Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 6:48:59 PM EDT
I received this in my E-mail.  Thought it was pretty cool if it is true.

How Budweiser handles those who laughed at those who died on 11 Sept 2001
Thought you’d like to know what happened in a town north of Bakersfield  California.  After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to  others so that our nation and around the world will know about those who  laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, PA and the  Pentagon.
September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience  store in a town called McFarland.  He knew of the tragedy that had occurred  in New York.  He entered the business to find two Arabs whooping and  hollering and really cheering it up.  It was obvious they were elated with  what had happened earlier. The Budweiser employee went to his truck called  his boss and told him of the very upsetting event.  He didn’t feel he could  be in that store with those horrible people.  His boss told him, “Do you  think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and  item our beverage company sells there?  We’ll never deliver to them again.”  The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage  company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face.  He told them  never to bother and call for a delivery again.
Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community.  Just letting  you all know how Kern County handles this situation!  Pass this along.   America needs to know that we’re all working together.
Well, I need to add to this.  My father in Nevada sent this to me.  Fact is,  I live not too far from McFarland here in Central California, and I heard  about this at work the day after it happened.  Seems a lot of people from  work frequented the store in question.  But it didn’t end there.  As Paul  Harvey might say, here’s the rest of the story...
Seems the Budweiser driver had friends...in particular, the Pepsi route
driver.  The Bud driver called his Pepsi friend from his cell phone while he
was still at the store and told him what happened.  Seems the Pepsi driver
called his boss, and received the identical orders the Bud driver did.  So
Pepsi went in and took out everything in the store under their corporate
brand.  And if you know PepsiCo (Pepsi, Frito Lay, etc.), that’s damn near
EVERYTHING.  Last I heard, that store has no product, no customers (word
spreads fast in these small towns, y’know) and no hope.  And I say good
riddance to bad rubbish. I hope they enjoyed their cheers...it’s the last
they’ll be doing in THIS country
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That's cool.  Now, that is a company that is not PC'd and has balls.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice thought, but generally anything that's being delivered to a convenience store like that has already been paid for.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
GOOD! scum bags.

I'm am the first to say we need to keep cool and not get kicking the crap out of anybody in America right now,but I can tell you RIGHT NOW that there is no way in hell these guys would be able to walk now if it was me there that day.
They could lock me up if they have to but thats to damn much!

I would love to take the d!*k head's head back to his wife in a bag,thats more that some people in New York will ever get back!s

They think we are pu$$ies HA!,I would love to stand in a pool of rag head blood and take a nice looooong PISS!

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll make sure I increase my purchases of Bud and Pepsi Co products!

Way to go Bud and Pepsi [beer]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice thought, but generally anything that's being delivered to a convenience store like that has already been paid for.
View Quote

You can always recall your products for "quality control problems", regardless of whether or they've been paid for. Also, future orders are subject to random price fluctuations...
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Where in Central Cali are u?
I live in Visalia, but Im going to school in fresno right now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry guys, I thought it was a great story too but it turned out to be an urban legend.  Check out the following link:

[url]http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/bud.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, I thought it was a great story too but it turned out to be an urban legend.  Check out the following link:

[url]http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/bud.htm[/url]
View Quote

That's okay, Budweiser being a "beer" is an urban legend as well [:D].  I don't think I'll break the news to the guy that sent it to me though, he's a cool old man.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Shhhhhhh, don't ruin the fantasy.  Oh, too late [:D]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
THE STORY IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!
I talked to a Budweiser driver in Bakersfield on Tuesday,his plant also services all of McFarland which is only about 15 0r 20 minutes north of Bakersfield.
He told me first of all that they can't just go in and take product that has been bought and paid for,that's called stealing,and you tend to be arrested and jailed for that.
Second A.B.C ( Alcoholic Beverage Control) will not allow alcoholic beverages to be credited and then resold,much like ammunition,it can not be resold after it's initial sale.
If the merchant was offered credit and refused Budweiser really doesn't have much say.
They could claim a defective product,but then would they really want that kind of publicity,especially if it wasn't true,not likely.
This is just another one of those stupid internet stories from someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd belive it. I work for a beverage company. we distribute coke and others. our route drivers are always fraternizing with other route guys. for example, our guys trade expired coke for expired cases of chips when they bump into the chip route drivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top