Posted: 10/30/2001 9:39:50 AM EDT
Hope this doesn't become a trend.

[url]http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sacto/2001-10-25/cover.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
"Giff me your papers!...Ahh, it seems that your papers are not in order."
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
"The Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 sighed as its wheels kissed the Los Angeles International Airport tarmac." [rolleyes]

Please, this is only the opening sentence of the story and already I want to give this reporter an old-school beatdown.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
“I’m a journalist!” I yelled.
View Quote

Yeah, it sucks being treated like one of the peasants, doesn't it?   [B)]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a disgrace.
-bill
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the reason why I will NEVER fly on a plane again. All this classified and national security crap is pure BS. If and when the airlines and the government wise up, then I might fly again. But not until then. If they go bankrupt, that is their own fault, and other businesses will take their place.

And this line from the one cop is hiliarious:

“I don’t know what you’re doing, but you’re going to stop doing it!”
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure Swastika Locklear will want to personally oversee the investigation of this citizen's rights being trampled.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Disturbing.  Brace yourselves, it's only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone, and I'm now saying whom, really needs to get the smackdown.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Couple of thoughts. I'm no expert but here goes.

As a photographer I wouldn't consent to delete ANY images that I had taken legally.

The "reporter" should have cleared his "snoopin and poopin" ahead of time with someone in the know at that location. Yeah I know, then things may not be as candid when they know he's going to be there. But, with the current climate some common sense could have been utilized.

This is what can happen when putting military into a quasi-law enforcement role. It's not really the NG's fault that they are there but more restraint could have been shown. I can hear it now (its not their fault so that excuses them), but thats not what I mean. If they get thrust further into a domestic role we have to be that much more vigilant about our freedoms.

Don't know what's up with that Officer pointing the finger. I get pissed when someone starts acting big but can't explain their actions. It's all someone elses fault and they got the badge to back them up. That's just plain arrogance.
I am pro-LEO but we have a couple like that around here. Even have a few in EMS that I've seen over the years.

Sounds like these folks are getting scared for no reason.

Green_Furniture, thought the exact thing about a good old-fashioned smackdown with the NG and the finger pointer... [:D]

I also didn't like the accusations made by so-called passengers on his plane. I thought barbara streisand right away. It was made up. Never did like to hear about confidential sources. Didn't BBQ Reno use that to her advantage a few times?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top