Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2007 3:15:37 PM EDT
I've heard of several guys who didn't renew their enlistment in one branch (usually the army) and then enlisted in the navy or air force. But has anyone ever served in EVERY branch of the military (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and possibly Coast Guard)?
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
well marines can do lateral transfers to all branches correct?  so its feasible.  I know personally MARINE>ARMY and NAVY>MARINE
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've heard of several guys who didn't renew their enlistment in one branch (usually the army) and then enlisted in the navy or air force. But has anyone ever served in EVERY branch of the military (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and possibly Coast Guard)?
I knew an ex marine, ex sailor soldier.  I knew an ex airforce geek, ex sailor current soldier.  I knew a ex-cop, ex-coastguard, ex-marine current soldier.
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it has been done, and I knew a guy who was going to try doing it.  However he died in Iraq.

If someone is considering it, start with the Marines.  If not, they will screw you.

One of the guys I met right before I left, had spent 10 years in the Navy was an E7 if I recall correctly, came in the USMC as a PFC.

Another close friend of mine spent 6 years in the Army, when he joined the USMC, he got billed for the GI Bill again, started over as a private, and the USMC gave him a whole 6 months prior time in service.

One of the Sgt I knew had spent 8 years in the Navy, then started back at Pvt in the USMC.
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a friend who's been in all but the AF.

Joined the Army reserves in HS, did OSUT (Infantry) and about a year of drills.

Got in the NROTC as a US Navy Midshipman.

Changed to Marine option and commissioned as a 2LT last May.
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You can knock out the USAF and USA by doing Air Guard and Guard later in life....
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
if rotc counts then i have been USMC/ARMY/AF.  therefore it doesnt!
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
A guy here at my work was US Army in Vietnam, and later served in the USMC and Navy.

Link Posted: 9/4/2007 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Yep, I knew a guy that did it.

He was a 55yo E-4 in the Army, and a great guy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top