Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 3:03:34 AM EDT
Since this war started it seems as if ground zero has been forgotten.

Can you give us a heads up on what is happening over there?

I know that it is basically a cleanup project but can you give us any new info on the progress.

Thanks,

Alex
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
NYPD is back to a standard 8 Hour 35 Minute Tours, with the exception of anyone that gets notified/volunteers for the WTC Security Detail. That is still a 12 Hour (actually 13-14 Hour Tour by the time relief shows up!) tour.
The National Guard and New York State Troopers man the battery of check points. I still would like to see the Guardsmen with fully loaded M16's though, instead of totally unarmed.

Security in NYC is extremely tight and people in Patrol Burough Manhattan South seem to be very paranoid now that the anthrax scare is in full effect. I get multiple calls a night for suspicious white powder found in an alley or back street somewhere. Usually a 10-90X (police radio jargon...basically a bullshit call)

Also we have to respond to a multitude of bogus bomb threats that have to be taken seriously...WTF? You'd think given the fact that 5000+ people, NEW YORKERS!, have died in less than an hour people wouldn't fuck around and call in phoney threats. I had one guy call the staion house with a passable Arab accent saying he was going to blow up my precinct station house. After I hung up on him he called back over and over, so I told him to come down and do it, I would also personally meet him at the front door and show him a fine ass stomping. Looks like that worked, the "terrorist" never showed up.

"Ground Zero" is a cleanup project now. All building/airplane parts are sifted through at Staten Island. You can still smell the WTC burning every night in the air.

The other NYPD cops on this board should be able to hook you up with more info. This is just my perspective.
[USA]

Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for responding, It is truly a sad thing that people are making false reports in light of what happened. What the hell is wrong with these sick F**ks.

Alex
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for responding, It is truly a sad thing that people are making false reports in light of what happened. What the hell is wrong with these sick F**ks.

Alex
View Quote

That's the only problem with NYC being a really liberal town! Giuliani should really let the NYPD dogs loose, but he's riding a wave of popularity right now. I hope NYC doesn't forget us when it comes time for a new contract.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Contract, what contract???   Oh you mean the one that expired in June?  Oh no, not this past June, the June before that.  A year and a half without a contract.....oh yeah, they wont forget, they have already forgotten.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top