Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 11:22:03 PM EDT
to everyone that called me a greedy child in the first part of this, this is for you![-!-!-]
It was not about a c mag it was what it Ment when I was told to sell it so once again[-!-!-]

Anyhow we finaly sat down and talked about it tonight after I got all of my stuff moved into the garage(My garage is 30/32 2 story heated)She asked why I was doing this? I told her that I was can't live in a house where I can't spend 500 on myself without asking her when she can go and drop 25grand on a car and not think twice about it or ask me if I thought it was a good choice(she bought the car when I was out of town)She couldn't understand what I was trying to get at.. So anyhow after 20min of yelling at each other and her throwing every impulse purchace I have made since I was born in my face She got the point..She claims that I can spend money as I want as long as the bills are paid exc. So Guys there is a lesson to be learned here. What is is I don't know;but I think it goes something like this" let them think they are geting their way till you can't take it anymore and then make one quick well planed move to regain your life...
Garry
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
let them think they are geting their way till you can't take it anymore and then make one quick well planed move to regain your life...
View Quote

Or, as my uncle, who was a marriage counselor that often bragged he hadn't "lost" (divorce) one yet, would say privately to the guy, "Don't say no often.  Don't ever say no when you don't mean it.  When you do say no, say it like a man and stick to it."
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn Dude! I didn't get in on the first part, but I'd say if she's thoughtless enough to buy a $25k car without (at LEAST) your thoughts, and then she  has the gall to bitch about a measly $500 C-mag then there's something horribly WRONG with that picture!! UNLESS she is the absolute and total breadwinner of the family? (which I doubt)

Anyway, Here's to ya man, for havin the cojones to make a stand! the first beer's on me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Not at $7 a hr she isn't compared to my 45a year. just about everyone who replyed flamed me for being a selfish child who wined for not geting his way. to all of you; you know who you are[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad that your wife gave in or at least is being more flexable as divorce is a path that ends with nobody winning especially when kids are involved.  As for the way you started this post....
to everyone that called me a greedy child in the first part of this, this is for you! [-!-!-]
View Quote

You Look Like an [b]IDIOT[/b] to me!.... [b]Grow Up![/b]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no tolerance for wominz.They are always trying to pull some sort of crap.They'll continue for 10+yrs to keep trying to wear you down once they got you hooked/married.All for a boink...I do not think so.I would have sent her packing if I came home to find a 25K auto in the driveway unless it was her $$.Which is NEVER the case.You let her piss on your leg,then she'll really 'shit' on you!
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't searched for the original post to review it, but I'm pretty confident that my response WASN'T one of a name calling nature.

I STILL believe that there is a terribly deficient communication problem in your relationship.  It goes both ways though.  You both have to be able to be honest and lay it all on the table.

As I recall, you stated in your original post that you have kids.  I've gone through a divorce and it cost me BIG.  REALLY BIG.

I got custody of my son in '98 and since then things have been better, but the whole process drained me financially and emotionally.  My son asked me for the first time two nights ago why his mom and I divorced.

How would you answer a question like that?

I'm not pointing fingers or calling names, I'm also not in your shoes.

Think long and hard and make the right decision.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
garry,

When you first presented your side you left out some pretty vital information and YES, you did appear to be a greedy little brat.  So [-!-] right back at you!!

It sounds like you both need to be a little more considerate of the other person.... if both of you were discussing major purchases in advance (anything over $100, I believe, would qualify), y'all would have never have ended up in your situation.  

One of the major on-going fights that couples have is about money... and if both of you are of the "hey, that's not fair you spent that money, I feel cheated" mindset, y'all might want to consider setting up some fun money rules.  

My ex and I pooled our money.  We sat down and figured out how much we would have left over after bills and alloted a certain amount each week for each of us that would be fun money.  Fun money is money that each person could spend and the other couldn't question... for us it was $50-100 a week (depending on bills).  It worked out very nicely.  Wanted a big dollar item?  It's as simple as saving up some fun money for a few weeks.    

Good luck... but I don't think you're out of the woods yet.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife just accepts me for what I am, a cronic gun buyer. I don't try to get into too much CC debt and it's usually money well spent. I give half my pay for bills while retaining the other half for child support and my own bills incurred. It's not a perfect setup, but both of us try to make it work.
I do make 3 times the amount of money as she does now,I get bonuses, x-mas money to which we save for vacations.
Also, I repair all vehicles, repair of house and other minor money pits that seem to crop up.
Garry, this should have been settled from the beginning with the purchase of the vehicle, but I suspect your problems may have been from the onset of your marriage. Now, what you got is a mexican standoff. Every purchase by either will bring more fights over money issues and which one tries to gain the upper hand.
Sit down, set the ground rules now, as money comes and goes but women who can stick with men, are hard to find.
I divorced my first wife over infidelity issues on her part to which I can't accept as normal behavior, so this money thing is so minute.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]
My ex-wife did the same types of things to me. Bought a car when she was visting her mom, also bought a house full of furniture that way. Then would go balistic on me for a much less expensive purchase.

That's why she is now my ex-wife.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#13]
You can take your little animated smiley and give yourself a rectal probe with it.  I stand by my original assessment of you.  The only other thing to say is that your wife is just like you.  Stay together.  You deserve each other.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top