Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 1:49:38 PM EDT
[url]http://www.kitcomm.com/comments/gold/2001q4/2001_10/1011011.172734.hashimeee.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
"I despise the military."

-- Bill Clinton

Fortunately, we have someone as president now who respects teh military.

Bush said yesterday to the DoD - "You WILL have everything you need to fight this war."

'Bout time.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to say it but it goes beyond the military.  For the last several decades we have been witnessing the feminization of manhood in general.

In today's society, if you act like a real man then you are perceived as either being a big dumb doofus or an arrogant chauvanist pig.

Look at it everywhere you turn.  Especially on TV.  Go watch your sitcoms and tell me how the men are portrayed.  Most of them behave like sniveling little bitches.  What really irks me is the popularization of homosexuals on TV shows.  They are portraying this as acceptable and tolerable on shows that are targetted to teens and children early in the evening.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
On the money, ump45.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
A cultural war is being waged, and conservative values are loosing.  There is no question that the writers/directors/producers have an agenda.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For the last several decades we have been witnessing the feminization of manhood in general.

In today's society, if you act like a real man then you are perceived as either being a big dumb doofus or an arrogant chauvanist pig.
View Quote

An irony is that the most common factor in the backgrounds of violent criminals is the lack of a strong father figure -- not race, socioeconomic class, abuse, etc. So the very thing that these Rosie O types are crying out against is the one thing that boys NEED growing up to keep their heads on straight.

What really irks me is the popularization of homosexuals on TV shows.  They are portraying this as acceptable and tolerable on shows that are targetted to teens and children early in the evening.
View Quote

I can't speak to that but I find it also ironic that this supposedly more accepting way of looking at things refuses to accept that men should be allowed to behave as men. If we don't accept what is being popularized, we're closed minded Neanderthals. If they don't accept what we have to say, it's BECAUSE we're closed minded Neanderthals. In my world, that wreaks of hypocrisy.

Fortunately, our President seems as though he understands that our military is not designed to be the Peace Corps. Maybe kids today will get the chance to grow up with real heroes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Chicks dont mow. Not the sane ones anyway.

[img]http://www.vwip.org/images/air/vwip04.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"I despise the military."

-- Bill Clinton
View Quote

You just scared the crap out me reminding me of this.

Can you IMAGINE the mess we would be in with big AL and/or BUBBA at the helm?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top