Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 11:55:45 AM EDT
I just scanned a topic which read "Great Black Men in US history"

Just my opinion, but the American Ideal, to me, leaves out race, gender and religion as "SEPARATE" from government.

You people that feel the need comment on skin pigment or religious belief as a nice, neat divider of good vs evil are f#cking morons...

If you must segregate, do so based on an individual's actions.

Fair notice. Stupid is not OK anymore.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you just look at the topic or did you read the posts as well? I don't think the issue of color was used to differentiate between good and evil.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted: Fair notice. Stupid is not OK anymore.

View Quote

Is this a new nationial law, or just forthe purposes of this thread?
If it's law, may I suggest you put a bullet in your head, since "stupid" is defined by anyone who thinks black culture is defined by melonin. Every black I have ever spoken to agrees that there is a hell of a lot more to their race than "skin color".
But you don't see that.
Why?
Too much TV.
Free your mind.

[b]Just my opinion, but the American Ideal, to me, leaves out race, gender and religion as "SEPARATE" from government.[/b]

It indeed is. Unfortunatley, there will always be a hard resentment amongst the sucessful who are forced to intergrate with the inferior via social programs (Affirmative Action being one example)- They claim them to be our equal, yet on the other hand, they are constantly expecting them to give them distinct advantages.
It works both ways.

[b]You people that feel the need comment on skin pigment or religious belief as a nice, neat divider of good vs evil are f#cking morons...[/b]

See above re: "Pigment".

[b]If you must segregate, do so based on an individual's actions.[/b]

We weren't discussing individuals. We were discussing race.
It's only when certian races are exposed as being so inferior that the "take them all as individuals" cop-out comes into play; by those who are conditioned to blindly accept them, yet can't refute the facts about "what they are".
Try a little unprincipled realism sometime.
It will open doors in your life, and help you see things for the way they are.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This might get interesting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just scanned a topic which read "Great Black Men in US history"

Just my opinion, but the American Ideal, to me, leaves out race, gender and religion as "SEPARATE" from government.

You people that feel the need comment on skin pigment or religious belief as a nice, neat divider of good vs evil are f#cking morons...

Fair notice. Stupid is not OK anymore.

View Quote

If you were to look at the FBI crime statistics in this country(not exactly what you would call a racist source), you might revise part of your statement if you wanted to be truly honest with yourself. Hey you can call me anything you want but I didn't compile the stats, the FBI did.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#6]
nah
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#7]
very true Paul
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree that there must be a balance between empty prejudice and blanket optumism.  From my knowlege of Islam I will view those who follow it with a greater level of scrutiny not because of anything empty but because the teachings are hostile and intolerant toward unbelievers (in a physical way, unlike some other religions).  However, that does not mean I am antagonistic toward them or violent toward them individually not having previous personal contact.  Planerench out.  (the news media is about as accurate about the true nature of Islam as they are about the true nature of firearms and shooting sports enthusiasts.)
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I_LUV_CARROTS... or burnt beets, or whatever, listen veggie boy

First off... I find it comforting to see that you confuse yourself as much as you do me... could you possibly force a lucid moment and make a salient point?

Your comment…

read this once or twice ... perhaps use some of that "unprincipled realism" you seem to have in abundance….

Here's another goodie…

< Every black I have ever spoken to agrees that there is a hell of a lot more to their race than "skin color>

That would be er, um, cow excrement… the existence of a characteristic perfectly aligned with skin pigment which permits a broader view of what really is a simple problem….well, it's just not true… you are simply misguided… The premise that something exists now, as a consequence of racism, is invalid once you eliminate the root cause...sorta like saying you will have fever once the cold has run it's course..

People like you, with your nose so far up in the air you cannot escape your own "largeness" scare me.  "There will always be"…..  What a silly comment about almost anything…. If you eliminate the us and them and make everyone US, you completely invalidate your statement above as it applies to gender, race or religion...(again, pun intended, if you caught it)

< We weren't discussing individuals. We were discussing race.>

I started this topic.  Pretty damn pretentious to think you can tell me what I was discussing.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It bewilders me to read that with all that has happened recently in OUR country, the race/color issue doesn't seem to take a back seat. Osama bin Laden and his followers have declared war against America AND the American people. He has NOT stipulated a difference in strategy according to race, color or creed. Anyone who does not share his views is fair game; even Muslims who do not heed his call for "jihad" are considered to be "infidels" and subject to his wrath. The airliners that crashed into the WTC did not have a radar setting to cause casualties only amongst certain kinds of Americans; when the towers collapsed, they collapsed on everyone regardless of race, creed or color. When our soldiers and marines hit the ground in Afghanistan, the Taliban militia will be ordered to fire upon the "infidel American invaders". There won't be any distinction to shoot only at white soldiers or black soldiers or non-Muslim soldiers; an AK-47 round has no way to differentiate. Yes, we have differences and conflicts based on race, color and creed; those differences and conflicts will not disappear overnight. However, our country, while not perfect, has enemies who do not appreciate our freedoms, and would do anything to bring about this country's downfall. Our internal conflicts are petty in comparison to this threat; we need to focus our attentions on keeping our people safe, and preserving the ideals that the United States stand for.

[USA]  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
**sigh... Here we go.

[b]First off... I find it comforting to see that you confuse yourself as much as you do me... could you possibly force a lucid moment and make a salient point?[/b]

I did make a point. If you couldn't comprehend it, that's a "you" problem.

[b]

read this once or twice ... perhaps use some of that "unprincipled realism" you seem to have in abundance….
[/b]

Sorry. I forgot I have to dumb down any point that requires multi-level thinking for some people.
Maybe you will get this.

Stupid is bad. [:(]
No one wants to be stupid[:(]
You think people hate blacks becasue of thier skin[:(]
That isn't true[?]
So....

View Quote

Did you catch it this time, or do I have to use pictures?

[i]< Every black I have ever spoken to agrees that there is a hell of a lot more to their race than "skin color>[/i]

[b]That would be er, um, cow excrement… the existence of a characteristic perfectly aligned with skin pigment which permits a broader view of what really is a simple problem…[/b]

ROTFLMAO! Funny how you tried to imply I was the one who was incohearent.

[b]well, it's just not true… you are simply misguided… The premise that something exists now, as a consequence of racism, is invalid once you eliminate the root cause...sorta like saying you will have fever once the cold has run it's course..[/b]

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!
Dude. Really. I can argue and argue and argue till the cows come home. I love to do it. I can comprehend with teh best of them. You
[i]R E A L L Y[/i] are losing me here. I totally don't get what you are trying to say.

[b]People like you, with your nose so far up in the air you cannot escape your own "largeness" scare me.  "There will always be"…..  What a silly comment about almost anything….[/b]

You are right. I am an idiot to recognize basic human nature. Sorry. My fault [rolleyes]

[b]If you eliminate the us and them and make everyone US, you completely invalidate your statement above as it applies to gender, race or religion...(again, pun intended, if you caught it) [/b]

I agree. No one is arguing that if we all got along, there would be no problems. The point of contention is "can" we all get along, since, well. You know. We really never have.
Will the Arabs and the Israeli's ever be able to co-exist?
I would like to think so, but thousands of years of history say otherwise...
You way mash your hands together and WISH WISH WISH! we could all just get along...
You may do your personal best to embrace everyone... But it never has, isn't, or ever work in the harmony you blind idealists think it will. We are far too flawed a creature to ever live that way. One of the catalysts that shows that is race.

[b]< We weren't discussing individuals. We were discussing race.>

I started this topic.  Pretty damn pretentious to think you can tell me what I was discussing.[/b]

Apparently you needed, and still do need a reminder, so here you go.

View Quote

That precludes any discussion of "race"-
I agree fully that this isn't the place to discuss race, but i'll be damned if i'll let a bunch of brainwashed fucking zombies only tell one side of the storyberg that have been programmed to spout off with.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#13]
CQB171 - Got it.

Carrots... sorry, can't save everyone... but I try...

Your last response to me sums it up perfectly...the one about individuals and your marvelous ability to simply ignore what I'm saying and repeat yourself....

The one common theme you do seem to stick to is..."dwell on the past AND learn nothing, so that it might endlessly repeat"...is this comforting to you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top