Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2001 10:01:31 AM EDT
[url]www.washtimes.com/national/20011031-79986873.htm[/url]

Our health 'authorities' seem puzzled that 1 micron particles can spread themselves far and wide [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone else feel that the government has really messed up and are continuing to mess up on how they handle Anthrax?

It's obvious the attacks are coming in the mail.  So you think they would want to see how far and wide the attacks are so they could properly contain it.  Yet, they didn't start testing post offices until someone gets sick.  In my opinion after the 3rd letter was found, everyone post office in the US should have been tested.  Then we would know how wide spread this threat really is and the government wouldn't be standing around with their thumbs up their butt saying, "gee we have no idea how someone go infected", more than 30 days after the first attack.

The governments response to this is pathetic.  People will die because the government is reacting to individual cases, instead of being proactive and trying to contain the threat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you expect, these are the same people who try to convince us that you cannot contract AIDS through any means other than a direct blood transfusion (ok exaggerating a little).  I think they base their knowlege on "It hasn't happened yet, therefore it cannot happen"
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
First they said it was 'low grade' Anthrax, whatever the hell that means. Later we hear its high grade weapons Anthrax.

Then they said, "well its hard to make this stuff"....are they IDIOTS? You don't have to make it ...all you have to do is STEAL OR BUY IT! A Moron can then put some in an envelope and  then mail it.

Next,  they were 'surprised' that Anthrax spores could 'leak' thru a sealed envelope. Have you ever taken a close look at WHERE the paste is? It doesn't go all the way across the flap!

Next, I heard the spores were migrating thru the paper, never mind the fact that envelopes don't seal at the ends....you know where you stick your FINGER in to open it!

Then I see postal workers wearing these cheap paper masks..you know the ones designed to keep out paint spray or sawdust. Do you think those masks will stop 1 micron particles?

If you want to see how scientists who know what the hell they are doing handle dangerous particles, check what they wear in the biohazards sections of the CDC in Atlanta.

Something else...the current media buzz is 'lets protect the postal employees'. I'm all for that, but the only thing the Postal Service does is deliver stuff to the recipient. WHAT ABOUT US! We are the recipients. Nobody has a clue how many contaminated letters have been or continue to be mailed. For all we know tained letters are still flying thru those sorting machines....

Sorry, soapbox mode off... BP meds continue to function normally
[soapbox]

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a feeling they aren't telling us everything! [BD]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Those DIPSHITS.  They new all god damn long they could get into clothing and get into the air.  They thought since this wasn't an infectious disease it couldn't spread.  DUM ASS MF'S I sware. It took me only 1 week to figure out what they weren't seeing. And I know jack shit.  These people are morons.

Benjamin

DON'T WORRY THEY SAID, "ANTHRAX ISN"T CONTAGIOUS".  So the FUCK WHAT?? It still acts as though it is because it can be carried in hair, clothing, hands, anything else, and AIR and in this manner still acts just like a contagious disease.

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
DON'T WORRY THEY SAID, "ANTHRAX ISN"T CONTAGIOUS". So the FUCK WHAT?? It still acts as though it is because it can be carried in hair, clothing, hands, anything else, and AIR and in this manner still acts just like a contagious disease.
View Quote

No, it's not "just like" a contagious disease.  If it were, there'd be thousands of fatalities instead of just a few.

It's like the difference between having a toddler defecate in your living room or start a fire there.  Either situation is bad and can spread, but the fecal matter is only going to spread to the extent that you or the kid step in it and walk around with it on your feet.  You can put off cleaning up the mess without worrying that the turds are going to reproduce and crawl all over your house.

If your house is on fire, though, you'd better put it out ASAP or it [b]will[/b] spread on its own and burn every flammable thing it contacts.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DON'T WORRY THEY SAID, "ANTHRAX ISN"T CONTAGIOUS". So the FUCK WHAT?? It still acts as though it is because it can be carried in hair, clothing, hands, anything else, and AIR and in this manner still acts just like a contagious disease.
View Quote

No, it's not "just like" a contagious disease.  If it were, there'd be thousands of fatalities instead of just a few.

[red]It's like the difference between having a toddler defecate in your living room or start a fire there.  Either situation is bad and can spread, but the fecal matter is only going to spread to the extent that you or the kid step in it and walk around with it on your feet.  You can put off cleaning up the mess without worrying that the turds are going to reproduce and crawl all over your house.[/red]

If your house is on fire, though, you'd better put it out ASAP or it [b]will[/b] spread on its own and burn every flammable thing it contacts.  
View Quote

Now that's the analogy of the month!
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]

You guys are nuts.   The government is here to protect us !

They always tell us the truth.

Do NOT stockpile water, food, antibiotics, knowledge, etc...

They will come to our doorsteps bearing aid !
Honest....

Yikes!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's like the difference between having a toddler defecate in your living room or start a fire there.  Either situation is bad and can spread, but the fecal matter is only going to spread to the extent that you or the kid step in it and walk around with it on your feet.  You can put off cleaning up the mess without worrying that the turds are going to reproduce and crawl all over your house.

View Quote

Either way, a certain toddler should get a beating.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...It's like the difference between having a toddler defecate in your living room or start a fire there.  Either situation is bad and can spread, but the fecal matter is only going to spread to the extent that you or the kid step in it and walk around with it on your feet. ...
View Quote

Uh, this is no analogy.   Try again, only this time the crap is invisible and odorless, and you didn't see it happen.   Now how are you going to avoid stepping in something you don't know is there?

Antrax is not technically contagious.  It's just very easily passed around by contamination.
NOW I feel a whole lot better.

Those 8,000 or so spores you have to inhale?
My guess:  combined, they would be smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Uh, this is no analogy. Try again, only this time the crap is invisible and odorless, and you didn't see it happen. Now how are you going to avoid stepping in something you don't know is there?
View Quote

OK, that's a good point.  But I'd still rather deal with invisible crap than with invisible fire. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#13]
What is really scary is that there is something like 10,000+ people currently on anti-biotics. They all don't have Anthrax, but are taking it prophylatically. Just a few letters were enough to do this. And it is having a real strain on our medical system. Imagine what would happen if a real outbreak took place. I don't even want to think about it.

Because of it's purity and refinement, it may only require as little as 2500 spores to cause a serious infection instead of the standard 10-20,000. So instead of the amount that would fit on the head of a pin, all you need is the amount that will fit on the pin point.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#14]
In LA, at a dangerous intersection, they don't put up a "Traffic Signal" until about 20 or more people are killed.

I've been wondering (since the FL Anthrax death), if authorities have looked at the
person(s) or Media that were targeted, as to where they stand on various issues.

So far I see the targets being strong on:

Pro-Abortion
Anti-Gun
Anti-Military
Pro-Gay
And so on...

Is it possible, that we are dealing with a person, or group, of the opposite view, that have finally went totally "Militant", like most lefty groups are?

Now as to other attacks: Copy Cats? or to throw authorities off suspecting the "Domestic" possiblities and putting suspicions back into  "Iraq's" or the "Caveman's" corner????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top