Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 9:31:59 AM EDT
I'm in the process of creating an editorial in response to some nit wit who's been bashing the U.S.

What I need is information, links and anything else factual about the United States history of positive contributions around the world. Anything from our help saving the world in WWI&II....to the distribution of medical aid, food aid, financial aid to nations in distress.

The list of our countries contributions to the global community is huge, I'm just having trouble nailing down a good, consolidated source for this information.

Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.[marines]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? There must be someone on this site with some info on this....or at least where to look.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got nothing, absolutely nothing, to back it up, but the statistic I heard was that the USA was the single largest direct humanitarian aid donor to Afghanistan this year, to the tune of $125,000,000.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I wont be bringing this post back to the top of the list anymore, but to be honest, I'm pretty surprised at the lack of input. I would have though given the nature of the membership here I'd get a few responses at least.

By the way, thanks Jarhead.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out [url]www.usaid.gov[/url]

"The United States is contributing an additional $320 million in humanitarian assistance for the people of Afghanistan. The total includes $25 million authorized on September 28 by President Bush from the Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund to assist a potentially large number of refugees who could cross from Afghanistan into the surrounding countries of Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan."
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait a little longer than 1.5 hours, and you may get input.  First, someone has to read your post, and know what you're looking for.  Most of us get that.  Then one of us that's read it has to know where to find what you're looking for.   The person who knows where to find what you're looking for might not have read your post yet.  

Patience
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait a little longer than 1.5 hours, and you may get input.  First, someone has to read your post, and know what you're looking for.  Most of us get that.  Then one of us that's read it has to know where to find what you're looking for.   The person who knows where to find what you're looking for might not have read your post yet.  

Patience
View Quote

Thanks for the pointers. The reason I was asking was because I need the information quickly. Not my choice, just the demand that's on me. I was hoping I could get a few quick links to good pages on the subject. As you can see, that hasn't happened. Oh well, so much for this thread, I thought this would be the group to ask. Apparently not.
Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Jarhead....

Thanks for the link It has a lot of useful stuff on it.[beer]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out IMF and Worldbank and don't forget the United Nations.  Hell, I don't think there's a country out there that we have not paid off/supported their whole friggin economy @ some point!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top