Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2001 8:42:16 AM EDT
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

1.) Money:Use CASH...gradually accumulate the CASH over a period of time...you can do this by "Grocery Shopping"..stop by the ATM, withdraw some cash, then go to the supermarket and buy some groceries...and pocket a little of the cash..and tell the wife that the $40 worth of groceries was $55 dollars...(make sure that you "lost" the receipt..).
By skimming a little off of the top..here and there you can build up a cash reserve.

2.) HIDE the cash in a place where she cannot get access to it.

3.) When you accumulate enough MONEY..the Magical moment has arrived! You go down to your local Dealer and buy that gun. Naturally the dealer will want a phone number. Make sure that you give them your CELL Phone Number or better yet your pager number. This way "wifey" won't get wind of your little "present" to yourself..

4.) PICK UP day..it is time to pick up the new "Toy"...take a long lunch break or half day off from work and pick up your brand spankin new Toy..take it home and slip it into the gun safe...while "wifey" is busy at her workplace..

5.) This is very important...NEVER NEVER EVER..let your wife take INVENTORY of your collection...the "larger" the collection is..the easier it is to hide a new purchase..making it blend in with the others...

[}:D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Just make sure that your wife doesn't hear the call, otherwise she might think your having an affair.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I never buy guns, only "replacement parts".
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#3]
gradually accumulate the CASH over a period of time
View Quote

Bostonterrier97, as you said at the top, that truly is mission impossible.  Have you ever really succeeded in saving enough cash that way to buy a nice gun?z
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
You folks absolutely mystify me.  My wife of ten years owns her own guns, shoots hipower, IDPA, silhouette and smallbore.  If I can't afford a gun, she buys it for me.  She goes to every gunshow with me.  She sits for hours and helps me sort brass and trim cases.  And she's hell on wheels in bed, too.

Wouldn't it be easier to get one like mine than to go through all this hassle with yours?  Eat yo' hearts out, bros.

BWAAAHHAWHAHHAHWAAA!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the same boat as CELT.

You guys really do have a ball and chain.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Aren't your marriages based on trust?

Sure, I don't volunteer everything I do with my wife, but I don't hide major purchases.

By the same token, she doesn't hide it from me.  The $1800 Nordstroms bill was a bit of a surprise, but she had told me she was buying a bunch of new clothes.

We both have a personal "fun money" fund we build up to buy things like guns.  That way it's not a secret, yet you can spend it on what you want.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Marriage, what is that?  I ain't getting married.
Ice
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
  I wouldn't put up with that either.  I had one like that luckilly I realized before I married her.  Also even got custody of my son because she turned into a head case( even more)[whacko] .  

So not I don't need to tell anyone what I spend my money on ( after paying bills ofcourse) [bounce]

CELT: Wouldn't it be easier to get one like mine than to go through all this hassle with yours?
View Quote
 Where do ya get one of those????

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine says that as long as I can pay cash I can buy any gun I want. Have not got her to help with the reloading part yet.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats all well and good for a smaller purchase, but what would you have to do to sneak an Ohio Ordnance semiauto BAR of $2650 past her?  I could never figure that one out!  Better off I didn't though - got laid off around that time.  $2650 goes a LONG way when you're short on money!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Dang, I don't know why you guys have so many problems... my wife tries to get me to buy guns even when I *don't* have the money.  I have to resist.  If my wife told me not to buy guns I'd tell her to get back in the kitchen, and bake me a pie.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#13]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CELT: Wouldn't it be easier to get one like mine than to go through all this hassle with yours?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do ya get one of those????
View Quote

Well, for me, it was the singles mags.  (Really.  I tell everyone she was a mail order bride) The singles columns are just like stuff on the net...you learn to work the system and sort people out.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]
hope my future wife is like celt's! She gota younger sister? [sex]
-Chuck
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Ahhh... the joys of being SINGLE.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Hence one of the reasons guns like the Glock, Sig, 1911 and AR-15 are quite popular.  Different variations look so much alike, the Mrs. may think it's the same gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess I am in the middle.  Not sure my wife approves but there are too many for her to keep track of.  She gave up after awhile.  After all I am hopeless [shock].  All good tips by boston terrier.  Cash is king.  Never let your wife know how much you really make.  

the next covert purchase (Barrett 82 ) is gonna be a tough one.  good thing I have been practicing for years... and the kids really don't need me to pay for their college do they?... After all those UGMA accounts are for their protection or benefit... (only kidding besides too much paper work invloved)  My only issue with boston terrier is that a Barrett is a lot of trips to the grocery store...if only I could keep a few bucks every time the wife went to the store...Now that wouldn't take long at all ! [bounce]  

I'm out

Oh and you lucky dogs with the gun loving sex loveing wives.  STOP RUBBING IT IN.  

As for the rest of us... a man has to do what a man has to do.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I have gotten myself into trouble for this exactly one time. I attmepted to hide the purchase a Colt 24in stanless flattop. When she found it and found out it was mine she was more pissed that I hid it than I spent 1300 bucks.

New rule.... if I can afford it I just tell her in advance "Im going to go buy one of these". She may tell me I don't need it. She may tell me not to. If I have the money it's as good as bought. I don't hide a dang thing. I make a point to show her every new gun and make sure she knows it's new.
If I have to hide stuff... it's not worth doing.    

oh yeh....  I don't tell her how much anything costs  unless she asks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#19]
You people amaze me.. I'm not married, but I do have an opinion on this one, having a gun-loving boyfriend will open your eyes to things.. I used to be like your wives and was anti-gun etc, until my bf showed me the light.. guns aren't bad..as the saying goes...GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE..PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.. However, in my opinion, you don't have a very open communicative relationship if you can't be honest about buying guns...She should also learn to accept who you are or either one of you should get out because than you obviously don't love each other unconditionally.. Just my opinion on how I see things, maybe I'M wrong..
-Andrea
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just my opinion on how I see things, maybe I'M wrong..
View Quote

An honest relationship is the best way to go...you got it right...except that I don't think many of us want to go get a "gun-loving boyfriend!"

Ack!

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#21]
"How to make a buy a gun covertly and fool the wife" DAMN ! your as bad as me[:)]

layaway! a lil. money here a lil. money there and nobody gets mad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#22]
She has purses and shoes...I have my guns.(we bothe spend about the same each year) [:)>]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I agree with Andrea, She can come date me. If her gunloving bf doesn't kill me!
-Chuck
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#24]
If you're hiding things from each other more things come next been married 21 yrs maybe you should check the "wife asked for devorice" post.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I just tell her I bought a new gun, of course the price is never over $300.00
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Ya'll are sneaky little bas*?rds, aren't you...  Now I know why Brouhaha comes up with cash at odd times and when I least expect it!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#27]
My wife and i each have an allowance from our budget. So when she wants a new toy, some times it has ben a gun, she gets it. As do I. Her last toy was a High Standard Military Competition from the orig manufacture. My last was a Dillon 550. If your budget can support a couple of bucks here and there, doesnt have to be a lot of money, each will have a mad fund. Each of you will be more happy......pat
i cnat spell[:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Every friday I put the leftover cash in my wallet into my locked desk at work.  When there is  enough for the next (must have) item, I buy it.  My gun purchases don't come out of the household budget (which makes the wife happy) and by paying cash I have got more than a few super deals.  I never take my check book to a gun show, cash talks and BS walks.  Just one way of doing it!!--ALLONS11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top