Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:10:53 PM EDT
I went to Robinson Arms website to find that they've officially backed Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. WTF! I just about hit the floor! What the heck is Alex thinking of? Twice I have PERSONALLY heard Mr. Romney say that he SUPPORTS the ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN! He wants to ban the very firearms Robinson Arms makes. Here's a link www.iberkshires.com/story.php?story_id=14812 , but don't trust me do a Google search, the guy WANTS TO PERMANENTLY BAN ASSAULT STYLE WEAPONS! I own two Robinson Arms rifles , the XCR and the M96, you won't find a bigger Robinson Arms fan. It would seem someone over at Robinson Arms needs to do their homework.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy New Year!!!  Support Mitt Romney

Happy New Year 2008!!!  Support Mitt Romney!!!

As a manufacturer of firearms, we have received countless calls from our customers who are buying because they’re afraid a Democrat will be in the White House a year from now.   Based on the 1994 “Assault Weapon Ban”, I completely understand their fears.

In speaking with you and listening to the media, it has been a given that a Democrat (and most probably Hillary Clinton) will win this coming November.  I want you all to know that this is not a foregone conclusion.

There are lots of great Republican candidates running for President.  I can say great things about each and every one of them.   Ron Paul and Fred Thompson are definitely conservative.   Mike Huckabee is religious and down to earth.  However, there is one candidate who is everything one could want in a candidate and more.    

Mitt Romney is probably the most qualified candidate to run for President in decades.   He is intelligent, a great organizer, and has the ability to accomplish the impossible.   He has proved this time and time again in business, government, and with the 2002 Olympics.

America faces challenges on every side:  the War Against Freedom (Some call it the “War against Terror”.  This is inaccurate), energy, immigration, and firearm ownership to name a few.  We need a leader who can unite Americans and get the right result.

Not only is Mitt the best Republican candidate, he is the most electable in November.  There are many moderate Democrats who will vote for him because he’s simply the best leader for America.

Mitt Romney is a strong supported of the Second Amendment.  I’ve worked on his campaign and find him to be exactly what he purports to be – a true American with the same values you and I hold dear.   He’s running because he knows he can make a big difference.    I’ve ask him to put his views on the Second Amendment in writing.   They’re attached here.  I haven’t seen a stronger written statement from any of the candidates.

Let’s stop worrying and start supporting the man who can and will make a difference.  The sooner we all support Romney, the easier it will be to get him into the White House and the more secure our nation will be.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.  (Oh, and keep buying our products so I can continue to help campaign.)

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.
Email:  [email protected]

www.robarm.com/XCR_Mitt_Romney.htm

WTF???
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Not who I expected. But, I'm not entirely surprised, either.

In a situation where all the options are shitty, it is a foregone conclusion that shitty choices will be made.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Guess I'm never buying a XCR now, just like I will never buy another Ruger.

Seriously WTF?
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the Mormon thing.  A lot of Mormons back Romney even though he doesn't stand for the church's values.  The 2nd Amendment is a no compromise point for any LDS who pays attention to church doctrine, most don't
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Robinson HQ is in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Interpret that however you please.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
OST for the War on Freedom.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1 I wanted a m96 but never going to buy one now. I have a RA VERP K
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, since the US Army held trials with the XM8 for replacing the M4/M16 platform a couple of years ago -- maybe they're hoping by endorsing Mitt, if he gets elected he would open trials again (or direct the Dept of Def to do so) and somehow the XCR would be chosen.  The .mil market potential is huge.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh jeez whats up with Robinson
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Good for them if they want to support a gun grabber.  I won't be buying any of their products.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That could put it into perspective a bit...
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, shades of old Bill Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]
With "friends" like this.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
So just because Romney is a Mormon, Robinson Arms supports him???

Well, fuck Romney and fuck Robinson Arms.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Alex has lost his mind. I guarantee you as I live and breath, if Romney's elected the Dems will resurrect the Assault Weapons Ban and Romney will sign it. Hey Alex, why didn't you just take one of your XCR's and shoot yourself in the foot!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#17]
This good ole' Mitt Romney?!?!?!

www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/77.pdf

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony
with legislators, sportsmen’s groups and gun safety advocates. “These guns are not made for
recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting
down and killing people.”

Who's the VP, Mitt? Sarah Brady?  Feinstein? Don't keep us waiting, we want to know.
*** January 3rd UPDATE ON THE WHOLE SITUATION ***

Alex is demanding an explanation from Mitt Romney's staff:
www.robarm.com/XCR_Mitt_Romney.htm

You owe it to yourself to read what he has said since this thread was started.  

*** January 4th UPDATE ON THE WHOLE SITUATION ***
On page 36, Alex refers to us as GAYR-15.com

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=327554&page=2&pp=30

edit 2: He has now become crazier than a drunk Briney Spears.

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]
It's really hard to imagine a gun manufacture supporting a candidate that wants to ban his product for sale to the general public... I guess he has to be hoping for a military contract?
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Who has the Zumbo machine?
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It's really hard to imagine a gun manufacture supporting a candidate that wants to ban his product for sale to the general public... I guess he has to be hoping for a military contract?

In two more weeks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#21]
We need to get a Zumbo type movement going and clog their email and phone lines.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I find it interesting that a company which makes a product endorses a man who wants to ban said product.

Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Guess I'm never buying a XCR now, just like I will never buy another Ruger.

Seriously WTF?

+1

I was deciding between one of those and a TDP-AXR for the next purchase... that made up my mind.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Well this really bites... I was looking forward to purchasing a conversion for my XCR but how can I support a company who is supporting taking away said rifle (more or less)????
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#25]
PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT WILL GET THIS THREAD LOCKED!!!

It is extremely important that everyone gets to see this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I find it interesting that a company which makes a product endorses a man who wants to ban said product.

Very interesting.

Yep
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck em

I won't be carrying any of their products.  They just lot a potential distributor!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Really wanted to buy an XCR before the Masada came out.  I really did.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Guess they missed this-

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”  Governor Mitt Romney

And how exactly do you think your XCR will be categorized?

And if thats not enough, heres a few more.

"Mitt Romney supports the strict enforcement of gun laws. He is a supporter of the federal assault weapons ban. Mitt also believes in the rights of those who hunt to responsibly own and use firearms." - www.romneyhealey.com/issues/

and once again in 2004-

07-01-2004, Romney signs off on permenent assault weapons ban

Ill be scratching you off my list of companies to support!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Alex has lost his mind. I guarantee you as I live and breath, if Romney's elected the Dems will resurrect the Assault Weapons Ban and Romney will sign it. Hey Alex, why didn't you just take one of your XCR's and shoot yourself in the foot!

One of the major reasons why an assault weapons ban has not gotten far in congress is because the Dem leadership does not want the issue raised before the election. GW has already indicated a willingness to sign the ban, so there is no other reason to hold back. Assuming Mitt Romney is in the white house and a Dem. controlled house and senate, the Dems will pass the AW ban, and Mitt will sign it.

Hmmm... I wonder if it will be called the Romney-Pellosi Ban of the Pellosi-Romney Ban?
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Who are manufacturers suppose to support....that can win?
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Well gee I don't know...ANYONE THAT HASN'T GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO BAN GUNS MIGHT BE A GOOD START!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well gee I don't know...ANYONE THAT HASN'T GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO BAN GUNS MIGHT BE A GOOD START!

+1  
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Ron Paul can beat Hitlary or Osama.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not who I expected. But, I'm not entirely surprised, either.

In a situation where all the options are shitty, it is a foregone conclusion that shitty choices will be made.

+1.  It looks as if he's going with the Devil he knows best.  Probably a bit of Mormon "home team" cheerleading, too.

You guys are going to be VERY disappointed if you expect gun manufacturers to be ideologically pure.  They're going to vote the choice that guarantees them the most money.  If it turns out Hillary Clinton is their best option, they'll endorse her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#38]
things that make you go WTF?!?!?!?!

Wont Alex be surprised when his XCR R banned under his buds preziduncy
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

As a business, I would support no one before I supported someone who will shut me down!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

+2

this is like when S&W sided with the Clintons & HUD.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Brilliant strategy they've got there...

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

FDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#43]
They make a shitty product and suck at delivering it anywhere near on time. Screw 'em.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
They make a shitty product and suck at delivering it anywhere near on time. Screw 'em.

Both of those are forgivable; this, however, is not.  

Boycott.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck Mitt Romney, fuck Robinson Arms, and fuck any gun owner dumb enough to believe that Mitt is on their side because of this stupid endorsement.

Good thing Sarah Brady isn't Mormon, Robinson would have to put a fucking ad on their website.

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I was struggling with the issue of which rifle to sell to fund my SCAR or Masada purchase. This news just helped me pick...
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I've supported Dr.Paul from day one. With my wallet too!
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I've supported Dr.Paul from day one. With my wallet too!

+2 but lets not get off topic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You know what? I'll give Robarms the credit....that's a very ballsy move to give your companies official public endorsement to a candidate.

But since it does nothing to affect my own voting preferences in any way.....if it were my company I personally wouldn't do it but hey at least it does let you know where the owners stand on the type of traits they look for in a candidate. So hat's off to that.

With that being said, I now know where my next firearm will NOT be coming from.

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Why would anyone vote for someone just because Robinson arms says so?

Sorry, gun companies endorsements do not carry any weight on my voting decision.  Especially with candidates with RKBA records like Romney.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top