Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 3:08:22 PM EDT
So there I was, minding my own business, wandering around aimlessly inside the local WalMart, when I see them: Two lesbians walking down the isle, holding hands, just as happy as can be. I had to bite my tongue HARD just to keep from saying "Hello, Faggots" to them. I just have to wonder if its against the law to call homosexuals faggots or queers to their face. I dont believe it is, but I dont know for sure. I do know that there are probably "hate crime" statutes involved with threatening violence or "intimidating" certain protected groups. But bear in mind that I was just going to greet them queers in a friendly tone of voice.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
per the dictionary - faggot: bundle of sticks

Edited to add the following:

I have gay and lesbian friends. Believe me, they know better than we do about "who is and who isn't". Unless they are a true queen or a real bull dyke - they are the same as you and I. They just prefer someone else.

Secondly, I have this one gay friend. Prior to becoming friends we were at the same BBQ. He knew that I was from a rural area, and had made an assumption about people from that area. I, without thought made the following statement "it ain't a party till there's a good dawg fight". He and several others made some assumptions about the type of person that I was as a result. It took 2yrs to dispell those myths.

Don't judge!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, in Texas it could be language that "tends to incite an immediate breach on the peace."  That is an arrestable class C misdemeanor.  But each state has it's own laws.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It would be considered slander to call someone by a derogatory or hurtfull term. If they have a good enough lawyer, he/she can tack on a lower count of hate crime. I don't think these are jailable offenses but it can cost you. Specially if they can gather enough witnesses.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the point?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, by the way Lordtrader, I ate a couple of Double Doubles from In-N-Out Burger 2 days ago, and my car STILL smells like onions!

Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That is really hateful and inappropriate.

Besides, as a man I love lesbians. In fact, it has been suggested that I am a lesbian in a man's body.

There is something seriously wrong with any man who hates lesbians....well maybe the ugly ones, but the lesbian babes in Vivid or the Playboy channel are serious contenders.

The Collector....
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
In most states, you could get seriously jacked up and dragged into civil court even if you didn't get arrested.  So you were minding your own business, and they seem to have been minding theirs.  Why on earth would you feel such a need to ruin their day with a comment like that?  Were they hurting you?  What's your problem?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Besides, as a man I love lesbians. In fact, it has been suggested that I am a lesbian in a man's body.

There is something seriously wrong with any man who hates lesbians....well maybe the ugly ones, but the lesbian babes in Vivid or the Playboy channel are serious contenders.

The Collector....
View Quote

I agree. I also don't see anything in the Bible about lesbians. It says "man shall not lie with man". If the prohibiton included women, it would have said so.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]
No it's not illegal. Denying them the purchase of a home, rental property, education, job, etc... on the basis of their sexual preference is illegal under the Civil Rights Act. (except in my town of Cincinnati where the city ordinance made it specifically illegal to protect homosexuality under the Civil Rights statutes!!! YAAAY!!!)

If you said it to them directly, then you couldn't be sued for slander either. Slander means that you would have had to make a maliciously false statement to the detriment or defamation of their character so as to cause loss. That would ultimately be a civil matter, but since they were openly expressing their gayness, then they were opening themselves up for someone's opinion.

Might not have been an APPROPRIATE thing to say, but then again, I am not you. That's for you to decide.

Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#11]
That stuff you see on the playboy channel isn't real 95% of lesbians are ugly Bull Dykes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, they weren't hitting on your wife, girlfriend, or daughter, huh?  Well, if it isn't your cup of tea, well, let it go.

We have more than enough to worry about these days, without adding other peoples personal business...

gun control
loss of privacy
excessive taxes
terrorism
etc, etc, etc

So, things such as a person's race, sexual preferences, hair color, body weight, are just too unimportant for me to waste time thinking about.

You want to be left alone, to keep the arms you think you have a right to own, read what you want, live and travel where you want, etc... but you cannot stay out of another's business?

I think you should extend the same freedoms to others that you expect for yourself.  

But that is my opinion...
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#14]
"Is it against the law to call someone a faggot?"

[:(] you can't ask and I can't tell you,well will never know.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
As a young lad, one of the first things Moms taught me was "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" and if she didn't like what I had to say she would slap the shit out of me. (this was the olden days when you could do that kinda stuff) The lesson took...
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Karkatoa:

If you are compelled to do something like this, then you need to use the correct jargon. "Faggot" is the term used most often to describe male homosexuals.  If you had yelled "faggot" at the two women they may not have known that you are directing your comments to them and your efforts to be offensive would have been wasted. The more appropriate term would have be "dyke", "butch", "lesbo", etc.  That would have gotten thier attention.  However I agree with resqman in terms of the probable response.

Legally speaking in most places it wouldn't be that big of a deal unless violence or the threat of violence was invloved.  If that is the case then yes, hate crimes would be an issue.

Finally a word of caution:

Becareful!  I have worked with homosexual people who don't take that kind of crap.  They work out, train in the martial arts, and have conceal carry permits.  So becareful who you screw with.  It would be a shame for you to get your ass kicked by a couple of "dykes" or a "faggot".  What would you say then?  Supposed you initiated an altercation with a male homosexual only to have him kick the crap out of your ass, then have him decide that you were kind of cute.  What would you do then?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#17]
[:O]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh, by the way Lordtrader, I ate a couple of Double Doubles from In-N-Out Burger 2 days ago, and my car STILL smells like onions!

View Quote

You bastard. You are the 2nd person on this board to tease with I&O Burgers. Isn't that right Jarhead22? Both of youz can go to burger hell for all I care.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#20]
hehehehe! I had lunch there today also. 3ea Burgers w/grilled onions---large coke...!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree with AR-collector, there is something seriously wrong with a man who hates good looking lesbians. You should look at it as your
duty to turn them around.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It would be considered slander to call someone by a derogatory or hurtfull term. If they have a good enough lawyer, he/she can tack on a lower count of hate crime. I don't think these are jailable offenses but it can cost you. Specially if they can gather enough witnesses.
View Quote

It's only slander if what is said is false.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#24]
this is the new U.S., everything is illegal now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#25]
if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Faggot!

Did I break a law? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#27]
no but if they smack you around they might argue that you insited it
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, you could probably call them that w/o any charges being brought against you.  But why... heck, I love pussy myself, and can't blame anyone else for liking it.  All of us guys are "lesbians trapped in men's bodies!"  LOL!!! But as for those guys... well, that's another story... but heck, to each his/her own.

Some people like "innies" and some like "outies."  I am partial to the "innies" myself.

ARnSC  [whacko]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Since Lordtrader started using that sig. line, I have been considering going the 600 miles for a couple of those. And a Straw Hat pizza. And a Round Table pizza. And Joey's Barbecue.
Damn, now I'm hungry.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I really dont mind homosexuals as long as they keep their lifestyles to themselves. When they start going out in public flaunting it, thats when I have to draw the line.
Also, all youz who are saying you dont mind female homosexuality. You do realize that the more women who are turned onto this lifestyle, that means less  pussy for you normal men?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Really, Krak, I am having a hard time understanding why you would want to even do this to begin with.

Seriously................agreeing or not disagreeing with someones lifestyle is not the basis by which you justify a verbal assault in a public place.

Were I a lesbian and you started that shit with me I'd beat your damn ass right their under the smiley face.

No.........I am not queer............and personally I don't support teh gay lifestyle but reverse the situation for a moment if you will.

Suppose you are at the Wal-Mart sporting goods counter buying some ammo for your pistol......lets make that a Glock 21 okay?

Now........two anti-gun/anti-hunting types start verbally harrassing you while you are minding your own business.

They get loud and you get really pissed.

How'd you feel then?

I would think one would want only to engage others when there is an eminent threat of violence to themselves or some innocent third party/family member.

Personally.....I try to see that those who are asking for usually get it.

Get my drift?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Is it the part about eating pussy that offends you? Really, its great! You don't know until you try!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Well perhaps, and I say PERHAPS, commenting on someones lifestyle choice which they display in public is in poor taste.
But how else does one deal with homosexuals growing bolder and bolder in flaunting their lifestyles in public?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Grimshaw, if it was your wife/girlfriend who was into eating pussy, would that offend you? Evidently not, according to your post!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Try staying out of Wal-Mart if you don't want to see inbreds and weirdos! I couldn't be further from gay but, I don't see any reason to fuck with "them" as long as they aren't fucking with me![sex]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#36]
newblkrifle- Your advise on staying out of WalMart was the best I've had all day!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I agree with AR-collector, there is something seriously wrong with a man who hates good looking lesbians. You should look at it as your duty to turn them around.
View Quote

The way I see it, there are no good-looking lesbians. They're all bi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top