Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 3:21:54 PM EDT
Finally did what I had been planning to do for quite some time.

Went to the recruiter, filled out the paper work and took the sample laptop based ASVAB, which I did very well on.

I am 34, physically and mentally prepared to do this.

The real ASVAB will prolly be sometime next week, after that on to Nashville for the physical and swearing in.

Ship for basic will be before 31 March.

I know I will hate part of it but am truly looking forward to the overall challenge and the educational experience and I simply feel a calling to do as much as I can at this particular juncture in the American crossroads.

Plan on choosing MP for my MOS after graduating basic.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
X-kill, I am sooooo jealous.  I tried twice to join the service and was rejected twice due to health reasons.  It wasn't until I was about 35 that I learned I probably could at least get into the guard.  Well, while I was seriously thinking about it I hurt my back at work and now have no chance of getting in.

I truely regret it as I strongly feel that military service was my calling.....oh well [:(]

sgt(but not really a Sarge)ar15
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
CONGRATULATIONS
I went into the reserve at 37 and have never regretted it. I t was something I put off for too long. And it was my last chance with my age.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I went in at 32 years. M1 Armor crewmen. I have no regrets. Good Luck. If you wind at Ft. Knox say Hi to Disneyland.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

I have known for my entire life that this was the path for me to take.  Why I never did can not be answered with any justifiable reason other than I let life and life circumstances stand in my way.

No longer!

Will keep ya'll posted as I think my experiences will translate into good forum conversation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top