[#2]
Actually, there are only TWO kinds of people -

1. People who agree with you, and

2. People who are wrong.

And thats the truth.

[:D]

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I totally agree with everything that Cheeks said.
BRAVO!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought there were 3 ways to do something:
1: The right way.
2: The wrong way.
3: The Navy way. (or whatever you want to sub for Navy)[:D]

I heard it that way when I was in the Navy but it would work for anything!
Lynn
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#5]
"There are two types of people in the world, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group, there's much less competition there." Indira Ghandi
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"There are two types of people in the world, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group, there's much less competition there." Indira Ghandi
View Quote

As far as I can see from your posts, there really are just two kind of people...

You, derek_huffman_azex, and then everybody else...

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you REALLY Derek of Arizona (whatever) Arms???

How do you reconcile having such OBVIOUSLY inflammatory views, and trying to run a business?? Aren't you afraid of alienating your customer base???

The first rule of business - "Never piss off a customer by getting into an argument about religion or politics."

Its not that I disagree entirely with everything you've said, it just seems like (as a businessman) you are shooting yourself in the foot. I've even hypothesized that you are actually a disgruntled customer who is trying to harpoon Azexarms.

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe he only cares to do business with people who share his views.  That would be the most consistent position, philosphically speaking.  

Sadly, there's never going to be a shortage of customers who meet those qualifications.  I just wonder how you tell?  Is there a quiz or something?  Some kind of flag to salute?  A particular uniform?  An identifying haircut?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The good
The bad
The ugly
Simple yet profound. It was even made into a
movie.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#10]
1) Those who'll make it happen.
2) Those who'll watch it happen.
3) Those who'd better get out of the way when it happens.

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Each person is a Larry, a Mo, or a Curly.  There are no other kinds.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#12]
TREETOP and California Kid must live in
different parts of California.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I always liked the "There are only 2 types of people in the world, those that group people into 2 types and those that don't" one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
There seems to me to be two types of people on this board, those who can move on to the next rational debate (and for some the "rational" part is the toughie), and cheap-shot pindicks who think that they can intimidate me into silence.

I'd rather piss you off, and be honest, than kiss butt for a sale. My customers know, all philosophies aside, my products are built right, built to last, and beautiful.

Don't forget that Free Commerce is a two-way street. No one makes me do business with you, nor am I obligated to.

Garandman, as one who advocates violence to solve differences of opinion, I'd characterize you as a petty thug, and as such I would decline to take your money, as I would decline to have you in possession of any weapon with my companies name on it.

Besides, after my 40 some posts on here, I'm sure all three of you assumptive human Colostomy bags know all there is to know about me. LOL! D.

PS, I once asked in Dumping Brass forum on FAL Files if I should make up a new "nom de guerre" for the firefights on that forum. I was assured that only shallow dicks would even bring up something as petty as a rift of opinion to bear on an important decision like the purchase or a weapon or smithing services. I was further assured that those who would bring such up were probably using whatever cheap-shot method they could to intimidate me into silence.

(Everybody sure loves to be right don't they?, you haven't seen me attack an individuals character, family, or business, except DikBiter, the same cannot be said for the opposition, AHH, TOLERANCE!)

I guess that such men of honor exist on FAL Files, but apparently I'm going to have to make up a new name for this den of cowards. (you know who you are) [-!-!-]

D.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top