Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 10:45:35 AM EDT
My cable is down at home so I wasn't online last night.

But what the heck happened?  No, I'm not interested in getting into the whole moderator thread locking debate.

I just want to know what happened to cause so many problems.  I read someone say the cyber terrorist did a good job of disrupting things and want to know what it was that he/she did.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not just last night, but also in the afternoon.  Two Usernames (for all I know it may have been the same person) bombarded the GD forum with discusting picture postings for about 20 or so minutes.  Pesonally my timing was bad so I came in at the tail end of both events, so I didn't actually see any of the postings, but from what I gatherd they were pictures of people coverd in fecal matter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I was here the whole time. It was down right nasty. Someone waged a war on the board so now we are going to have to live under some new and tighter rules.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone used our technology against us.  You know what I only glimpsed the pics for a second, I thought I had forgotten them but last night laying in bed while trying to get to sleep they resurfaced... aaahhhh!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It would appear that Frank the Spank came on under another alias and went wild posting pictures of feces eating and other fecal fetishes.
Sick stuff,be glad you didn't see it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Why would FrankTheSpank do that?  Was there a reason, or was he just being a turdhead?

God Bless Texas
I'm just doing it for the kids...
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=63818&page=1[/url]

This is according to GoatBoy that it was frank the Spank and if you click on the link he is now just back posting it again as "Jesus Christ"

The link above has GoatBoy confirming FtS identity.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Be careful blaming Frank the Spank unless you have proof. The idiot who posted that crap was in Virginia, and AFAIK, Frank the Spank lives in California.
View Quote

How difficult would it be to make a long distance call from California to an ISP in Virginia? I have GTE/Verizon Internet service and they have dial up access just about everywhere in the country that I can simply call up and log on through. A trace would only indicate where the dial up server is located, not where the computer I am physically posting from is located.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]
Quoted:
Be careful blaming Frank the Spank unless you have proof. The idiot who posted that crap was in Virginia, and AFAIK, Frank the Spank lives in California.
View Quote
[/b]

There are services that allow you to surf the net annonymously thus showing that you could be in one part of the country while actually being in another.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]
One guy went crazy with some assault photos, and so now only photos with fewer than two "evil features" are allowed.  "Evil features" include tits, nice rear ends, sultry facial expressions, and bayonet lugs.

In addition, high-capacity posts holding more than 10 images are restricted to law enforcement only. . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top