Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/28/2001 7:17:02 PM EDT
You guys shouldn't poke fun at Gecko45. I too work in the security field and let me tell you, it can get serious when confronting a shoplifter. In the last year I have captured approximately 30 shoplifters of which 6 were armed. I don't know where you guys live, but a large mall in a major city can be like a battleground. I still have a .25 caliber bullet lodged in my shoulder that was deemed unsafe to remove. I would like to see half of you guys try what I put up with everyday. If you can't handle it, don't come to the mall...
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
How come you didn't use your "ninja shoes" and run up the wall, across the ceiling, and down the other side to dodge the bullet?

Your employer didn't see fit to equip you with the newest tactically relavent "ninja shoes" and "quick response golf cart"?

Sorry, but if you read that post a couple times, you'll eventually figure out that it's a joke or a person with severe issues.  It shouldn't need to be explained what parts are funny and what parts aren't funny, those should be quite evident.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
 There is no doubt that some danger can be encountered in the scenario that you describe, but did you actually read all of that thread?
 GECKO is an idiot, and you sir if you harbor beliefs such as his are too.
 Nothing personal, but that is just too much to believe coming from a mall security guy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
All you non-believers laugh it up....

It won't be so funny after I butt-stroak you with my "mall-issue" 50 BMG, now will it????

"ALL YOUR MALL ARE BELONG THE NINJA!!!"
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't use "ninja shoes" and all that crap. Maybe it is a joke, I don't know, but it still can be very dangerous work. Even if you think he is an idiot, you don't have to reply with crude jokes. And this idiot has been in more gunfights then you have seen on TV.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
SF,
 You are correct and any dispersions that I have casted on you are withdrawn publicly and for all time.
 I should have worded my response diferently than I did.
 You do have to admit that expecting to encounter repeated hits from a 338 Lapua in a shopping mall is a bit far fetched eh?
 I have spent rounds in anger my friend, perhaps not as many as thou, but nevertheless we are on the same page.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
A pair of MP5Ks with laser sights would be great for dressing-room clearing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on there SF that has to be a joke, just look at the e-mail in the profile.  Sometimes we joke around here, it lightens things up.[;)]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Clearing dressing rooms are the least of my concerns. Now if one was to leave a dressing room wearing a garment which was not paid for under their own clothing, it would be my job to detect and apprehend said suspect. I have done this hundreds of times and have encountered armed suspects in the process. It's all fun until you are staring down the barrel of a scared shoplifter's weapon.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
What The Sam Hell Is A Mall Issued 50 Common You Guys (Mall Security ) Are Almost The Funniest Thing Ive Seen Leave Real Security To The Police And Go Back To Fondling Your Night Stick And Looking At Teenagers!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Screw the "quick response golf cart."  Every good mall security team needs one of these in its inventory.
[img]http://www.gunnery.net/warwagon/ww2-1.jpg[/img]
You can't be too prepared against those punks at the mall video game arcade!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Screw the "quick response golf cart."  Every good mall security team needs one of these in its inventory.
[img]http://www.gunnery.net/warwagon/ww2-1.jpg[/img]
You can't be too prepared against those punks at the mall video game arcade!
View Quote

HK ... you got neat toys dude !!! LOL ... I'm sittin' shotgun .... oops ... no I'm sittin' MACHINEGUN [:D]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I need one of those quad security carts how do I order one?  .50 cal's are nice to take out pesky rodents.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]
HKocher,
Even though I am not mall security, do you think I could get one of those too?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, now this is a funny thread.  I was mall security guard in a large city for a few months after I left the Corps.  I gotta say, that was the most boring BS job I've ever had.  

I didn't even have a good 'ol fashioned aluminum mag light or a can of pepper spray,  just a pile of wrinkle proof polyester I still joke about calling a "uniform".

Mall security jobs suck.  If you want to take a bullet because of some teeny bopper trying to lift a cool shade of lipstick, be my guest.  Me, I had a radio and the common sense to call someone who gives a shit.

[:D]

Those were simpler times.... and I'm glad they are gone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
S.F. Holy cow man, how'd ya know I was trying to steal that underwear. you know as well as I do if ya aint got no underwear on the gun slips way down. Its easier than trying to steal a holster.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
That trailer is goofy but the 4-wheeler wouldn't be a bad idea in the parking lot. Better mobility than our trucks and of course the gun is intimidating.

Times have changed, alright. Where I work you HAVE to be armed in order to be hired. That is why the pay is much higher now.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#17]
YardDogOne, if I even suspected you were armed and shoplifting I would disarm you before you even knew what hit you. I can smell a gun across the store.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Mcguyver Would Be Proud Of You Guys !!Dont Security Say In Event Of Robbery To Let Them Take What They Want So Big Buiss. Is Not Liable For The 200,000,000,000.00 Dollar Lawsuit I Slap On Them Because You Want To Be A Hero And My Kid Gets Hit From Your Ninja Star And Is In A Comma! Or Burns She Suffers From Your Napalm Pocket Flame Throwers? Iam Just Curious.
                 GATOR
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Gator, why do you capitalize every word you write? It must take you forever to post something.

No, I don't worry about a lawsuit because I don't use that stupid crap you speak of. If someone leaves with our goods without paying, then they comply with my orders or I simply take them down fast. I have every right to do this. Crime stops here at our mall. No lawsuits have ever been filed. Shoplifters are afraid to challenge our position on this matter.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a pretty good nose too and I smell a wannabee who has watched too many episodes of "Cops"!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I can smell a gun across the store
View Quote

I can smell my dog's farts from across the living room, does that count for anything???

DizzyR, sorry it's not my toy.  I wish!  I only have a Huffy with a Tec9 duct taped to the handle bars.  I'm trying to upgrade, but mom won't up my allowance.[%|]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Somebody post the "Mall Ninja" thread so this guy knows whats so fuckin` funny, and don`t end up a unwhitting victim.[x]PS, You don`t think he`d be stupid enough to come back for a second beating,do you?
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#23]
HKocher I'm in the same boat, but all I have is a Big Wheel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Normally I would pass on such a stupid topic but having met Mall Police in uniform attending gun shows trying to act all official and stuff make me laugh so hard.

My guess is you spend most of your time hanging around the Body Piercing/Tatoo shop trying to pick up jail bait boys/girls
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude, get real. I'm 6'5 275lbs and crapped a turd your size this morning. I would rip your ears off and stick them in your back pocket so that you could hear me kick your ass!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeese Dave, Don`t be shy! Say what you think! Sad part is, most of the young ones on the PD`s ain`t no better. They created they us and them mentality. Somethings seriously fucked when our PD`s refer to us as civilians. Blaze away LEO`s!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I am not on a Police Department. The Police do nothing but haul off our trash and they get all the credit. I am part of an elite security unit that most cops wouldn't want to join.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dude, get real. I'm 6'5 275lbs and crapped a turd your size this morning. I would rip your ears off and stick them in your back pocket so that you could hear me kick your ass!
View Quote

That must have hurt! - knew you were full of something.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#29]
What every elite mall security "operator" should be concerned about:

"What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape "solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go
to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and "catch the rounds" while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up."

"Right now I'm taping the ASP to my right calf (the left calf is where I have my G27)."

"We use modified electric vehicles and can be anywhere on a given floor within eight and a half minutes."

"Basically, the situation is that we get the call, we lock up the situation, put everything five by five, and cordon the area until the local authorities arrive. We're cops, we just don't get the glory.

I am writing a proposal to replace our current Mossberg/Smith armament with the following:

3) MP5K-PDW with red-dot sights;
2) G36 rifles using SS109 rounds;
3) Glock practical tacticles in .357 Sig
1) PSG-1 using Fed Gold Medal .308
1) Starlight scope for the PSG-1 in case we
lose power in the building.
3) Glock 27 backup guns
3) Kahr P-9 holdouts"

Just a typical day in the life of a mall "operator" who is out to combat scores of radical right wing "mall terrorists."

I'm still trying to shake the mental picture of a person running across their front lawn with two ceramic plates as they try to cover their head while ducking out of the way of the bullets but because they can't see where they're going, they run out in front of a Peterbuilt semi-truck and get splattered all over the road.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Yo! SpecMallForce, My guess is you`re half a step above V.F.D., and thats only because you get paid. Maybe your RRT ought to consider getting a surplus M-113 ADA w/ 20MM vulcan to provide better standoff and reduced risk from Nike nappers! Sheeeet, there I go, rappin`n`rymin!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I would settle for 870's with extended mags and Sig 226's with factory 20 rounders both equipped with laser sights. We should also be in plainclothes for survellience purposes.

Oh yeah, and AR15's for lot work outside. Can anyone recommend an AR that's best for a 300 yard head shot? We have a large lot. Would an AR10 be more suitable?    
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I've got to get some sleep. See you girls later...
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#33]
SpecialForces,

Just to be on the safe side because I don't want you ripping my ears off and sticking them where they shouldn't be....sleep tight and have sweet dreams of kicking some perp's ass.

Goodnight
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:30:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:35:35 AM EDT
[#35]
(I am soooo, soooo scared to go to my local Mall...such danger! how can I defend myself? Sooo, sooo scared!)
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I need to throw this in to our wannabee (I really hope he doesn't make "member" based on this thread).

(I started to type some big, long response about shooting if someone out of uniform approached me in a store with a laser sighted handgun, because they represent a clear and present danger to myself or my family, but I think this sums it up:)

Did anyone here see the movie "Scary Movie"?

Remember Officer Doofy?  Does it strike you that our boy here is very much like that?

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am not on a Police Department. The Police do nothing but haul off our trash and they get all the credit. I am part of an elite security unit that most cops wouldn't want to join.
View Quote

Is that why you have the time to post? They (the Police) hauled out you and the rest of the Mall trash?

Elite Security Unit????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!....hiccup!

All Your Elite Security Unit Are Belong To Us

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:44:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Hahahaha
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:02:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Kinda reminds me of Barney Fife.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kinda, yes. But I think that Barney Fife had an IQ higher than 50...

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
So what 18-series MOS covers mall security anyway?
View Quote

18-OICU812...

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#44]
WHY are you people responding to this thread?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:53:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Why am I reading this thread?
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
WHY are you people responding to this thread?
View Quote

Because stuff like this is better than the Sunday Funnies!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Because you are ' the prisoner' and wish you could attain the 'special ninja shoes' level of Ninja Mall Training to escape your precarious situation?:)
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#48]
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#49]
You guys are just jealous.

And, we don't wear "gay" uniforms. I wear black BDU's and combat boots although I wish we were plainclothes so I could infiltrate the punks plotting to steal from us.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder how often they let him polish his bullet?
Wouldn't the Mall Ninja Tabi boots be more comfortable?

Is this considered FTT's?
Lynn [uzi]    [%|]         [rail]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top