Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 7:03:03 AM EDT
Damn little hellians are always climbing over the chain link fence in my backyard and tramping on my wifes flower beds.  She works hard on those gardens.  Told the damn kids many times to stay out of our yard.  My wife wants to put in a fish pond next summer...can't wait to have the kids in that!  I blame it on the lowlife parents.  They never know where in the hell there kids are.  They just come out of there house and scream down the street for the kids.  Why don't parents teach there kids to stay off of other peoples property and have some respect for others.  Maybe I should sit on my front porch and clean my AR next time the parents are out front.  Maybe if they think I am some type of a wacko gun nut they will tell their kids to stay away from our house.  I also thought of electrifying the fence!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I also thought of electrifying the fence!
View Quote

Better idea!  Uncoil a roll of razor wire across the top of the chain link.  Problem solved![IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you just need to lay down the law with the parents. Every talk to them about their brats?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
actually we had this problem a couple years ago,  we went to a home improvement shop and bought a sprinkler head that had a motion detector on it.  Set that sucker up in your garden and the next little munchkin that crawls over your fence gets doused!  It only took a couple of dousings to end our problem.  We didn't even have to leave it on  anymore, just leave it sitting there.  Plus since it's not actually you doing the hosing you don't really develop into the "mean crotchety bastard down the block" if you care about stuff like that.  

I think we went to Eagle (now lowes) but I can't remember.

Option two is a paintball gun but that's only if you really really really want to get sued.

crash.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Punji sticks.  Works every time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
actually we had this problem a couple years ago,  we went to a home improvement shop and bought a sprinkler head that had a motion detector on it.  Set that sucker up in your garden and the next little munchkin that crawls over your fence gets doused!  It only took a couple of dousings to end our problem.  We didn't even have to leave it on  anymore, just leave it sitting there.  Plus since it's not actually you doing the hosing you don't really develop into the "mean crotchety bastard down the block" if you care about stuff like that.  

I think we went to Eagle (now lowes) but I can't remember.

crash.
View Quote

That's actually an excellent idea.  First, it'll probably solve your problem.  Second, it is unlikely you'll get sued by the parents for getting their little bastards wet.  Whereas punji sticks and razor wire...

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#6]
those sprinklers work great for lots of things,  like when you put down new grass and ^%@#$%@#$ people keep walking on it.  Keeping birds out of gardens when you just planted it.  Keeping deer of bushes,  kids off fences, etc...

everyone should have one!

and like PoliticalScience said,  less likely to get your lawyerpoked than punji sticks and concertina wire.

crash
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#7]
How much is one of those motion sensor sprinklers?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]
12 ga. and Rock salt. Put up no tresspassing signs. When they tresspass shoot them. [:D]

Or you could try a supersoaker with doe urine. Thats always a good choice.  [puke]

A great choice is a very prickly garden. Cactus, roses, its up to you.

Guncrazy223
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
[left]I had this problem with a neighbor brat he keeps on coming over at night and trying to get my daughter well I gave them a fair warning but has usual will not listen well I just went into the garage and nailed up some boards buried them right under here window next morning sure enough sock hair and blood! I fixed that sucker.[/left]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[left]I had this problem with a neighbor brat he keeps on coming over at night and trying to get my daughter well I gave them a fair warning but has usual will not listen well I just went into the garage and nailed up some boards buried them right under here window next morning sure enough sock hair and blood! I fixed that sucker.[/left]
View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHA....

Actually, the cactus is a great idea too.  Anyone know where I can get bramble bush seedlings?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
We had the same problem for a while. We called the Police. Even had them restricted from coming on our property under penalty of law. It did no damn good. By the time the cops arrived, they'd be gone. I would make sure they knew I was armed. That did some good. But, when I was gone they went back to their old tricks. Eventually, they moved.

But, my suggestion is:

Take a 12 Gauge Blank, place it in a holder and mount it to a post somewhere hidden. Then place a spring activated dull nail behind it. Attack the mechanism to a bunch of pressure switches around your yard. Then when the punks step foot on your yard, they hear a 12 Gauge and piss their pants. You can also try offset explosive charges. Try placing the blanks below ground. A couple inches below. Then place them well away from the switch, but in view. Then when the little brat steps on it, he sees an explosion and dirt fly. To add to it, but up signs that "Warning: Land Mines. Do Not Enter." You might also want to consider rigging a BLank Machine Gun in a window, then some firecrackers about a  half-inch below ground. When they step on a switch, the blank gun starts firing and firecrackers start going off around them. The see dirt flying and a gun firing and think they are being shot at.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#12]
You should deal with this like PaulieWalnuts would. If there is something trespassing on your property, the owners obviously don't care about it. So you have the right to kill it. You can shoot it, bludgeon it to death with a blunt object, or blow it up. This is totally within your rights since the kid should STAY IN ITS OWN YARD.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#13]
BTW, If it were up to me, I'd just rig up some lower-power land mines. You know the kind that scorch a leg, but don't do any lasting damage. Maybe they'd learn when they are  thrown and they get burned. Better yet, a steel plate above the charge would make a great way to throw them in the air, but not blow them up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Burn down THEIR house.  Then they have to move.

??
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Big F'in dog.

Pit
Rott
G. Shepherd
Mastiff
Chow
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Put some dirty grease on the fence.  Then they'll hasve to explain to their own mother where they got it.  Dog poo might work, too, but the smell goes both ways.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#17]
FAE.

[url]209.207.236.112/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/fae.htm[/url]

Or hire the mall ninja.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#18]
All very good suggestions.  Boy would I love to see those little f*ckers run when they think they are being shot at and blown up!  I tend to lean towards one of the suggestions that will not put me in jail.

I like the dirty grease on the fence idea.  If I put boards with nails sticking up that leaves me liable right (even though its my yard)?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#19]
DOG, DOG!  Put up a beware of Dog sign.  Starve the Doberman for a few days and watch! Or hire one of other neighborood kids to wait and pound them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#20]
concertino (sp?) wire is the better solution
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#23]
As much as these kids deserve a good ass beating (or worse!), in just about all parts of the country setting up any sort of trap, or actually shooting or hitting these kids will probably cause you far more problems than you cause them.

Instead, let the system work [b]for[/b] you!

I had a friend with a similar problem - undisciplined neighborhood brats would trespass, vandalize, and steal, but it was almost impossible to catch them.  And when the police did eventually show up, the kids would be gone and the LEOs refused to do anything.

So I set up a small X-10 camera behind their garage with Gotcha! software -

http://[url]http://www.x10.com/[/url]
http://[url]http://www.gotchanow.com/[/url]

plugged into a cheap video capture card, and every time there was movement back there, the computer would start storing still frames of the activity.  Armed with several graphic print-outs, they paid a visit to their local PD and filed a complaint with the detectives.  The kids got busted and had to spend their summer vacation in Juvenile Hall, and the parents paid fines and fees.

But it gets better -

When the kids got out, they were pissed!!  But my buddy went to court asking for a temporary restraining order (TRO), and the judge had no problems issuing an order against the kids  commiting any more crimes.  It was easy.

Sure enough, when the kids got out they started striking back, and it was all caught on disk.  My friend filed four separate complaints against the kids for violating the restraining order, and the judge put them all back in jail.  Plus, they filed 4 lawsuits in Small Claims Court (one for each instance of vandalism), and won $5,000 (the max) punitive damages in each case.  The parents didn't want to pay, so my friends slapped a lien on their house and started garnishing the father's wages.  Then they got a court order and seized their car.  The father lost his job and they couldn't pay the mortgage, and had to move.  (He was a loser anyway, and causing him to be late and miss a few days sealed his doom.)

Even though they only collected a few thousand of the $20k judgement, they got rid of the family once and for all, and still made a profit.  Plus, the bank that foreclosed on the house is desperately trying to work out some sort of deal to lift the lien on the house so they can sell it.  Right now it looks like my friend may end up owning that house.

You have to remember - the cops are lazy pricks and won't do shit to help you if it means putting in any sort of effort on their part.  So you have to gather up a substantial amount of evidence and spoonfeed it to them, and get the courts to order them into action.

But if you stop and use your brain a little (plus about $150 in high-tech hardware) you can get everything you need to get the Wheels of Justice to start turning in the direction you want them to.  And once you get that ball rolling, it's hard to stop and your target will get flattened by it.  [:D]

And payback is a bitch!!

[Edited to ficks speling misteaks.]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Punji sticks.  Works every time.
View Quote

I don't know if they grow out there, but agave plants are the next best thing. Thier points are sharp as needles and will penetrate just about anything, including leather jackets, gloves, etc.
And they aren't terribly bad looking plants either.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#25]
nah get a jumping choya (sorry for the spelling)

any way they have big sharp spines on em
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Hit the Farm Supply Store and get you a Hot Wire, they get hold of that once and they won't want anymore!  Other suggestions above would work well too.  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#27]
..where the hell is Garden Weasel when you need'em? [:D]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, Steel_Rat.  That story kicked ass.  Score one for the good guys. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
nah get a jumping choya (sorry for the spelling)

any way they have big sharp spines on em
View Quote

The jumping cholla is an outstanding home defense plant, if you can get it to grow in your climate. It drops these fuzzy looking things about the size of a potato. The fuzz is actually long fine spines that go into your skin and curl around. Sorta like having hundreds of tiny fish hooks stuck in you. EXTREMELY painful to remove them. The spines are very springy so these things can bounce up if disturbed, hence the term "jumping" cholla. I was hiking with a group in the CA Mojave desert, and some bastard kicked one, and it bounced a few times and stuck in my leg through a pair of jeans.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hit the Farm Supply Store and get you a Hot Wire, they get hold of that once and they won't want anymore!  Other suggestions above would work well too.  Good Luck!
View Quote

HeHeHE....Make sure you get the ones for "Predator Control". I think they make them that will run 100 or so miles of fence, so I imagine it'd work real well on a house lot[:D] Also instead of regular wire you can get what looks like braided nylon, only the wire is extra small and braided in with the nylon. The first time I experinced it I was on a neibors farm doing a little rabbit hunting when I came upon some of it. I thought to myself "Who put this trot line out here?" ZAP! A few strainds should work well. If you do go this route remember grounding the box is the key to getting a good charge. At least 2 groung rods(copper is best but you can use a metal post) 6 feet apart and a couple of feet down. It should be a schocking experince, if anything is said ask what they were doing within your fenced property anyway. [uzi]
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Since, you all know my suggestions would illegal, I don't have to say this, but:

When those kids were causing problems. One day, they were vandalising my neighbors house for like the nth time. He saw, them and gave chase. They ran into a friends house. He caught one of them in the doorway and while trying to get away, the kid hit his head. He was treated and was just fine, but because the guy technically entered the house and commited assault he was charged with Home Invasion. Some serious shit. His wife had to put up the deed on their house to pay his exhorbitant bail. Which was high, becuase it was a serious felony. Well, half the neighbors showed up in court, but guess who didn't: The victims/accusers. The DA took a look at the fact the accusers didn't show up as well as the kids criminal records which put some adults to shame and decided to drop the case. He got out, but still spent a few days in Jail before his bail was posted.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#32]
All dirty stinkin rotten ass kids should be required to wear shock collars.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#33]
My wife grows roses and bougainvilleas all around the fences and under the windows - I hardly have to use my 12ga or my .45 at night...

Y'ever SEE a full-grown bougainvillea?  The ones my wife has must have 3-4" long thorns - and you notice them when they get imbedded in your hand...  Tore the Hell out of my flag as well - I have to get a new one up....

FFZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top