Don't fvck with Texas
Don't fvck with America
And don't fvck with George
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I second that nomination!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going out on a limb here and adding Dick Cheney to the list of BAMF's that are not to be messed with.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Bush is the man
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
MY PRESIDENT, GEORGE W. BUSH

Don't fvck with Texas
Don't fvck with America
View Quote

Amen, Amen, and Amen!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No Doubt about it Bush/Cheney/Powell Just to name a few!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Never forget "Ronnie RayGun"...  He taught Libya a thing or to!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
It is great to be able to watch te president on TV again. I would ad that squinty eyed sob Rumsfeld as a tough hombre.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
What do I think is really cool about George W. Bush?

A few years ago, a good friend of mine had a son. As the boy grew up, he made the usual proud Dad comments of his son growing up to be President. But he quickly added the disclaimer that he would not grow up to be LIKE the President -- Clinton at that time. Now, my friend says he'd be proud to have his son grow up to be like the President.

And, by the way, did I mention that my friend is a liberal Democrat from Massachusetts?

George W. Bush rocks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
DON'T FORGET RUMSFELD!!

Apparently when he was told, (after it happened), the military was not able to attack a convoy of vehicles that probaly contained some of the Taliban's higher leadership, because the JAG told them 'it was not a good idea' he started smashing glass doors and went off ona good tirade.....don't F with him!

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
How about the ones who drew first blood on this OP?

"LET'S ROLL!"
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I got to go with the guys that say Bush!

But I do have to say me to[:)] I rolled me truk five times and I'm fine[^] and that ws in real life.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What do You guys think about Richard(Deadeye Dick) Marcinko?

GWB Is the Man!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tall Shadow:
What do You guys think about Richard(Deadeye Dick) Marcinko?

GWB Is the Man!

Tall Shadow
View Quote

That guy is full of shit dude. So much of the stuff he claimed to be personally involved in was just not true. He wrote about a lot of operations with him being on the ground with the guys when the bullets were flying, but in truth he was more the man in the rear, not physically involved.

He's still a badass, but he is full of shit.

My nomination for super badass goes to Chuck Yeager. I swear, that sumbitch is a cat with plenty more than nine lives.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can mention all the usual candidates:

Eastwood

De Niro

Pachino

Segall

And all the others. But none, absolutely none compare to:

MY PRESIDENT, GEORGE W. BUSH

Don't fvck with Texas
Don't fvck with America
View Quote
Other than GWB, what have any of the others on your list done to show what a badass they are?  They are all actors and the parts they play may have nothing to do with who they are.  Look at how many play pro-gun people but aren't in real life.  Some actors have shown in real life how tough they are, such as Lee Marvin.  He was a Marine in the Pacific during WWII.  Audie Murphy was a real life badass and hero.  He earned the CMH.  None of the one's mentioned have done anything like that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I understand that larry. But in past threads about bad asses it seems that everybody always lists actors. People who pretend to be somebody else, for a living. I was only making a point between real life and fantasy. Almost all the people listed in the following replies are true bad asses.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Bush is the man, but you gotta hand it to Rumsfeld. I love it whenever a reporter asks him a stupid/annoying question, he's never afraid to show them how stupid they are then laugh about it. Haven't heard too many stupid questions lately, guess they got the picture [:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm going out on a limb here and adding Dick Cheney to the list of BAMF's that are not to be messed with.
View Quote

I agree. I met Cheney when he was at Kingsmill last year for a Congressional retreat. He exudes a quiet competence and the maturity of experience that, with due respect, GWB lacks.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Duke yet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#19]
BUSH IS THE BAD ASS OF ALL!!!!!
    [50]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#20]
George W. Bush and all of his support cast.
(GW's ranch is 29 miles from my house.)

Lets not forget :

Gen. George Smith Patton.
the baddest mother f#cker of all times. A true fighting general that produced results. Eisenhour should not have relived Patton of his duties in WW 2. We would not be in the mess we are in now.

[50]  [50]  [50]

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
While the actors are good actors and portray someone that's fun to watch, I wouldn't put them on the list.

GWB definitely.  Just this Monday when the Taliban said they wanted to deal on their terms and W stood firm.

*applauds*

Ronald Reagan - standing firm on SDI at Reykjavik is what Gorbachev later said toppled the whole house of cards in the USSR. And Reagan took a political beating over it by the liberals at the time too..but he didn't waver

Sgt John Macejunas who served in Mogadishu during the time the Blackhawks went down....come to think of it, the entire US armed forces in Mogadishu at that time.  They took 18 losses compared to over 500 on the other side and another 1000 injured on the other side.  

And while we're at it, those survivors of Camp O'Donnell from '42-'45.  That place was Hell, and they beat it.  (No AntiUSSA!  not Rosie O'Donnell!)

Most every single parent I've met who has to keep going non-stop and wear every hat to raise their children alone.

Alec Baldwin for having the courage to look like even more of a doofus and go back on his promise to move out of the country if Bush became president.

Ok...I knew I couldn't do that last one with a straight face...

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I nominate Osama, because after a few nights in US Federal Prison, his ass will be in real bad shape. That is, if he lives that long.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/audie1052/murph/medals2.jpg[/img]

Audie Murphy

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]

Edited cause I found a better pic
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Smedley Butler

Dan Daley

Gen. Louis B. "Chesty" Puller

"Big Ed" Neusel

Carlos Hathcock Jr.

Omar Bradley

George Washington

Alvin York

and the biggest....the guy that lives with my ex-wife.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Like everyone else said with the addition of my dad. He went to school in the south side of chicago. When he was in college, he was the ONLY one in his class not to get mugged. A group of guys tried, but were unsuccessful. He paid for all his stuff on his own and worked his ass off from 6pm-3am and went to school full time. He's built 3 houses and is basically a jack of all trades. He is a middle school teacher and deals with all the gang bangers as a disciplinarian in the office. He's been threatened by all sorts of whaccos and has left a lasting impression of respect with those that try to threaten him. He raised me to do my best and only my best. Some kids used to say that they stay out of trouble so they don't get burned; I used to say I didn't do anything wrong because I just don't know how to. I don't know how he did it all, but he did. He is just a hell of a guy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
The one and only, the Austrian Oak(Arnold).
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Bruce Lee
Ken Shamrock when he fought in UFC
Undertaker and Kane evenif WWF is fake I wouldnt mess with them
Marcinko is definately on the list
How about an in shape pissed off Mike Tyson
Deniro is down right scary when he wants to be
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Ed Sr. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Some people are missing the point.
Only one man can call up the entire military forces of the United States.
You think De Niro can order a C-130 Gunship to settle his problems?
And all the others, Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld [albiet, tough guys] all work for:

GEORGE W. BUSH

Get it now?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok, I think you all are missing one.

I am, beyond all doubt or dispute, the ultimate Bad-Ass of all time.

Anyone wishing to dispute this claim with me will please walk to the center of the mall and drop a red handkerchief. You are then free to run as far or as fast as you wish. It doesn't matter how you try to leave. You will be dealt with for your impudence.

Gecko45

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I understand that larry. But in past threads about bad asses it seems that everybody always lists actors. People who pretend to be somebody else, for a living. I was only making a point between real life and fantasy. Almost all the people listed in the following replies are true bad asses.
View Quote
OOps, my bad, I didn't read closely enough.  Apparently, you and I agree on this.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#33]
The baddest of all........................................................
[img]http://www.geocities.com/jolietjake/samauri.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I can't believe no one has named Swartzcof of Persian Gulf fame.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart.  I'll raise a glass and bow my head to those two anyday.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Although the Bush administration has plenty of excellent canditates, I'd like to nominate Condoleezza Rice — Certainly one of the most articulate, intelligent members, and an outspoken RKBA defender to boot.

From a George Will column dated August 2000:

"IN A PLEASANTLY meandering conversation over lunch in San Francisco last summer, Condoleezza Rice, then still provost of Stanford but already unofficially what she now is officially, George W. Bush's senior foreign policy adviser, was asked her thoughts about gun control. "I am," she answered crisply, "a Second Amendment absolutist." Growing up in Birmingham, Ala., in the early 1960s, when racial tensions rose, there were, she said, occasions when the black community had to exercise its right to bear arms in self-defense, becoming, if you will, a well-regulated militia."

From the September 2001 issue of Biography magazine:

"In a Birmingham drenched with racial ugliness, another aunt, Genoa McPhatter, remembers Mrs. Rice (Condi's mother) facing down a clerk who tried to bar Condoleezza from a fitting room. And when a bomb rocked a neighborhood church on a terrible Sunday in 1963, Condoleezza knew one of the four children killed.

"My father and the men in the community protected the community by going out there armed so that night riders didn't come through," said, Rice, who became a staunch gun defender. "I can guarantee you if their guns had been registered, Bull Conner (notoriously racist Birmingham Police Chief) would have gathered up everyone of them."
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top