This CNN article is ridiculous.
9mm rifle with laser!!!!!!

(edited to un-hot)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/11/student.arsenal/index.html

9mm laser rifle in the forty watt range!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG DOZENS OF WEAPONS, GUNS!!!!!!!
that fire bb's
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
as long as she got a pepper weapon that matches.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]

(CNN) -- Police have taken into custody a 14-year-old boy who is suspected of
planning a "Columbine" type event at a Pennsylvania high school, a police spokesman
said.

Police took a 14-year-old boy into custody after a search of his home turned up dozens of
weapons.

Police in Plymouth Township near Philadelphia took the boy into custody after a search of
his home turned up a number of weapons, including a 9 mm rifle with a laser scope and
dozens of air guns, said Deputy Chief Joe Lawrence.

Police also found an operational hand grenade, three other hand grenades in the process
of construction, bomb-making equipment, manuals and 30 powered weapons that fire
BBs.

The boy's mother bought the assault rifle for him several weeks ago at a gun show, police
said. No ammunition was found for the rifle.

The grenades were made with plastic casings that authorities believe the boy bought on
the Internet, Lawrence said. The operational hand grenades included black powder, BBs
and a fuse believed used in fireworks.

Lawrence said police are also investigating whether the boy's mother bought him black
powder used in the grenades.

The boy was making the grenades in his bedroom, he said.

In addition to the weapons, authorities found a hand-painted Nazi flag and a video about
the Columbine shootings, District Attorney Bruce Castor said. Watch Castor explain why he
is 'very upset' with the parents

"It is my judgment that this individual considered that something to be glorified and was
doing so," he said.

Two students opened fire at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, on April 20,
1999. They killed 13 people and wounded 23 others before killing themselves.

The 14-year-old is expected to appear in juvenile court Friday to face charges that could
include making terroristic threats, criminal solicitation, weapons possession, and
possession and manufacturing of weapons of mass destruction, police said.

If he's found delinquent, he could face jail time and counseling.

The boy's mother and father may face criminal charges pending an investigation, police said.

Police acted on a tip they received at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday from a Plymouth Whitemarsh
High School student and his father, school officials said. The 14-year-old was taken into
custody at his home about 10 p.m.

"The boy who gave the tip was one who was trying to be recruited," Castor added. "He was
a friend of the boy in the loosest terms."

Officials said they think the tip was prompted by Wednesday's shooting at a school in
Cleveland, Ohio.

"We have no information at this point that leads us to think this is other than an isolated
individual who was trying to recruit others to help," Castor said.

School officials said the boy is not a student at the school.

"This was a youth in the community who has not been enrolled in school since spring of
2006," according to Dave Sherman, spokesman for Plymouth Whitemarsh High School.

The school has an enrollment of 1,591 students in grades nine through 12. No classes are
being canceled because of the incident, school officials said Thursday.

Plymouth Township is about 15 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks to me like he was an airsoft geek trying to make airsoft grenades.

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
The crazy chick on CNN said it was a "9mm assault rifle with a laser lock"

The insanity never ends.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The insanity never ends.

What the hell is a laser lock?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The insanity never ends.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The insanity never ends.

This is a serious matter...laser lock?  Thats that thing that goes up...errr...wait...

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I'd had the money for all those airsoft toys this kid had back when I was his age.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#13]
OMG! He has teh pipebombs! And a laser! You could shoot down an airplane with a laser!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#14]
By reading the thread title I thought it was going to be a lifted Ford F-350 diesel ..
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#15]
All the other stuff is AirSoft.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/11/student.arsenal/index.html

9mm rifle with laser!!!!!!

(edited to un-hot)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#16]
The Laser Lock is installed on the barrel shroud.  How in thew hell do think you get more thrusts per squeeze?

Gosh, you would think posters on a gun site would know...Sheesh!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
If my mother bought me a hi-point I would trade it in for ammo...There is no doubt the the hi-point in this pic is the dreaded assult weapon (no one would ever make a toy replica of a hi-point)

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#18]
The media makes they're selves look like jack-asses sometimes.....seriously.

And I can't get over how they laid all the guns on the table like that to make it look like he had an arsenal.....fuckin ridiculous.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
ZOMGWTFBBQCHZBRGR?!?!?!?!? Teh Uh-Salt wepinz!!!! Won't someone please think of the childrenz?

Dumbasses!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#20]
damn, they found some 14 yr olds weapons of mass destruction, but they couldnt find any in Iraq?

ok, what is his screen name too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
damn, they found some 14 yr olds weapons of mass destruction, but they couldnt find any in Iraq?

ok, what is his screen name too.

dumbshitinpuberty1994.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#22]
A high point carbine could ruin your day... a 9mm gets pretty fair velocity out of that long barrel.

That said, the rest of it is airsoft, and the media are just as gun-stupid as they ever were.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#23]
So whats his arfcom screen name??
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So whats his arfcom screen name??

He won't show again...the only gun he owns is a Hi-Point and the rest is airsoft...he'll be torn to shreds around here
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#25]
My GOD - I've been agitated about this bullshit all day.

"Arsenal"

THEY ARE FUCKING AIRSOFTS YOU FUCKING MEDIA ASSHOLE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE....PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT WITH A "1" THROWN IN !!!1!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#26]
When you look at this story and see the amount of sheeple manipulation that is going on it is just sobering.  99.99999% of the people out there that viewed this story today do not realize that only one gun in the picture is an actual firearm.  all the uninformed know is that this kid had a lot of "guns" and he was getting ready for some badness.  Pavlov lives..... and we will pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe it was that fat kid from the airsoft pic, and he got tired of people making fun of his chubby cheeks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Everything on the table is fucking airsoft.

The hi-point carbine is probably the only real gun the kid had.  What a fucking stupid story.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Everything on the table is fucking airsoft.

The hi-point carbine is probably the only real gun the kid had.  What a fucking stupid story.

The one beside the Hipoint isnt airsoft, its a Daisy Powerline 880.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]
What a damned media circus.

Trouble is though: a great many people are too dense to see through the hype.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know what you are seeing cause in Oklahoma it's showing lots of air-soft and an MP-5 sub gun!

He is 14 so his parents must have bought that gun!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Sadly - the general public thinks that anything that is not marked with orange  or some other neon color is real, and anything that shoots something -big or small- is verrrry real, so in their eyes this kid was loaded to the teeth.

And assault rifle?? More like a genetically defected excuse for a rifle...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#33]

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — The mother of a 14-year-old who authorities say had a cache of guns, knives and explosive devices in his bedroom for a possible school attack was charged Friday with buying her son three weapons.

Michele Cossey bought her home-schooled son a .22-caliber handgun, a .22-caliber rifle and a 9 mm semiautomatic rifle, authorities said. The teenager felt bullied and tried to recruit another boy for the possible attack at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, authorities said.

Acting on a tip from a high school student and his father, police on Wednesday found the rifle, about 30 air-powered guns, swords, knives, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks in the boy’s bedroom, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said.

Cossey, 46, of Plymouth Meeting bought the rifle, which had a laser scope, at a gun show Sept. 23 and provided police with a receipt, investigators said in court papers.

The teenager said the two .22-caliber weapons were stored at a friend’s house.

The teen was ordered Friday to remain in juvenile detention.

His mother was charged with unlawful transfer of a firearm, possession of a firearm by a minor, corruption of a minor, endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of reckless endangerment.

Castor has said he does not believe an attack was imminent or would occur at all.Then why charge anyone? Oh yeah, we gotta put on this dog and pony show for the media.

He said Friday that the teen had a “disturbed mind.”

“This was a smart kid that clearly believes he was picked on and was a victim,” Castor said. “He had psychological issues and began to act out on those feelings.”

Police, who searched home with the permission of the teen’s parentsBIG fucking mistake.  Make them get a WARRANT., also discovered seven explosive devices Castor has described as homemade grenades: plastic containers filled with pellets to which gunpowder could be added.

Authorities said one grenade was operable and the others had been in the process of being assembled.

The search did not turn up any ammunition for the most dangerous firearm in the bunch, the assault rifle.

The teen previously attended middle school in the district but had been taught at home for more than a year after voluntarily leaving school, Castor said.

The arrest came the same day a 14-year-old in Ohio opened fire at his Cleveland high school, wounding four before killing himself.

This is just SO FUCKED on so many levels and sets a dangerous precedent for ALL of us with kids.  Just based on one freaking tip from a 14 year old, a mother is charged with unlawful transfer of a firearm, possession of a firearm by a minor, corruption of a minor, endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of reckless endangerment.  For buying your son a rifle???  For owning weapons in your own house???  Now she is going to have to pay tens of thousands of dollars in lawyer fees to get out of this bullshit and she has no recourse whatsoever.

This is one of those "it can happen to you" situations.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

and  30 powered weapons that fire BBs

Powered weapons!!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The insanity never ends.

It was that bitch Nancy Grace. I tried calling in to set her straight, but of course that didn't happen. Well all laugh (not me actually) but our gun rights are getting shit on because every novice thinks that is a table of machine guns. You know I'm right.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#36]
OMG!  30 BB guns!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I just heard it one the news again "an arsenal of high powered weapons"  

ONE FREAKING 9mm CARBINE@!!!

Fuck the asshat media
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#38]
GET OFF YOUR ASSES, WE NEED A FUCKING FIRE MISSION!

I already emailed Nancy Grace and CNN.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#39]
OK, so they confiscated his airsoft toys.

BUT IS THE KID'S DOG OK ???
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Seem like the only thing they didn't find is Marvin's "Uranium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator"  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
GET OFF YOUR ASSES, WE NEED A FUCKING FIRE MISSION!

I already emailed Nancy Grace and CNN.

e-mail sent to Nancy Grace, Headline News, and CNN so far.

www.cnn.com/feedback/dotcom/

www.cnn.com/feedback/hdlns/

www.cnn.com/feedback/cnntv/
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks, sending mine now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Fiery crock of shit.  

Anyone who trusts what the MS says is an ignorant fuck, of such abject stupidity they should not be allowed to fucking vote.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#44]
also discovered seven explosive devices Castor has described as homemade grenades: plastic containers filled with pellets to which gunpowder could be added.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The insanity never ends.

and will only increase..
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#46]
i dont know if this is bad or not...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#47]
So what was the only real firearm??  the HighPoint 9
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#48]
This is more like gun rights slander than news reporting ..
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

and  30 powered weapons that fire BBs

Powered weapons!!!

Good Lord!   Air guns! Someone save me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I actually grew up 10 miles from that Plymonth Whitemarsh High School. My best friend went there in the 90's. We used to call in "Pot World", they were known for there classes for teenage mothers and lots of drugs. Course this kid was home schooled and I guess wanted to honor the Columbine killers, its just sad IMO.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top