Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 11:41:12 AM EDT
This is mine, so far.  Just workin on the jacket for now.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/021/pq/95/Vb/8O96177.jpg[/img]

You can see my legs and feet coming out behind the ghillie.  I'm satisfied with what I have so far.  Comments?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What are we looking at again?

Oh yeah, it looks really, um ... er... nice.

Just kidding, nice blend effect.
Ice
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a rifle pointed at the camera vicinty?

If so...    Wow.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
No rifle in this pic.  Just threw a couple pics together this afternoon.  Will take more after a little work.  Next one will have my rifle with its little personal ghillie suit!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Cypher, where did you get the burlap???

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]Airborne Toast
I have ridden the skies in great machines, hooked up and jumped with the best of men.

I have fought long and hard, and when I felt I had no energy left,
I have been fired by the fear that if I stopped fighting, my comrades would die.

And when I was in danger, enemy all around, I heard the thunder from my left and my right, as my life was defended.

I have never been alone. I live, jump, fight and battle to victory with the greatest assemblage of men on earth.

Gentlemen, to the BROTHERHOOD of the AIRBORNE.

To the AIRBORNE ! [/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
This was made with a Bush Rag ghillie suit kit from Ranger Joe's.  The kit included the burlap (pre-dyed) and the net.  All the tying and the attaching to the clothing had to be done by hand, of course.  It was around $50.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Do any of us ever wonder why the average hunter will go out and spend 1k on camo everything and still not be nearly as hidden as one good Ghillie-suited sniper?

I guess I am using logic instead of looking at the real issue?

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This was made with a Bush Rag ghillie suit kit from Ranger Joe's.  The kit included the burlap (pre-dyed) and the net.  All the tying and the attaching to the clothing had to be done by hand, of course.  It was around $50.
View Quote

Thanx, bro (do they have a website?)
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]http://www.rangerjoe.com/catalog/selection.cfm?category=main&id=2719[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanx, guys.

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]You might be Airborne if... you have ever demonstrated a PLF in front of the company coffee pot. - John "Doc" Horton[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not hard at all to put together.  The only time consuming part is gluing/sewing the net to the clothing.  The tying of the burlap isn't too hard.  The burlap is already in string form so there's no shredding required like using full pieces of burlap.  It took me around 3 hours to finish the jacket and another 2 hours on the head piece.  The head piece took longer because it requires more burlap.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Cypher....Nice job.

I Too am in a work in progress state. I just ordered 2 more bundles of tan from Bushrag. I also used some hand painted, washed and dried burlap strips......SAVE YOU MARRIAGE....go to the laudry mat or use a shop vac.

Sorry, I don't have a Model or a camera man and it does blend well in the garage.

[img]http://www.photoasa.com/disk3/3063/112637_Ghillie.jpg[/img]

I am still working. This is based on a woodlands upper, heavy canvas skid plates, no pockets and a 6x9 foot piece of 1 inch net.
Head piece is a boonie with extra netting.
Pants are in the works and also have skid plates of heavy canvas and painted to blend.

I have a second head piece and smock in the works too as well as a rifle rag.

Karsten

If I were to post a rifle pic it would look like this

[img]http://www.photoasa.com/disk2/3063/96336_SavC2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#14]
your suit looks great. for the hat, did oyu use a real hat of a helmet cover?

your last set of pics don't work
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I used a boonie hat.  Like I said, I'm nowhere near finished yet.  The back is only partly covered in burlap, the hat drapes enough to cover the unfinished portion in the pic.  Before I finish, there will be padding on the chest,elbows,and knees as well as canvas over these areas.  I used an unlined M65 field jacket for the top and am still contemplating what I'm gonna do for the pants.  I have thought of making a buckle-on piece for the pants, seeing as I would have to fit it over the pants I would be currently wearing.  For this, I may take a piece of netting, cut it the right width/length, and install straps with buckles on the waist and various points on the leg; like I said, just an idea.  Will keep you guys updated on the progress.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice... I ordered mine on account of this post... hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice suit, dude!
 go over to sniper country and get the experts opinons.  Those guys, if some of them aren't hanging out here, will be able to give you some very good hints to follow up on, seeing how most of those guys do or have done that for a living.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#18]
That is some good looking camo from what I can see.  I just ordered mine for deer hunting.  I wonder how it will work with a bow?  I can't wait to stalk bambi with it,  they won't know what hit them.  I was going to use a pull over camo jacket with a hood so I can just flip the ghillie suit hood on and off without loosing it also there is no bare neck opening like the button front shirts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top