Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 12:17:13 PM EDT
Up until 2 hours ago I really have been calm about all the recent events. But in the last two hours I'm stating to get worried.

2 soldiers shot at Ft Dix in New Jersey. Police serching for man in camo uniform. They're saying no terrorist activity is suspected.

[url]http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,36381,00.html[/url]

- NBC employee tests positive for anthrax. The exposure was SEPTEMBER 25! They're just letting us know now!?

Listening to a radio show here in NY someone called up who is a regular on the show and says that they've been confined to their building in lower Manhattan after a package with powder was found in the building. Elevators and guards in the stairwells not letting them out.

Six UH-60 Blackhawks just flew overhead  heading towards NYC. You got me on that one.

I'm drilling this weekend with my reserve unit.

At least I'll have a weapon and a functioning gas mask.

Stay safe all.

Sherm
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Was this at the barracks by the gym/processing center?
When my unit was called up in 95 we were there, and a guy who wanted to do LE work long term more than anything else in the world lost his mind and tried to break into the prison.
I wonder if that building is a problem for sanity?

Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that anywhere near Ft. Nuts?

Seriously though, I'm sure there are plenty of things going on that we will not be told about anytime soon.  In the meantime, I'm sure you have a 20,000 times higher chance of dying in a car crash than in one of these small incidents, barring of course another large "real" attack.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
"All of the sudden we heard semi-automatic rifle fire"

Sure it wasn't full auto fire there, Weapons Expert?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top