Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2001 2:21:08 PM EDT
I have noticed that we have a few members from outside of US.  What are the gun laws like, and general attitudes toward firearms in your countries?  We are already very aware of situations in Canada and Australia (I think), but how's about Italy, Austria and Germany?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
As you can see on the news header...

Canada is now REFUNDING the money from those who have registered!!  All $18 bucks of it..

This after spending 600 million on the program to date ( that is akin to the USA spending 6 billion!!)

Needless to say their silly attempt is FALLING to pieces!!

HA HA  HA
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As you can see on the news header...

Canada is now REFUNDING the money from those who have registered!!  All $18 bucks of it..

This after spending 600 million on the program to date ( that is akin to the USA spending 6 billion!!)

Needless to say their silly attempt is FALLING to pieces!!

HA HA  HA
View Quote

$600 mil Canadian is more like 20 bucks US.... [:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Call them!  1800 731 4000. It's hilarious.  No one answers.  Press all the prompts you want, there's no one home.  I must have tried a dozen times today.  The recording identifies their 'peak hours' as 10 AM to 7PM.

I usually contact my Member of Parliament when something federal is broken.  Suggest you all do the same. [flame]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
100' x 60' warehouse full of nothing but paperwork?  LOL!  What if, just hypothetically, that building were to mysteriously go up in flames?  Do you think all the patriotic Canuck gun owners would agree to re-submit their paperwork?

The refund thing is just cruel--trying to make heavy handed government appear kinder and gentler.

Here's a quote for 'ya:

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence.  It is force.  Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
                 -- George Washington

Oh, and other countries' gun laws, well they pretty much all suck, don't they?  America just about stands alone in the civilized world in terms of RKBA.  Every place else is heavily restricted, even Switzerland.  Well, unless you are wealthy.  Then you can do whatever you want in places like Mexico, Central & South America, etc.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Back to the original question.

I dont know much about any European nations but I lived in South America (Bolivia) for 8 years while working for USAID. Well, to put it bluntly, there are no laws there. It shouldnt be surprising since this country is the source of most narcotics for the U.S. But back to your question, you could openly buy anything you could find. In which lies the trick. While I was there, I saw quite a few collections that would leave you amazed.

Ak's for $50-75 (US$) FN-FAL for about the same. There were WWII weapons by the thousands, I mean MG-43, MG-34, STG-44's..you name it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Where my Wife is from..owning a Gun is a Capital Offense.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top