Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 9:08:35 PM EDT
In a "parting shot" Clinton Apointee Ann Brown is calling for the recall of all Daisy (By brand) BB guns, and no more further sales to US Citizens.
This is no joke.

Fucking BB Guns,

Well, let these fucking clowns know..

Chairman Ann Brown
Phone: (301) 504-0213
E-mail: [email protected]

Commissioner Mary Sheila Gall
Phone: (301) 504-0530

Commissioner Thomas Moore
Phone: (301) 504-0290
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They'll only get my son's Red Ryder by prying his cold dead hands.

(I swear that kid does nothing but shoot in his spare time...little bugger keeps pestering me to get him an M1A for Christmas...)
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to
everything CPSC has on Daisy.
Its about five million gazillion pages of pdf.
beginning with a death certificate.

[url]http://www.cpsc.gov:8765/query.html?col=pubweb&qt=Daisy+[/url]

I have not read all of it (part one is 66 pages
by itself)

Of course this is politics
disguised as genuine concern as usual.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
you will shoot your eye out![B)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my Early 40's Plymouth, MI manufacture ORIGINAL Red Ryder (As in, NOT the Wal-Mart copy).

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/004/wy/6L/Ba/dn66611.jpg[/img]

Little fuckin rifle is an American classic.
The fact that "A Christmas Story" is such an immensley popular movie doesn't do anything to hurt it's value.
Matter of fact, you could pick 'em up for $30 before that movie came out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh good grief Charlie Brown! Just when I think they can't get any dumber they come along and proove me wrong. [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#6]
BB guns are definitely too dangerous, I've been shot with one and it nearly left a bruise!!!

Oh the horror...
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:35:09 AM EDT
[#7]
this is what i sent
=========================

Chairman Ann Brown
Phone: (301) 504-0213

Dear Ms. Brown,

I am writing to protest your plan to recall and discontiue the sale of Daisy BB guns. I do not see why you would do this.

I understand that you are of the opinion that these guns are dangerous. I would agree in the sense that they could be misused but i also feel that through proper training and the emplacement of the proper values, this would not be a problem.

Daisy BB guns have been a source of enjoyment for generations. They foster responsibility, disipline, and markmanship. These are values i consider important. No one has ever said "I'm glad I don't know how to shoot." Responsiblity and disipline are important values to instill in any child.

I think you should reconsider your position on this subject. I thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
Ian Keirsted

==========================
i don't know if that's any good. it's the first letter of that type that i have written.

tell what you think.

doing my part......

OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, let's make sure we all vote when it comes time.  It is really scary the number of dipshits attempting to run our country.

These dipshits want to ban BB guns. Give me a f'ing break.  These are some ignorant mother fo's
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
She'll ge the BB's first!! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#10]
These politicians waste so much time.  BB guns?  PLEASE!!!  Why can't they do something useful for once?[:(!]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Dear Ms. Brown,

I understand that the Consumer Product Safety Commission
is looking to have BB guns recalled.

Why? Are there serious hidden defects?

I look to the CPSC to protect me from companies that
would attempt to sell defectively usafe products.  What
you do not need to do is inject your agency into an
issue that has nothing to do with a defective product.

I understand that pools kill many children each year.  Why
not ban them?  How about ladders?  People fall off them all
the time.

I am one "consumer" who sees no need to be protected from
this "product".  I'm sure that there are others.

Sincerely,
Jim Mooney
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#12]
These asses obviously never had bb gun wars when they were kids.  Running around the woods with 3 layers of clothes on, a insulated mask, and safety glasses, those were the days.  It was our war game before there was paintball.  

By the way, this is my dad's opinion.  Paintball first came out right around my birth (early 80's).  I never had bb gun wars, unless you consider me versus the birds a war.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:03:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Cypher, you're dad is right on the money about bb gun wars. If you think a paintball stings... you ain't been shot with a bb!!!
Goggles were highly recommended. Other than that, it was a free for all. Got hit in the tooth once- JUDAS, talk about pain.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Now, come on. BB Guns are dangerous. I, for one, will be jumping on this bandwagon. We need to rid our society of all evil instruments of pain and destruction. When my campaign to rid the WORLD of airguns is complete and I have come up victorious, I am going to launch a campaign to get rid of every single rock, stick, dirt clod, GI Joe, picnic utensil, pencil, paperweight and anything else that can be used as a weapon. Furthermore, I think we should all stand around and sing a few songs for the parents that can't seem to parent their children.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Somebody should have the CPSC do a study on the "effects of bureaucratic stupidity on indvidual freedoms."

Anyone notice these Ex Clintoon appointees tactic of "Scorched Earth" politics? Cause as much damage as possible before they leave?

Meplat
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
A while back,
Congress released a ton of money
to study advertising.

The study was to look for any
company that marketed guns to children.

Rather than admit to coming up
empty handed,
they probably decided to
nail Daisy.

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
guns to f*cking kids!!!!!????

i can't beleive it.

smokes to kids.... yeah sure, been happening fo a while....

but guns?? if i want a gun there's three in my house right now. all the need is ammo and a little cleaning.

it's funny, you guys get pissed, in canada we just laugh when the gov. wastes our money.

it is actually funny.

write her letters, post what you wrote, like me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#18]
guns to f*cking kids!!!!!????

i can't beleive it.

smokes to kids.... yeah sure, been happening fo a while....

but guns?? if i want a gun there's three in my house right now. all the need is ammo and a little cleaning.

it's funny, you guys get pissed, in canada we just laugh when the gov. wastes our money.

it is actually funny.

write her letters, post what you wrote, like me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top