Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2001 5:21:57 AM EDT
I dont know about you people, but I find this incredibly useless and stupid. How many of you think this will really have any effect on a people that is willing to sacrifice there own lives just in the name of Allah? To them its taking the enemies food, getting stronger, and then just do the same crap all over again!
The US has been the biggest source of releif for afghanistan for many years now and the US even helped them beat back the russians! And all that wasnt good enough to keep 6000 people from getting crushed, burnt, slashed and ripped to pieces!

Screw releif, the whole country should be bombed, women, children, and especially men. Kill the disease before it just walks over the border and keeps infecting other islamic country's.

There was a story I once heard as a child that explains this simply and efficiently:

There was a river, with a strong current, and a snake wanted to cross but the water was too powerfull for him to do it. While trying to figure out how to get across, he noticed a Bear getting across with ease. When he seen this he rushed to the Bear and said "Can you please take me across this river? its too strong for me." So the Bear said "But if I take you across, you will bite me!" but then the snake said "I sware I wont, I really need to get across." So the gentle bear took the snake onto his back and began to cross. Half-way there the snake bites the Bear and the Bear says "Why did you do that? You swore you wouldnt and now we will both die in the current." The snake then respondes "I'm sorry, its my nature."
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
[-=(_)=-][-=(_)=-][-=(_)=-]

O-look my releif is ther too![:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
[marines]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the air drop of food is more political than practical.  They claim satelliate show that the food is "getting to the right people".  Before the food supplies were trucked into Afghan, now the only way to supply them is via air.  Also the US gave the largetst humantarian aid to Afghanistan, so some responsibility is involved.  On the yellow MRE pack it reads, "food gift from the people of United State of American."; it's another form of air dropping leaflets...

If they really want to get the food to the enemy, they would include a fortune cookie w/ each meal telling them, you just ate pork and you're gonig to hell. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top