BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.forsythe4kc.com/uploaded_images/respect_my_authority-761730.jpg

The law only works like it's written when you have lots of money, a good a lawyer, and lots of time.

If you are a working stiff, there is a lot of "leeway" for a cop to push.  One time I was pulled over for making a sharp right turn late at night... It was late, the cop was TAILGATING like a motherfucker, and I didn't see his light bars, so I was getting freaked out.  I turned right onto a empty street at 11 PM at 30 MPH (I drive a WRX and I autocross.  Wasn't a special or emergency move) and the cop pulls me over and yells/screams at me for 20 minutes.

Finally, he asked me a sucker question along the lines of "WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO? SON?"

To which i looked him straight in the eye and said "you should give me a ticket and let me along my way"

Instead no, he bitches me out for another 5 minutes (there could have been kids playing on this desolate street at 11 pm!) before letting me go.  South Puget Sound cops... they are so cranky because they are always dealing with meth heads.  They get featured on cops and YouTube (tear gassing hippies) all the time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.forsythe4kc.com/uploaded_images/respect_my_authority-761730.jpg

The law only works like it's written when you have lots of money, a good a lawyer, and lots of time.

If you are a working stiff, there is a lot of "leeway" for a cop to push.  One time I was pulled over for making a sharp right turn late at night... It was late, the cop was TAILGATING like a motherfucker, and I didn't see his light bars, so I was getting freaked out.  I turned right onto a empty street at 11 PM at 30 MPH (I drive a WRX and I autocross.  Wasn't a special or emergency move) and the cop pulls me over and yells/screams at me for 20 minutes.

Finally, he asked me a sucker question along the lines of "WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO? SON?"

To which i looked him straight in the eye and said "you should give me a ticket and let me along my way"

Instead no, he bitches me out for another 5 minutes (there could have been kids playing on this desolate street at 11 pm!) before letting me go.  South Puget Sound cops... they are so cranky because they are always dealing with meth heads.  They get featured on cops and YouTube (tear gassing hippies) all the time.

This is roughly the situation i faced once, and in answer to his question: "step the fuck back and stop yelling at me." then i rolled up my window and jumped on my phone. his face was priceless.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is never "right" to commit  "Disorderly Conduct, Abusive Language".

It would be my contention, quite possibly wrong, that any Officer, as an agent of the .gov, could be liable for any breach of a citizens First Amendment protections.

...and you would be wrong. Anyone who uses that kind of language at that volume is certainly guilty of DOC. Moreover, when you jump up in a cops face and start screaming anything at him then you are certainly displaying aggressive behavior. I have no obligation to let you take a swing before I defend myself...I just need a reasonable belief that you are about to assault me. It all depends on how the report is written, and I write it.

You might keep in mind that an awful lot rides on that written report, and you don't have a lot of input into its content. While it is being typed you are in a holding cell at best, and the ER at worst! If you want to screw with the bull, don't be surprised when you get the horns!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be my contention, quite possibly wrong, that any Officer, as an agent of the .gov, could be liable for any breach of a citizens First Amendment protections.

...and you would be wrong. Anyone who uses that kind of language at that volume is certainly guilty of DOC. Moreover, when you jump up in a cops face and start screaming anything at him then you are certainly displaying aggressive behavior. I have no obligation to let you take a swing before I defend myself...I just need a reasonable belief that you are about to assault me. It all depends on how the report is written, and I write it.

You might keep in mind that an awful lot rides on that written report, and you don't have a lot of input into its content. While it is being typed you are in a holding cell at best, and the ER at worst! If you want to screw with the bull, don't be surprised when you get the
horns!

I have often wondered why people do not trust the police.

It only takes one bad apple who brags about how he has control over how the incident is remembered by the police report, and how much weight it holds, to make it a tough job for the rest of the cops to get a fair shake from the public.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You might keep in mind that an awful lot rides on that written report, and you don't have a lot of input into its content. While it is being typed you are in a holding cell at best, and the ER at worst! If you want to screw with the bull, don't be surprised when you get the horns!

Hence the camera on my helmet and bike and my hidden voice recorder.
You'll be typing up your own resignation letter once we get to court.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are so fucking tough!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:

No tickets and I never said anything other then yes sir and no sir to him and answered his questions.   I'm guessing he was just having a bad day, but I see why no one that comes into the cycle shop I work at has any respect for the police.  First experience with an officer in Florida and it wasn't that great.  I hope others are more personable.  I have a lot of respect for police officers so don't anyone think this is a LE bash!  This is a SINGLE officer.

Thank you for not judging all LEO's by the actions of one.  If you ever come to Kansas shoot me an IM and I'll buy your lunch.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
This is for Old_Painless.   Enjoy.  

"FUCK YOU, COP!"
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've stood toe-to-toe with cops and screamed "Fuck You!!!" right in their face, several times.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might keep in mind that an awful lot rides on that written report, and you don't have a lot of input into its content. While it is being typed you are in a holding cell at best, and the ER at worst! If you want to screw with the bull, don't be surprised when you get the
horns!

I have often wondered why people do not trust the police.

It only takes one bad apple who brags about how he has control over how the incident is remembered by the police report, and how much weight it holds, to make it a tough job for the rest of the cops to get a fair shake from the public.

bdub is right on the money with this one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Its an " US vs THEM" world.
Conduct yourself accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It all depends on how the report is written, and I write it.

You are an embarrassment to all of the professional officers on this board.  Now please shut the hell up.  

Nothing more to add that wouldn't get me in trouble other than I recommend you take another report writing class and an ethics class.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are truely bad-ass and I will be steering clear of Texas simply to avoid crossing paths with you...

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]
this thread has moved along quite well  

to the OP, I see you were riding a 250 ninja

that explains why people are bumping you
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've stood toe-to-toe with cops and screamed "Fuck You!!!" right in their face, several times.

Quoted:

You might keep in mind that an awful lot rides on that written report, and you don't have a lot of input into its content. While it is being typed you are in a holding cell at best, and the ER at worst! If you want to screw with the bull, don't be surprised when you get the horns

"Self satisfaction is the opiate of fools."
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All you tough-talking Texans with your millions of illegal aliens.

Yeah, nobody messes with the law that is a middle class gringo. You'll kick their asses for sure!

Texas = Owned.

How do you said that in Spanish?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If I'm sitting still at a red light and some one tapped the back of my bike
with there car to get me to move, they better call 911 before I get off the
bike.

Unless you been drinking then gun the bike and get the hell out of there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad cop, no donut.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'm not particularly tough, nor am I a "bad apple" ...although it is pretty funny when some fool thinks he can get away with abusing a cop, then gets really freaked when it goes badly for him!

Oh, and you can videotape/record all you want. That means I'll have the evidence documented on your video as well as in my written report.

I'm trying to let you know: Cops do this for a living! We know the ins and outs. If you're going to look for ways to make my life more difficult, I'll do the same for you...However keep in mind you are not exactly the first guy that decided he was too tough to obey the law. Remember that I know the law and I very seriously doubt that you do! (that doubt is reinforced when you start bragging about how you scream curses in the face of an LEO while he's trying to do his job)

If you don't agree with something I do, complain to my boss (believe me I have plenty of those!), fight the charge in court or even sue if someone will take your case. But if you try to settle it on the street corner you'll lose every time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
  I questioned him again and that's when I got one hell of a line.  He then told me I don't have the right to question his authority and I could talk to a judge if I wanted to "verbally assault" him again.  

I've stood toe-to-toe with cops and screamed "Fuck You!!!" right in their face, several times. "verbal assault"!!

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
  I questioned him again and that's when I got one hell of a line.  He then told me I don't have the right to question his authority and I could talk to a judge if I wanted to "verbally assault" him again.  

I've stood toe-to-toe with cops and screamed "Fuck You!!!" right in their face, several times. "verbal assault"!!

Just pay attention to some of his other posts.  Classic internet tough guy.  I have lost track of the number to times he has talked smack about shooting someone or what he would do "if".

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just pay attention to some of his other posts.  Classic internet tough guy.  I have lost track of the number to times he has talked smack about shooting someone or what he would do "if".

He sure sounds tough...
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'm not particularly tough, nor am I a "bad apple" ...although it is pretty funny when some fool thinks he can get away with abusing a cop, then gets really freaked when it goes badly for him!

Oh, and you can videotape/record all you want. That means I'll have the evidence documented on your video as well as in my written report.

I'm trying to let you know: Cops do this for a living! We know the ins and outs. If you're going to look for ways to make my life more difficult, I'll do the same for you...However keep in mind you are not exactly the first guy that decided he was too tough to obey the law. Remember that I know the law and I very seriously doubt that you do! (that doubt is reinforced when you start bragging about how you scream curses in the face of an LEO while he's trying to do his job)

If you don't agree with something I do, complain to my boss (believe me I have plenty of those!), fight the charge in court or even sue if someone will take your case. But if you try to settle it on the street corner you'll lose every time.

Jeez, time out already...
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]
pretty sure purposely bumping someone on a bike is at the least some sort of assault could be ADW
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Remember that I know the law and I very seriously doubt that you do! (that doubt is reinforced when you start bragging about how you scream curses in the face of an LEO while he's trying to do his job)

Oh please.

Cops don't know every law on the books. Especially gun laws. That's been my experience.

I am not going to argue with you on a street corner. I will note your name and, if I can, do what it takes to make your life interesting. That's if what you did was really outrageous.

Personally, the LEO's I have dealt with were professional and I have never had to file a complaint, yada, yada...hell, most of the time I get a break.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
There was no damage and he only lightly tapped my tire.  I waited until it appeared to be safe to go before I went.  I'm sure if I wanted to be an ahole I could have fell on the ground holding my neck

I'm pretty sure I'd engage in behavior that would result in a bad ending if some asshole did that.  At the very least, I'd make a huge deal out of the fact that said asshole just caused an accident.  Any fuckhead who is so close to a motorcycle that they "tap" the back tire deserves as much paperwork and insurance hassle as I could muster for that cocksucking prick.  I'd make a fucking hobby out of causing problems for that shitbag.  He'd be my little project for a while.

Holy fuck, I can't even imagine how motherfucking pissed off I'd be if some shitbag cocksucker did that.  Damn what a fucking shitstain.  

Holy fucking hell.  I don't own a motorcycle, I don't even have a motorcycle endorsement, and I'm sitting here pissed as fuck.  What the hell?!?!  In my mind this is equivalent to putting a gun in someone's face.  If the motherfucker will commit battery upon someone with a piece of equipment that weighs several thousand pounds, they obviously cannot be trusted with it.  They belong on the receiving end of a felony conviction.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember that I know the law and I very seriously doubt that you do! (that doubt is reinforced when you start bragging about how you scream curses in the face of an LEO while he's trying to do his job)

Oh please.

Cops don't know every law on the books
. Especially gun laws. That's been my experience.

I am not going to argue with you on a street corner. I will note your name and, if I can, do what it takes to make your life interesting. That's if what you did was really outrageous.

Personally, the LEO's I have dealt with were professional and I have never had to file a complaint, yada, yada...hell, most of the time I get a break.

That's not what I posted....cops do not know every law on the books...most lawyers don't know every law on the books and you certainly don't. We DO know the criminal statutes that apply when someone decides they are going to give us a hard time. Anyone that wants to scream curses in a cops face very certainly does not.

You say you won't argue on the street, Did you ever consider that is why most of the time you "get a break?" Well, I imagine you did, but some people seem to think that screaming curses at a LEO will earn them that break....what it really does is earn them a deeper hole that the one they already are in!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come try that in Texas.

its legal in Texas. You can curse at me all you want, that's what I get payed for. Now if you curse at me within the earshot of other non LE personnel, then you would have to worry about a ticket or arrest.

I don't remember exactly how it was taught in the academy, something about how the constitution of the state of Texas or the state legislature ruled that police officers are not held to different expectations than citizens.

Disorderly conduct for abusive and profane language states that the language by its very utterance has to incite an immediate breach of the peace, or something like that. I just pulled that from memory so don't quote it word for word.
anyhow basically officers should expect to get cursed at on a daily basis as part of the job so we cant say that we are offended when a suspect curses at us. now if a suspect curses at a grandma or nun, or curses at me and a grandma or nun overhears his speech and is offended... then I get to jack up the suspect for disorderly conduct. (which still isn't that big of an offense)
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#31]
If someone were to tap the back of my vehicle I'd be having a little talk with them. I get pissed off enough when people ride my ass.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh please.

Cops don't know every law on the books
. Especially gun laws. That's been my experience.

That's not what I posted....cops do not know every law on the books...most lawyers don't know every law on the books and you certainly don't. We DO know the criminal statutes that apply when someone decides they are going to give us a hard time. Anyone that wants to scream curses in a cops face very certainly does not.

You say you won't argue on the street, Did you ever consider that is why most of the time you "get a break?" Well, I imagine you did, but some people seem to think that screaming curses at a LEO will earn them that break....what it really does is earn them a deeper hole that the one they already are in!

Agreed
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Settle down lads....and remember....revenge is a hot load of splooge pumped into the mouth of the cops wife while he is at work....and dont forget to slap her hiny and tell her "nice ass, girl" after she cooks you some post-luvin food....but GTFO before his shift ends is all i'm sayin'.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#34]
locked - LE bashing - slipshot, check your IM
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top