Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 12:45:02 PM EDT
1st question .
is this small pin or large pin?
2nd question I am swapping barrells and wanted to install a excellent comp. so which do you rec.
3rd. I have a SA M1A and love the trigger. Who makes a trigger similar to the 2 stage i have on my M1A, Or do you rec another type of trigger
4th If I buy the tapco kit, coult I use the barrel on mine if I get the bay lug removed and flash hider 1100 degree welded on?

Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
First off if the front pivot pin is .250 in diameter then it has a small pin upper.

Second off you will have to compare the diam of the trigger/hammer pins to see if they are std. diam or larger ones. Sorry I don't have mearusements with me.

As for Triggers go with the single stage JP, sweet or the Two stage Jewell extra sweet.

Link Posted: 10/20/2001 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have a 6601--it was my first AR.

1) If you're referring to the trigger pins, it's a large pin. If you're talking about the pivot pin, I'm not sure...it looks like the 6601 pivot pin could accomodate a pre-ban upper, but I've never tried it because that would be illegal.

2) Idunno. Didn't yours come with one? Mine did. Why install a comp? Recoil too much for you??? ;)

3) Jewell Trigger, available from Georgia Precision.

4) Idunno. What does the "Tapco kit" include? I'm guessing it's super cheap if you're really thinking of doing all these mods to make it post-ban legal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top