Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 8:11:10 AM EDT
Conspiracy theories & some other interesting ideas from Liz Michael...fringe material...entertaining to say the least.

[url]http://www.lizmichael.com/deathbed.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
That brings me to the third reason the American Empire is about to die. Immigration policy. Out of the hundreds of new policies implemented in the last few months to ensure the safety of everyone, the most obvious one that would have actually done some good would have been to close the borders and revoke the visas and green cards of everyone having come into this country from a Muslim country. That one act would have prevented more terrorists from coming in, and it would have provided a mechanism for deporting 95% of potential terrorists still in this country.

Instead, we invite Syrians in to take more flying lessons and are going to grant Taliban-sympathetic Pakistanis carte blanche to come here and engage terror.

Because this third reason has barely been addressed, the agents who will continue to physically destroy America in future months and years, as well as kill millions, are already here, and will continue to be here. Eventually they will perform their task. These terrorists will eventually devastate the American mainland. They will do it regardless of how successful we are in prosecuting the war abroad. In fact, it is entirely possible that the more we punish Al-Qaeda abroad, the more likely the terrorists here will devastate us.
View Quote

The best part of a good read.  This is exactly what will occur and why.

Hang on tight, rough ride ahead![IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/otn/other/jpshakehead.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee I feel much better after reading that literary work of art from the brain trust.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
 You have to admit, at least some of it makes sense.  Pravda had an interesting article that said basically the same thing.  We are at the twilight of the America we knew, and it looks like the coming night may be a long one.  If you do not see the approaching darkness, you are blind or even worse, refuse to see.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Parts of it did seem sensible while other areas seemed a bit far fetched.

However, fact is typically stranger than fiction & with current events as they are I would suggest an open mind & closed bolt.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Parts of it did seem sensible while other areas seemed a bit far fetched.

However, fact is typically stranger than fiction & with current events as they are I would suggest an open mind & closed bolt.

View Quote

Good propaganda is a clever mixture of fact and inuendo combined with faulty statistics and core lies.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
id be willing to guess most people in this forum were very carefully evaluating nearly all purchases after 9/11 and probably still are. the article makes some good points.

most of what's been done by the gov to this point, may make a majority of people feel safer, but im not at all convinced anyone actually is safer.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely an interesting(and worthwhile) read.  BTT          

[%(]
("propaganda", my a**; You scared to open your mind to even consider pessimistic possibilities?)
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
We are making progress, we just need to be patient.  I am all for a gloves off ass kicking overseas and a full audit of our immigrant/H-1 folks.  But we all bitch about defending the same constitution that affords these buttholes due process.  We will get them, and yes we probably will suffer more attacks here at home.  But our system will work and we will exterminate an entire country of dumbasses.

They have no right to life.  Yes it sucks we will have to take our time cleaning house, but we have to ease our way into this one, it's a big deal this time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]
My guess is that we have one hell of a long dark night ahead before we ever get back to anything even resembling "freedom" in this country.  

There was a similar article over on Lew Rockwell that basically said that the modern welfare/warfare state is responsible for holding social and scientific progress back 1500 years.  

I also think that if there had been a big follow-up terror attack a few days after Sept. 11, that we would be living in Fascist Central right now.  We're only inches from severe repression because they don't know what else to do in such a circumstance.

The news tonight--all bullshit about how the war is progressing well and how Bush had marshals raid several businesses that allegedly took part in money laundering.  C'mon--they had 30 years to battle the drug trade and couldn't get anything done.  Am I to believe that rolling up a few small money operations is going to have an effect when they themselves said that there are over 40 countries involved?  Impossible.  

Conclusion:  The federal govt. is looking pretty helpless.  Nothing but a PR campaign taking place in the airports.  And until the US commits 100,000 troops on the ground, the war is just a showcase.  After that, it will be another Viet Nam.  It's a Catch-22, in other words.  

What happened to finding Osama by the way?  Looks like the main focus is on killing the Taleban now.    
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I keep hearing about this "American Empire" thing, but I don't get it. But if they want to see Guam and the US Virgin Islands as some sort of huge territorial conquest, more power to 'em.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to agree with the article to a degree.  The solutions being proposed to problems, real and imaginary, serve to distance the citizens from the government even more.  Using the national guard to provide some law enforcement functions, calling for a large group of federal air marshalls, new abilities given to law enforcement(that, admittedly, couldn't have affected what happened).  Our schools *are* an obvious target.  It's happened in Israel.  Are we really so arrogant to assume it can't happen here?  Of course we are, we need to be proven wrong before we open our eyes.  When that happens, do the national guard get posted there also?  Nobody has talked about it yet, but taxes will have to be raised to pay for all these people.  Many of these functions could be filled by everyday citizens in the long run.  There are a lot of people who claim to be patriots or unorganized militia members.  Why not give them an opportunity to put their time where their mouth is?  Many extremist groups have a government vs the people attitude.  What's being done supports that.  Giving them an opportunity to put in some time to help their community would not only include all us little people in the country's affairs, it would be a challenge to put up or shut up for all these armchair commandos.  Not everyone would be a good choice for every job, but anyone who's willing to volunteer has to be useful for something.  If we have domestic groups who are fighting the government, as well as a large segment of society who lives in fear of their own government, we are at a disadvantage.  Lets be realistic, are we, as individuals, more likely to be targeted by terrorists or the ATF?  The board's general disdain for the ATF doesn't come from us being a bunch of dangerous criminals who are just waiting to be brought to justice.  It comes from their track record of abuses and irrational positions on laws of questionable constitutionality.  How can we expect to be united against a common enemy if we, as gun owners, need to be highly skeptical of our government and especially any law enforcement agency asking questions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top