Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 8:36:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You should still be able to get in, but you'll have to wear the thickest glasses known to man!! You better start exercisin' your neck muscles to hold up your new "birth control glasses"!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Fortunately for you, BCGs use polycarbonate lenses... I wear polycarb lenses, as I am not able to wear glss for reasons of weight (I'm at about 20/450 now...) and safety (I'm a mechanic.)

Of course, I wasn't that bad when I was in, but the condition is described as "hereditary myopia with concussive complications, coupled with astigmatism."  Short form - I'm shortsighted like the rest of my family (mom's side) and played with explosives too much when I was a kid.  The astigmatism is a cylindricity fault in the lens of the eye, and requires a special grind to compensate.  If you are not astigmatic, consider yourself fortuate, as simple myopia is easy enough to deal with...

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
ColonelKlink-

Try this link:  it is for Naval Aviators.

[url]http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/ophthalmology.htm[/url]

Jän  
P3 bubba

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top