Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 12/30/2007 7:57:46 PM EDT
UPDATE: It seems that the people that cry and scream "save the....." have won on youtube. The link below has been locked and you will need to register some how which does not work as far as I know.

So as far as I know the whiney bitch gets the grease.

I will not share these vidieos with the pupblic of AFcom anymore because obviously there are so many pissant liberals here that youtube chose to lock down the link.

So I say to all you cry baby whiny sobs, thanks for taking away my freedom of watching this fine huning video. It's one less enjoyable thing that I have in this world.

I just saw an amazing shot on Jim Shockey's show. I tried to find that vid of the elephant charge but I couldn't. But I did find this sweet vid.

I love the shots of the charging beasts being put down with one shot.

Good music too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJw4Goegxwc
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
So, what exactly do you do with a hippo once you shoot it?

-Local

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

-Local

You eat it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

-Local

I think that situation would call for a well placed RPG.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

-Local

Eat it? Smoke it? Cook it up in a Pie?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Hippos kill more people in Africa than crocs in the water don't they?

The anti-gun and anti-hunting comments on youtube are hilarious. People that have no fling-flanging clue what they are talking about really get under my skin.

Luckily there is none of that here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't that the megadouche who shoots the animals with .22's to make them charge, and seem dramatic for videos? Maybe I'm thinking of a different guy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got done watching the entire film. These aren't .223 rounds kids.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not a PETA type, but WTF is the idea of shooting a cheetah with that rifle?

Blew the fucking thing in half.

I guess it just isn't my thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No such thing as too dead.

ETA: In some African countries you are restricted in what calibers you may use. Many also have restrictions on how many weapons you may bring with you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of you need to turn in your mancards!

Good grief!

How many PETA members do we have here?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Because you don't want to be holding a rifle made for killing Cheetahs if a Cape Buffalo comes charging out of those bushes after you shoot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: In some African countries you are restricted in what calibers you may use. Many also have restrictions on how many weapons you may bring with you.

Some outfitters have a minimum required caliber. For a lot of them .375 H&H is the MINIMUM.

A double rifle would be amazing. Something in .30-06 for .45-70 would be sweet. Spartan gun works has some, but I'd rather not have junk.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be honest, I have no problem with hunting, but would gladly club that guy for shooting lions.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a matter of time for that guy
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He fucked the pelt up, the meat up, and the thing is no longer able to be stuffed.

He blew the fucker in half, just to blow the thing in half.

Like I said, not my thing, but he has the money to do so, be my guest.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'll be honest, I have no problem with hunting, but would gladly club that guy for shooting lions.

You do realize that in Africa lions still eat people on a regular-enough-to-worry-about basis.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't agree with trophy hunting, but if that's your thing I agree that you should be able to do it. I think you've got some mental issues, but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#18]
man, hunting water buff's, hippos, and lions full time takes some balls...
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So its ok to shoot some animals but not others? Is it ok to shoot black bears here? Where is this list of animals that can be shot?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Not suprising, considering that you have Panther in your name and a tiger as your avatar. I think you have a thing for big cats.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not suprising, considering that you have Panther in your name and a tiger as your avatar. I think you have a thing for big cats.

Actually I have a thing for DPMS AR's and Calvin and Hobbes, but hey, whatever you say man.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize that in Africa lions still eat people on a regular-enough-to-worry-about basis.

I would actually pay to see that.

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#23]
aww not this shit again.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I have a thing for DPMS AR's and Calvin and Hobbes, but hey, whatever you say man.

Or, maybe you're a Furry?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I would love to hear the logic behind the gem.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think asking for logic is going a bit far...
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Some of you need to turn in your mancards!

Good grief!

How many PETA members do we have here?

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So its ok to shoot some animals but not others? Is it ok to shoot black bears here? Where is this list of animals that can be shot?

It should be OK to shoot certain people but my list is only limited to big cats, elephants, rhinos, and eagles.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in for $10 for the air fare. Anybody else wanna see MR.RR77 go to Africa and "club that guy"?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free of charge
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It should be OK to shoot certain people but my list is only limited to big cats, elephants, rhinos, and eagles.  

Moutain lion tastes like chicken.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in for $10 for the air fare. Anybody else wanna see MR.RR77 go to Africa and "club that guy"?

I could donate enough airmiles to get him there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or, maybe you're a Furry?

Ummmm, no

Thems fighting words.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will supply the club!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will supply the club!!!!

I will ride along and videotape the event.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Then the soft cuddly lion would eat you..lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Couple of the guys had some nuts. AWESOME!
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Too tell you the truth...I really didn't enjoy watching that video.  I guess I've never understand shooting animals....just to shoot them. If you are not going to eat it, why kill it?

Why do you need to blow a cheetah in half with that cannon they shot it with?  Do you really need to go out and shoot lions and tigers?  A hippo?  Sure...if you are trying to protect yourself from it. What the hell are you going to do with a 2000lb hippo?

I really wasn't that impressed.

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Too tell you the truth...I really didn't enjoy watching that video.  I guess I've never understand shooting animals....just to shoot them. If you are not going to eat it, why kill it?

Why do you need to blow a cheetah in half with that cannon they shot it with?  Do you really need to go out and shoot lions and tigers?  A hippo?  Sure...if you are trying to protect yourself from it. What the hell are you going to do with a 2000lb hippo?

I really wasn't that impressed.

+1
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Are they really eating that much meat?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I understand everything in the video, except for the hippo's. Shooting a charging hippo? Hell yeah, count me in. I'd want one of those Presidential Escalade's with a GE on top, but I'm all for it. Shooting it for food? More power to ya. People's gotta eat.

But in all seriousness, what exactly makes a trophy hippo? They can't see the tusks until after they shoot 'em, right? Is it just a matter of sheer size? If so, allright, I can deal with that, I wouldn't mind having a eleventy billion pound hippo above my bar. I'm just honestly curious about this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Couple of the guys had some nuts. AWESOME!

Good too see that someone can see the vid for what it's worth. Awsome indeed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The guy's name is Mark Sullivan and he guides hunters on African Dangerous Game Charge Hunts. He uses a 600 Nitro Express doub;e rifle that probably costs more than my house and gets paid big bucks to provide his clients with a near death experience! He has several videos and a website,so he must be successful at what he does!

www.nitroexpresssafaris.com/

- Clint
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy's name is Mark Sullivan and he guides hunters on African Dangerous Game Charge Hunts. He uses a 600 Nitro Express doub;e rifle that probably costs more than my house and gets paid big bucks to provide his clients with a near death experience! He has several videos and a website,so he must be successful at what he does!

- Clint

so.. yes? or no?
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Clint

so.. yes? or no?

It puts meat on his table so yes and no.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free of charge

Somebody needs to invest in a tripod.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Clint

so.. yes? or no?

Typically African hunting guides give the meat to the local population. I'm sure He takes all he wants and provides the client with all he wants as well..... but you and I both know he isn't hunting for the meat!

- Clint
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#48]
If it were not for the money from hunters, there would not be any cash for wildlife conservation in Africa. The locals would kill off all of critters if they didn't have monetary value.

The guy who blasted the hippo, lion, and cheetah paid big fees and taxes to hunt there and dumped a lot of money into the local economy.

He's part of the reason you still have those critters in Africa.
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#49]
When this guy messes up some day (and he will eventually), maybe he can hang out with another that tested faith too many times...

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow...I am thoroughly unimpressed

Who the hell eats Cheetah meat?

Vids like this give hunters a bad name---it's way over the top.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top