Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/2/2007 10:14:51 AM EDT
If the perp. even said no harm will come to you.

I will not allow myself to be put completely out any control, over my ability to try and protect myself.

They would have to knock me out, or overpower me. I would not summit.

The thought of being tied up and then tortured by knife, just about drives me mad.

Then to think of all the other means of torture,        

What about you?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Two words for ya...

Hell fucking no.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Two words for ya...

Hell fucking no.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I did think that "Fuck No" would be average reaponse.      

I didn't think about a hot babe doing it.  

Not a chance in hell for that to happen to me.    

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd kill them first.  Pretty simple premise, isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
No.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If Eva Mendes broke in my house and wantd to tie me up, I'd go along with it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I was watching part of "Broken Trail" last night, thinking about that.

The best ever Robert Duvall gunfight (has he had a lot of them?), and he is armed with a mallet.  And KICKS ASS!

No, they would have to kill me or incapacitate me.  I cannot grasp how people will just hold still and be killed.  I am no expert, but I know enough to make them sorry they got within arms length of me.  If I have a knife handy, they would be a hell of a lot more than sorry.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#9]
No.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#10]
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?

The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

-- Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, "The Gulag Archipelago"

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#11]
get tied up and then they put a rag or something in your mouth, tape it shut. Now you can slowly gag to death! no way. I would rather they just shoot me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
not a chance
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?

The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

-- Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, "The Gulag Archipelago"

Great quote. Never allow yourself to be taken to a second crime scene.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#14]
No.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Do you really think anyone here will answer "Sure, why not"?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Too simplistic of a question........WAY too many variables there to say one way or the other.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Absofuckinglutely NOT.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#18]
it will not come to the point where i have to make a decision such as this.

if it gets that far, i've failed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems like there can never be any good come of being tied up. Best thing to do is fight it. I'd rather die fighting than die slow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Nope - you are not going to tie me up or put me in a car with you. Fight while you still can.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd either kill them or be killed trying to kill them.  It's that simple.  It would be easy to justify deadly force in such a case.  I'm way too aggressive to be subdued easily and I have a hell of a bad temper.  

I really don't like people and I know how to fight in a variety of ways.  Very bad combination for anyone who wants to try to hurt me, especially within my own living space.  

People have tried to stab me in the past so I'd know damn well what to expect.  Such a thing is a "known" to me as opposed to an "unknown" as it is for most people.  Anger would quickly displace fear for someone like me.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I think the OP forgot what site this is.

FWIW Hell no.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Sure, why not?

I'll have already rung the police by then. They'll come protect me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1

Negative otherwise.  Wouldn't trust someone to stop there.  Plus, that is why I spent a bunch of time and money on firearms to use them should the need arise.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#25]
NO
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Never give up, never comply. More often than not, they just rape, torture, and murder you afterwards. Especially do not allow yourself to be taken to a secondary crime scene.

Fight back, even at the risk of your own life. You're probably dead either way, so why not increase your odds of chasing off or killing the bad guy before he kills you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I will not allow myself to be put completely out any control, over my ability to try and protect myself.

The thought of being tied up and then tortured by knife, just about drives me mad.

What about you?  

How did the conversation with the perp even go on this long?  If someone is a threat to me in my own home...we would NOT be talking.  Either me or the perp would be incapacitated.

Worst thread ever...yet I still posted in it.  Sad....very sad.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Sure why not.
Well then again, HELL NO!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#29]
No.
If I'm going to die then I'm at least shooting one of them. If I don't have a gun then I'll run a knife in their throat before I'll comply.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Absolutely not, ever.  I must, have and will again regard any and all attempts to subdue my person an attack on my life.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
No.  It's already pre-decided.  We all have to go sometime.  Better to die on your feet.

At the very least with their fucking ear in your mouth to be used as DNA evidence against them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I started thinking about these kinds of things after we heard about the flight on 9/11 where the passengers resisted - Todd Beamer and company.

My sense is it is easy for me to talk big sitting in the comfort of my home or office (not Mom's basementhock.gif) about what I would do in a life threatening situation like this.

The truth is I know how I would like to handle it.

The truth is I hope and pray I would have the balls those passengers had on 9/11.

The truth is I will never know how I will react for sure unless it happens
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Only if she's hot, and provides me with the safe word.

Oh wait....what was the topic?

Otherwise, I am thinking "not".

ETA: (I am assuming you guys all realize that "he" would have to be hot in this instance, not "she" )
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#34]
No
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#35]
no.

I have a family to protect and if I can provide my wife enough time to get to one of our many firearms the perp is dead meat.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What if she has developed a multiple personality and is dialing in to Lorena Bobbitt?

"Bobbitt". The very definition of "irony."
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#37]
no
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess it depends on the facts.

If I am alone at home, then I will fight to the death, because that is where you will probably end up if you don't fight. Simple enough.

If my kids are around and one of the perps has a knife to my daughter's throat or a gun held to her head, then fighting might not be the best course. I understand that you might be killed in the end even if you don't resist, but help might be on the way. So, if other family members are present, I would have to say "it depends."
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#39]
No, Never, No way, Not gonna happen.

They're not gonna tie you up and throw you a surprise birthday party.
The first sign of a serious threat and going to do my best to kill them.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about you?  

How did the conversation with the perp even go on this long?  If someone is a threat to me in my own home...we would NOT be talking.  Either me or the perp would be incapacitated.

Worst thread ever...yet I still posted in it.  Sad....very sad.

Well excuse the fuck out of me.  
Sorry to interupt your day.  

You post a better one then.    

Besides, it's hard to come up with things to make 1000 post.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Never!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Too simplistic of a question........WAY too many variables there to say one way or the other.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a simple person.  

Will I let this turd tie me up or not?  
Yes
No

Variables,   does he have a bowie knife on his belt, will he and Bubba use any lube when they sodomize me, are my finger nails really that attached to my fingers, what is the pliers for?          

No variables, I will not willingly be tied up
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So let me get this straight, some guy trying to rob you, wants to tie you up, and promises not to hurt you.

This is a guy, who is trying to steal and incapacitate you, and he is a criminal, and even the questioning of his promise is an issue?

The guy has already proven that he has no morals and no ethics. Why this is even a question is beyond me.

I mean, isn't the mere situation evident that the perp. has no regards for laws, honesty, morals and ethics, and that to somehow believe that despite him ignoring all of that he is, just for this ONE INSTANCE, not going to hurt you is beyond absurd.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Here are some things you should never do because the situation will only get worse...

*Surrender
*Submit to being tied up
*Give up your weapon even if, "Drop the gun or I'll kill your wife, daughter, etc." If you do you'll both be dead.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Only if they have knocked me out with my empty gun.

If they have my wife/daughter with a gun to thier head, same answer.

I am not going to watch my wife/daughter raped in fromt of me.

I will take the shot.

and yes, my wife agrees with me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm a small guy and have never been a good fighter, but anyone that wants to
tie me up is going to have to do it after they knock me out.

It reminds me of a reason I heard suggested why people allowed themselves to be put
into concentration camps, that they were afraid to resist and cause trouble thinking
that they would somehow get through it if they just kept quiet.

Someone might allow themselves to be tied up by a home invader for a similar reason,
figuring I'll just do what he says, not cause any trouble and he'll just leave.

There are too many examples of that being a very poor decision.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I love Eva Mendes so in that case yes anything else Nope!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love Eva Mendes so in that case yes anything else Nope!

Oh hell yes!!! I finally watched her in "Once upon a time in Mexico" the other day. She looked WAY hot in BDUs carrying an AR.

Sorry to stray the topic a bit but I had to. DAYAM
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Nor would my 3 GSDs allow it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top