Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 2:14:28 PM EDT
Am wondering about storing loaded mags? Do they become weak? Should I rotate them? weekly or otherwize, anyone have any input on this one? Thank's, dumb,but learning fast! Norm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It is my understanding that keeping mags loaded doesn't weaken the springs, it's when mags are continuosly loaded and unloaded.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No need to rotate those mags! You will just weaken the springs by doing so.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Load them up and leave them ready for action.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Keeping them loaded or loading and unloading them shouldn't affect the spring strength at all. Metals aren't affected that way (short of multi-million cycle fatigue failures, which usually only happen in rotating shafts and the like.)

I'd worry more about corrosion of the ammo or dirt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
As an old acquaintance formerly an armorer in the USMC told me once about M16s, and anything involved with them, "Just shoot the f&*#ers- they always work!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
This Norm guy, if that's his real name, must be a REAL [newbie].  From his question, I also suspect that he's probably of Norwegian heritage as well! [whacko]
[peep]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I have a bit of the old norski in me, I think I got that from our mom, you butt head. Thanks to all of you guys for the input! I'll take you advice. As for you, waltere, you should rotate you mags several times a day as I know you work for the goverment and have'nt got anything else to do, and what the hell, you'll get paid for it. ha. ha. Norm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top