Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 10:53:20 AM EDT
IRS agent assaults
taxpayer in Vegas
No charges filed by police, FBI, U.S. attorney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jon Dougherty
© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com

No charges have been filed yet against an Internal Revenue Service agent who witnesses say assaulted a taxpayer with a chair during a recent hearing in Las Vegas.

According to the Las Vegas Tribune newspaper, the Oct. 10 incident occurred when Wiley Davis, an IRS Team Manager from Colorado, became agitated with Las Vegas resident Ken Nicholson during a hearing to discuss an IRS lien against some property owned by Nicholson.

During the hearing, Nicholson said he would be willing to pay whatever the IRS said he owed if Davis could produce the section of IRS code authorizing the lien against his property.

Witnesses told the paper that when Davis could not produce that code, he became angry, lost his self-control and threw a chair at Nicholson.

"Davis then grabbed the chair and hit Nicholson in the groin and legs. Security officers came in and stopped the melee. Police arrived shortly thereafter and are now investigating," the paper said.

Nicholson came to the hearing with materials he had obtained from noted tax expert Irwin Schiff.

Keith Milbourn, a friend of Nicholson who had come to the meeting with him, described the incident.

"By the time we called the police there were about ten people in the hallway including other agents, the witnesses and security guards," Milbourn told the paper, adding that another IRS agent who was in the room, Renee Swells, was reportedly "surprised and shocked" by Davis' action.

Both men said they tried to report the incident to the U.S. attorney's office, as well as the FBI, but both Justice Department entities declined to take their report.

"I know that if I would have assaulted the IRS agent, I would be sitting in jail right now," Nicholson told the paper. "But because the IRS agent is the one who assaulted me, Metro [Las Vegas Police] only took a statement and let him go."

A spokesman for the Las Vegas Police Department told WorldNetDaily that investigators informed Nicholson he had to contact the department within five days of the incident if he wanted to initiate action against Davis, since it was "just a misdemeanor battery." LVMPD officials say Nicholson has not contacted the department seeking action against Davis.

The spokesman also said the department "gave all of the information to the IRS Criminal Investigation Division."

"If [Nicholson] wants prosecution, he can contact the general investigations division" within the department "and they can move forward on it," the spokesman added.

Said Schiff in an e-mail alert, "The public has got to ask itself, why would an IRS agent get so upset simply because the taxpayer asked to see the law?"

Related story:

///////////////////////////////////
What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive...?
--Alexandr Solzhenitsyn-- The Gulag Archipelago
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
What a dickhead.  I have no love for that agency.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That is f$%king crap, Metro tried to screw a friend of mine with that 5 day crap, it is actually 90 days, this didn't even make the new in Vegas according to my friend.

What a load of BS, the IRS is a parasite that needs to be removed and gutted.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
stupid citizen, asking to see a law he wouldn't even understand anyway, he'll hopefully be brought up on charges for verbal assault with intent and leading to enragement of a federal employee.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like aggravated assault to me because a chair could (should) be considered a "dangerous instrument" and the state should file a felony beef against Mr. IRS.  At least in AZ that is what *should* happen.  But what do I know, I am just a lowly taxpayer.

Situation reversed?  We all know what would happen . . .
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought that assualt questions such as "show me the code of law" to those representing government has been banned. This question doesn't appear to be the pre-ban variety either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Why would he get mad at that?  Because the IRS likes to pull the wool over America's collective eyes.  Nevermind the fact that he wouldn't even be able to find the damn code in that sphagetti of a mess if it does exist anyway.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Ahhh another successful test of my BP meds....
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Never trust anyone named Wiley.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep I read this on New Max.com and it does make you made and I should check my pulse I bet it's hight. C@ck sucker
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
What you don't realize fellas, is that only us dumb poor folk actually [i]pay[/i] taxes.  The social elitists and filthy-stinking-rich people who write tax laws know exactly how the laws work and exactly how they can get out of paying their taxes.  How many times have we heard of guys like Donald Trump or Bill Gates getting audited?  I've been audited 5 times in the last 9 years.  My wife is a CPA, so our taxes are always done correctly.  Go figure.

"Do what you will,
just don't think honesty is one of the tenants of the IRS."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top