Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2001 9:02:23 PM EDT
If you swap uppers do they retain their zero ?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you serious?

Of course, since the sights remain on the upper.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Why the BTT 15 minutes after the original post?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I am assuming you mean if you sight in one AR complete upper and the take it off the lower completely.  If so, yes the uppers will retail their zero since you are not moving the sights in any way.  I always take my  upper off the lower after shooting and it always keeps it zero.  The only reason it wouldn't would be if the sights got bumped or something.

Now if you are removing the barrel from the upper that a completely different story.  Of course the sights would be off since it would be a different front post.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
"Are you serious?"

Yes why would I ask if I was not? I was just wondering if it would remain the same as I have never done it before. Also I asked because I wanted to learn!!

Also Btt because it was way at the bottom of the page.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't let him bother you, only way to learn is to ask.  I myself have asked way seamily easier questions.  Hell when I first started shooting I didn't know the differnce between 5.56 and .223 ammo (nothing really)!!  So ask away...and you will learn

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I apologize... there just seems to be a lot of strange trolling lately.

I asked a lot of similar questions... and still do!

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem I understand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top