Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/23/2007 6:33:36 PM EDT
ok so ive never really attempted a rant before but here goes.  I go to one of the few senior military academies in the country and everyone I know is affiliated with the military in some way.  I will start by saying I am not in the Military.  I did USMC/ARMY/AF ROTC.  I wanted to be a Marine Officer and had plans to enlist if i didnt get in to college(only applied here) but for personal reasons (family and sig. other)  i decided not to pursue a commision.  This is probably one of the biggest regrets of my life.  Now that that background is out of the way on to the rant.  I run some people enlisted and commisioned that are the best people i have ever met.  I know SF guys in the Army/Navy/Marines that are some of the most professional, loyal, intelligent, honorable people I have ever met.  I always thought I was more inteligent than most people I have met but there is a SSG in the marines that i know that could be the president of Mensa.  On the other hand I have run into a TON of soldiers/sailors/marines/airmen (enlisted and commision)that are the most ignorant, unprofessional, lying, stealing, unpatriotic, sloppy and fat people you would ever care to meet.  I met a CPT and 2LT in the army in the last month where one ended up being abusive to women and the other knew absolutly nothing about weapons, the army, or the military in general.  THESE ARE LEADERS OF SOLDIERS.  Granted both of these men were in the guard VT and CT respectively but come one!!  Also alot of the people I know pursuing commisions have no knowledge or even interest in the military's tactics/weapons/history/doctrine at all.  I know as a Military History major/survivalist/Arfcommer that I am more inclined than most to be knowledgable in these fields but still i am disapointed.  It just saddens me that the military has been taken down off of the pedestal that it once was placed on in my mind.  I would like to say that in no way does this make me not support our wars or troops in general it just has changed my perspectives.  For all of you MIL guys reading this please do your best to exemplify your respective branch, good luck, and keep your heads down.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it make you so mad that you were incapable of using paragraphs?

That's pretty mad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I ARE MAD!1
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

sorry i was pretty mad.  I guess its because one of the officers i met this weekend and hes fucking my GF's roomate
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
What does this have to do with being a mother-in-law (MIL)?
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I think he's talking about mothers-in-law guys!
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What does this have to do with being a mother-in-law (MIL)?

33 seconds... I hate you
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I read this expecting a good rant about mother-in-laws
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

sorry i was pretty mad.  I guess its because one of the officers i met this weekend and hes fucking my GF's roomate

Get out your pen and paper.

In order to have a successful rant, you must include at least two of the following words (repeatedly)...

FUCK, MOTHERFUCKER, COCKSUKER, DOUCHE BAG, and SON OF A BITCH!!!

Without these jewels of the engrish language, your rant is a FAIL.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me get this right:

You have decided not to serve yourself - but you have found some serving military members that fall short of your ideal of what they should be.... so you posted this to encourage them to " do your best to exemplify your respective branch"?

Do I have that right?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ok so ive never really attempted a rant before but here goes.  I go to one of the few senior military academies in the country and everyone I know is affiliated with the military in some way.  I will start by saying I am not in the Military.  I did USMC/ARMY/AF ROTC.  I wanted to be a Marine Officer and had plans to enlist if i didnt get in to college(only applied here) but for personal reasons (family and sig. other)  i decided not to pursue a commision.  This is probably one of the biggest regrets of my life.  Now that that background is out of the way on to the rant.  I run some people enlisted and commisioned that are the best people i have ever met.  I know SF guys in the Army/Navy/Marines that are some of the most professional, loyal, intelligent, honorable people I have ever met.  I always thought I was more inteligent than most people I have met but there is a SSG in the marines that i know that could be the president of Mensa.  On the other hand I have run into a TON of soldiers/sailors/marines/airmen (enlisted and commision)that are the most ignorant, unprofessional, lying, stealing, unpatriotic, sloppy and fat people you would ever care to meet.  I met a CPT and 2LT in the army in the last month where one ended up being abusive to women and the other knew absolutly nothing about weapons, the army, or the military in general.  THESE ARE LEADERS OF SOLDIERS.  Granted both of these men were in the guard VT and CT respectively but come one!!  Also alot of the people I know pursuing commisions have no knowledge or even interest in the military's tactics/weapons/history/doctrine at all.  I know as a Military History major/survivalist/Arfcommer that I am more inclined than most to be knowledgable in these fields but still i am disapointed.  It just saddens me that the military has been taken down off of the pedestal that it once was placed on in my mind.  I would like to say that in no way does this make me not support our wars or troops in general it just has changed my perspectives.  For all of you MIL guys reading this please do your best to exemplify your respective branch, good luck, and keep your heads down.

Going to college and getting a decent education used to mean something as well, and part of the decent education was proper grammar.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]
There is shitbirds and exemplary individuals in every profession.  The military is no different.  The sad part is that one shitbird can do a lot more to destroy the image of the military than 100 good men can do to to better it.

Not bashing your post, and I certainly don't know you personally, but it sounds like part of your anger is coming from the fact that you regret not pursuing a commission, and you might feel that when you see those .mil personnel fucking up, you know you would have done things much better.  But that's just from the outside looking in.

ETA:  I always felt that being in the military made me cool.  Don't burst my bubble!
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
At least they joined unlike you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Welcome to the party, if you had served you would have known this much sooner. The .mil is as wide a sample of American Society as you could ever have, just like back home.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm glad I don't have a Mother In Law.  Apparently they aren't cool.

On the other hand, I think it's amusing that the OP is attending a military academy and doesn't want to be in the military.

And no, being in the Army, Navy, Marines, or Air Force (notice the capital letters?) does not automatically make one cool.  It's funny how you're ranting on it, but will never know yourself.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Way to sack up cowboy.

You walked away from service.  Better men than you are going in harm's way so your sorry NORWICH "cadet that ain't" self can rant on ARFCOM.  

So you ran in to some sorry Army types.  Guess no one ever told you that there's always that 10%.  Gee, why aren't you taking the oath so you can lead by example?

My company last a guy in Afghanistan today.  A little Pashto guy with bad teeth, a wife, kids, and a little house.  He died trying to make his country better.  He was a better man than you.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
At least they joined unlike you.

Like Tim McVeigh

Hell, I was in the Infantry but I never got a Bronze Star like McVeigh.   It sure does suck to be a piece of shit like me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Us military folks are people too, and just like people, there are a few winners and a few losers.

I am a Comm guy with a test squadron, and I'm fortunate to be working with some of the most intelligent and talented Airmen who have ever lived.

Good luck with life, however I think you're going to need some practice at proper ranting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

Get out your pen and paper.

In order to have a successful rant, you must include at least two of the following words (repeatedly)...

FUCK, MOTHERFUCKER, COCKSUKER, DOUCHE BAG, and SON OF A BITCH!!!

Without these jewels of the engrish language, your rant is a FAIL.

Vulgarity is the liguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherfucker.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I will try to be kind when I say:

I think you need to re-evaluate your relationship with an SO who would be unwilling to support you doing what you (presumably) want to do most.

Are you out of the house? Do you support yourself? Then, similarly, wtf does your family have to do with your decision to be an officer, or serve in any capacity?

In short, YOU have some issues you need to work through before pointing the finger at the less-than-stellar bunch that sometimes populates portions of our military. Believe me, I have met a few of them.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Let's see.

Let's take the Marine Corps for example.

We currently have like 190,000 Marines (active and reserve).  (we are growing our end strength so not exactly up on the current numbers)

So exactly how many Marines have you met that were "shitbirds"?  30, 50, 100?

I'd be really surprised if you have even met 500 Marines in your lifetime but for arguments sake let's say you did and they were all "shitbirds".

What percentage is 500 of 190,000?  .0026=  3 tenths of a percent (rounding up)

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]
1.  Paragraphs dude.  

2.  You probably won't be happy to learn that I give quite a bit of preference to job applicants with a military background, even though I do not have such a background myself.  Yes, this is somewhat discriminatory.  No, I don't care what other people think about that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Five organizations composed of several million individuals, attempting complex and ever changing goals.

A lot of people are going to slip through the cracks, all in the name of 'maintaining strength'.

On a side note, since 2003 the Army National Guard (possibly the RA as well, I don't know) has begun promoting soldiers to NCO positions without the requisite training - to be trained at an undetermined time in the future.  The consequences of this are far reaching and near-catastrophic in the view from my area.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
<snip>
Also alot of the people I know pursuing commisions have no knowledge or even interest in the military's tactics/weapons/history/doctrine at all.  I know as a Military History major/survivalist/Arfcommer that I am more inclined than most to be knowledgable in these fields but still i am disapointed.  

You have some brass balls to write something like this.  At least they have decided to serve - unlike you.  Where do you get off criticizing them because they don't share your personal interest/emphasis in "military's tactics/weapons/history/doctrine".  Do you think that the majority of officers are members of their local "Military Tactics Club"?  What you seem to know about the real military couldn't fill a teaspoon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#27]
wesmerc you are all kinds of ate the hell up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

I think we have found the cause of your issue...
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

I think we have found the cause of your issue...

too quick on the trigger on the corps whore comment, retracted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Thats him

Note his occupation "Merc"
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
On the other hand I have run into a TON of soldiers/sailors/marines/airmen (enlisted and commision)that are the most ignorant, unprofessional, lying, stealing, unpatriotic, sloppy and fat people you would ever care to meet.   It just saddens me that the military has been taken down off of the pedestal that it once was placed on in my mind.

I distilled your post down to these two sentences - hope you don't mind.
You have found out the world is not what we make it in our minds when we are kids.
Basically, I've learned this in life - somebody can be a good soldier/Marine/Cop and be shitty person/dumbass.

You can't place organizations up on such high pedestals, or you will be sorely disappointed when you realize they are composed of fallible people, just like you and me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Thats him

Sorry I was delayed - I was reading his answer to the "Ever Shoplifted?" question.

You know - those darn mercenaries can be kind of soft and don't know beans about military tactics and history.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted for posterity. Absolutely classic. Epic fail in this one.

From the OP's MySPace page:

Heroes Carlos Halfcock
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats him

Sorry I was delayed - I was reading his answer to the "Ever Shoplifted?" question.

You know - those darn mercenaries can be kind of soft and don't know beans about military tactics and history.....

It's a real bitch isn't it, I wonder how some of those SF guys he claims to know would react if they saw his little post here on ARFCOM, small world isn't it ace...
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm fortunate enough to be in basic on Christmas! Anyone know what traps they have set that day?

Well if your going to be a Leonard Wood then you will be given an extended pass for home dubbed "whateverthefudgetheycallit".  I dunno about other posts, could be a good christmas smoking by Santa Claus and his DS buddies :)

Exodus.

Scroll down to the ridiculously long post in this thread. That's me telling all anyone will ever need to know about exodus at Ft. Leonard Wood. Pretty much applies Army-wide I suspect.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Wes...is this you?

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8910822&Mytoken=A24B8B39-C3DF-891B-199DDC5E132085A21989453

If that is him, he sounds like a complete tool.

Norwich University, turning out more tools than Crafstman since 1819!!

Steve NUCC Class of 07 who enjoyed fucking with douchebags like this kid in my four years at the Wic
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Wes...is this you?

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8910822&Mytoken=A24B8B39-C3DF-891B-199DDC5E132085A21989453

Accuracy Check:

ARFCOM User Name   = wesmerc
Myspace Profile Name = WESMERC         CHECK

ARFCOM State = VT
MySpace State = VT                             CHECK

OP Claimed Education:  Military Academy
MySpace Claimed Edu:  Military Academy  (with pic)   CHECK

ARFCOM is a gun Board
Wesmerc's MySpace page has plenty of firearm references on it      CHECK

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Wes...is this you?

Accuracy Check:

ARFCOM User Name   = wesmerc
Myspace Profile Name = WESMERC         CHECK

ARFCOM State = VT
MySpace State = VT                             CHECK

OP Claimed Education:  Military Academy
MySpace Claimed Edu:  Military Academy  (with pic)   CHECK

ARFCOM is a gun Board
Wesmerc's MySpace page has plenty of firearm references on it      CHECK

When should one be struck with fear?
When a Chief Warrant Officer says, "Watch this shit!"

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#44]
This is not a tag and I'm not going for popcorn.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
When should one be struck with fear?
When a Chief Warrant Officer says, "Watch this shit!"

Especially when the E-6 and E-7's take a step back and put in earplugs
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I was going to make a long, in-depth retort, but you're not worth it.  Go back and continue to waste your life in school, and let the real men defend the nation.

I'm actually glad you're not in my military.

Oh, and your little outburst doesn't even rate as a vent, let alone a mild diatribe (and don't EVEN consider it a rant).  It's poorly constructed both logically and mechanically, makes several glaring assumptions that aren't valid, makes several HUGE implications that are annoying at best and offensive to those of us in uniform at worst, and highlights both your assinine attitudes and your selfish, childish hypocricy.

I hope you kept the receipts for your English classes; you should get a refund.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#47]
You decide not to join so you can get some tail?  Shit I got friends on there 2nd and 3rd marriage because when there wives accused them of loving the Army more, they basically said "yeah so".  

What the fuck makes you think you can bash my Brothers and Sisters?  We're a Family we can talk shit about one another but you sir can not.

Your recruiter is just down the street "Man Up"
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty mad.

This part confuses me..

You are mad because this guy is fucking your girl friend's room mate?

Is the RMIQ (room mate in question) a male or female?

Is she under aged?

Is he married?

I don't get it...

ps  what the hell is "Roomate"? Is that something that kangaroo's play with?
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Let me clue you in on a valuable piece of information that has served me well throughout these types of situations.

Apologize, and ask this thread to die. Maybe over time people will forget that you were the one stupid enough to think this and post it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Let me clue you in on a valuable piece of information that has served me well throughout these types of situations.

Apologize, and ask this thread to die. Maybe over time people will forget that you were the one stupid enough to think this and post it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top