Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 11:36:38 AM EDT
... This may just be the death of Iran, their moderates are liking the western civilization lifestyles too much to go back to Islamic fundememtals.
... If not, Hell, that's a target rich part of the world!

[url]http://www.iran-press-service.com/articles_2001/nov_2001/iran_backing_taleban_31101.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do I have this feeling that things are going to get very ugly soon?
Oh Well.
Bring it on.
The sooner that we get on with it the better.
[heavy][50] [frag] [pyro] [rocket] [sniper][uzi]

[marines]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, how covert could it be if a construction worker in Connecticut just found out about it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The funny thing is their Imans fear Britny and Coca Cola more than they fear the US Govt. Noice how they took out the WTC before the White House. American Civilization is very strong and it will continue to infiltrate no matter what they do.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Unh-huh.  So, the author completely ignores that the Muslims who are running Afghanistan (and al-Quaeda) are Sunni Muslims, whom the Shi'ite Muslims of Iran are basically in a religious war against. . . .

And let's not forget that President Khatami of Iran was ready to open up relations with us a few weeks ago to help in attacking Afghanistan, until "Supreme Leader" Khamenei (one of the original mullahs of the 1979 revolution) decreed that any attempt to do so would bring the death penalty against whoever mentioned it. . . .

Noice how they took out the WTC before the White House.
View Quote

Given the track information from the Pentagon airplane, I would suggest that it was intended for the White House, but the terrorists weren't able to navigate to it.  Figuring out which building is which from the air sometimes isn't as easy as one thought it would be. . . .

Sorta like "Dr. Strangelove", where Slim Pickens complains, "Darn it, Goldie, you [i]promised[/i] me the secondary target!"
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I doubt it.  The Iranians hate the Taliban.  The Taliban massacred ethnic-Persians in western Afganistan.  The Taliban killed a bunch of Iranian government officials who were visiting Afganistan.  Iran wants the Taliban gone.  If it didn't offend their radical Islamic sensibilities so much the mullahs of Iran would be allowing us to base our bombers there.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top