Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 5:19:34 AM EDT
In the early 90's when Hasbro reintroduced 12" GI Joe action figures, they made Destro and Snake Eyes figures.  Neither of these characters ever had their real faces shown on the TV show or in the comics.  The masks on the action figures appeared to be removable.  So, if you had one of those action figures, could you remove the mask and see what Destro or Snake Eyes "really" looked like?
(Landon, my money is on you to be the one who has the answer to this.)
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Snake-Eyes figure, and the mask is not removable, so I would assume that Destro's isn't either.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither had removable masks,  I remember blowing up the figures with some blackpowder a few years back...

I thought that they showed snakeeyes face in the comicbook at some point in the past... I seem to remember it was all the rage on the playground sometime in elementary school.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you're correct in that they did show Snake-Eyes face in the comic.  I'll have to check my collection and get back to you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have that comic, but it's buried in my parent's attic.  Funny, but now that I'm trying to think of it I can't remember what the big deal was with his face...
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember one of my students telling me that Snake-Eyes was scarred (burns?) and that was the reason for his mask.  I don't remember why Destro always wore one.  While we're on the topic, did they ever show Cobra Commander's face?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Snake-Eyes face was burned, helicopter accident I think.  They did show Cobra Commander's face at one point.  Destro just wore a mask cuz it looked cool I think.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Cobra commanders face was for annonymity, though how could you hide with a voice like that?  And is it wrong that Barroness got me hot back then?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cobra commanders face was for annonymity, though how could you hide with a voice like that?  And is it wrong that Barroness got me hot back then?

God Bless Texas
View Quote

I was in my late 20's when that show was on; I thought about a threesome with the Baroness and Lady Jane.

Re:Cobra Commander
How did such a cowardly fvck-up whose plans were NEVER ONCE brought to fruition ascend to the top of the world's most powerful international organization of bad guys?  You'd think one of his more capable underlings would have done away with him and taken the helm.  While we're at it, did any of you think some of the bad guys (e.g. Dreadnocks) who were armed with chainsaws and such were pretty laughable?

Duke: "Hey Flynt, look about 150 yards out dead ahead.  Some clown with a chainsaw is charging at us.  Do you want to shoot him or shall I?"
Flynt: "You shoot him.  I had to shoot the guy who was armed with a squirtgun full of toxic waste."
[Duke shoulders M16A2 and drops Dreadnock with a single head shot while he is still about a 115 yards away.]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#9]
G.I Joes rocked!!!!!!!!

I still have alot of the original small figures
up in the attic, I think.

Snake eyes face was shown in a few issues
of the comic book.

What made me laugh was the general lack or
messed up ranks.

Flint gave orders to Lady Jane{his main squeeze}
PROBLEM:Technically Flint was a warrant officer
and Lady jane was a LT.

I just love remebering how NCO's and WO's
fighter jets.

Oh,and Ace the main pilot(who was a captain}
took orders from Duke who was a sergeant(staff,
I think}

But,no,snake eyes outer hockey mask came off
but his balcava was molded on the 12in figures
head.I have him and about 5 other 12 in figures

Destro I have no idea about,sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top