Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2001 5:26:58 PM EDT
"Every dog hath his day?"

Today was [i]my[/i] day, anyhow. Dropped by the Bill Goodman's Nashville gun show, and brought my money with me...almost all of it[:D]

I picked up an Essential Arms/Colt 20" A2 rifle, in Very Good to Exc. condition from an AR15.com member(Thanks, glock910), and got to yak with him and member glock918 today for a couple of minutes, while my dad hit the ATM for cash(I had already had my max transactions for the day, deposit and withdrawl). also got to peek at the AR15.com 9/11 commemorative knife-very, very nice work by CRKT! Have to remember to get one.

Anyhoo, I got the J-15 for 750, private sale. Woohoo![:D] Have to give credit to my generous dad who agreed to help my financial situation today, by repaying some old loans for part of my firearms purchases today.

After that, we moped around some more, until we hit the Uzi. Preban Uzi, by Norinco, in excellent condtion, with folding stock.

I eyed the dealer across the counter. I knew I was close to broke, but also knew that I was gonna get that gun, somehow, someway.

I fondled it, worked the action, broke it down listened not at all to my dad advising me not to buy it, and finally admitted to myself that there was no way he was going to take $550 for it, the extent of my available cash...Then I realized that my dad  still owed me little more money...

To make a long story short, I put a deposit on the gun, and ran home to get the rest of the cash, my dad again agreeing to forward me the cash in repayment until I could make another withdrawl to repay him.

For $850, private sale, I now have my own Norinco model 320 Pre-Ban carbine, with one IMI 25rd mag. It'll use the same Uzi magazines as my Colt 9mm AR15(I have dozen or so), so that was another bonus, besides the fair price. Test fired it today, and it functions just flawlessly, not to mention it's a fun gun to shoot.

So, yet another thing to get KKF'ed up, thinking of maybe having Kurt rebuild it from the receiver up with an IMI/FN parts kit, and keeping the Norinco parts, especially bolt, stock and barrel, for spares.

Good, good, gooooood day...[:)]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They're not so private anymore!!  

Got a ? for you, are you sure that's a good deal on the Norinco UZI?  It has been a while since I looked but I thought they were in the $700 range?
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I still can't believe that I walked into a gun show with $1200 bucks and came out with 2-$3.00 slings and 2-$8.00 CAR butpads and no money left over. [:(]

But Jug's got a sharp eye and nailed 2 excellent deals.  I just hadn't planned on paying him back so sooooooon. [:D]

Next show, I'm going alone, cause I can't stand to argue with him over which one of us saw "it" first.[;D]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got a ? for you, are you sure that's a good deal on the Norinco UZI?  It has been a while since I looked but I thought they were in the $700 range?
View Quote

Pre-Ban, as-new with folding stock, - I think the average rate is higher (much).
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw a Norinco at last show for $1000.00. I wouldn't rebuild it though. It is worth much more as an original gun. IMIs got for about $1,200.00, a solution would be to sell it at a profit, around $950.00 and upgrade. Otherwise, keep it original and spend the "rebuild" money on accessories and ammo.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw a Norinco at last show for $1000.00. I wouldn't rebuild it though. It is worth much more as an original gun. IMIs got for about $1,200.00, a solution would be to sell it at a profit, around $950.00 and upgrade. Otherwise, keep it original and spend the "rebuild" money on accessories and ammo.
View Quote

Hey Styer...have you been reading my mail? Hmmm....Your suggestion sounds alot like my comments prior to said purchase.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Take no offense on the price ?, I've not been looking in a while mainly 'cause I don't need to be tempted.  I knew the IMI's were in the 1.2k range I just didn't realize the Norinco's were that close.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey-Y'all are trying to ruin my day![;D]

Really, I'm not unhappy with it at all as it is, and for the price I paid, I was able to walk out of there with an Uzi. Dream come true.

I'm not sure that the quality of the gun(pretty darned good, IMHO) warrants a total overhaul for the price I would pay, but Green Furniture is a must![:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hey Styer...have you been reading my mail? Hmmm....Your suggestion sounds alot like my comments prior to said purchase.
View Quote

Great minds....yada, yada...

And Jugg, DEFINITELY GREEN FURNITURE.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Take no offense on the price ?, I've not been looking in a while mainly 'cause I don't need to be tempted.  I knew the IMI's were in the 1.2k range I just didn't realize the Norinco's were that close.
View Quote

Oh, and no offense taken, Kevin. It's a pretty good price for a like new Uzi, not as awesome as the preban, but they have gone up a good bit, as Steyr has confirmed. Any Uzi is getting harder to find for local private sale, at least around here...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Serious?
Was a PreBan Norinco Uzi sold in this country???
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Juggernaut, I was wondering who the importer on the Uzi was? As a friend of mine imported several thousand of those into the US. They had problems with IMI not wanting them to be imported. His company mark "INTRAC CORP  Knoxville TN" should be on the lower part of the frame as far as I can remember.  AMOS
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Juggernaut, you might wanna check out the mags over at [url]www.dsarms.com[/url].  The 25rd. mag prices are pretty darn good but I don't the track record of the 40's.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Juggernaut, I was wondering who the importer on the Uzi was? As a friend of mine imported several thousand of those into the US. They had problems with IMI not wanting them to be imported. His company mark "INTRAC CORP  Knoxville TN" should be on the lower part of the frame as far as I can remember.  AMOS
View Quote

Yep, that's them! Intrac of Knoxville is the importer. Yeah, it's preban, model 320, I got the factory manual with a pic of it on the front, with folding stock and all. The only bad part is the crappy Crinkly finish on the receiver and sight trunions and everything, and the relatively cheap looking stampings of the stock but the internals are top notch, and I really doubt that the gun has any serious structural or functional problems, it pumped through about 8 rounds yesterday, no problem(8 was all I had).

Only other problem is, it's oozing Communism all over my safe. I'm starting to want my first AK!![:D]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
it pumped through about 8 rounds yesterday, no problem(8 was all I had).
View Quote

That's bad!!!  I would've insisted on talking him down $7-10 just so I could buy 1 or 2 boxes of ammo before I left the show!!! [smoke]

IMI 'blacktip' - [url]http://www.cole-distributing.com/[/url]
Cheap CCI - [url]http://www.natchezss.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Green Furniture? Huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top