Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 7:22:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone on the news was describing a cluster bomb as a 5000lb bunker bomb, being able to penetrate 100 feet or more before exploding.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Good pics dude.  Can you link us to any more??
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's the only other one:

Shindand Field After:

[img]http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/gallery/attack.targets/shindand.after.jpg[/img]

Looks like the USAF needs to go back & hit the runways more. Most of those craters seem to be on the taxiway.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
It could be that our own military has plans to make use of that runway some time in the future, deny access or use to the enemy but not deny use to our own forces.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I was reading somewhere that the Russians would paint thier runways with "crater" marks and other damage on the tarmac to make an enemy think it was just a bombed out old airfield. That may or maynot be true but I know I saw it somewhere.

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Looks like the USAF needs to go back & hit the runways more. Most of those craters seem to be on the taxiway.
View Quote

No. No. This kind of light damage is deliberate. The U.S force will capture this airfield and will use it as our own at a later date (less fixing to do).
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was reading somewhere that the Russians would paint thier runways with "crater" marks and other damage on the tarmac to make an enemy think it was just a bombed out old airfield. That may or maynot be true but I know I saw it somewhere.
View Quote

The Brits were some of the best at it during WWII they covered some of the rivers and canals with coal dust and on a moon lite night they looked like roads to the Nazi bombers, totaly screwing up their navigation and what they wanted to bomb.
there is much more just dig into history, everything from the trojan horse to current spook stuff.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
i saw new pictures of the missle sites today after bombing it again--they said that the missles were still intact until they bombed it again...now they're are black holes where the missles were....Dick
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]
The Pentagon just released footage about two hours ago of a attack yesterday on a sam site.

It was wild. A big firey explosion that looked like a white phosphorous bomb going off. Then the WSO operating the camrera panned down and caught a sam spinning wildly on the ground in a pinwheel and tracked it for what had to be half a kilometer across the desert befor it blew up. It was wild. And it was pretty cool that they were able to track that spinning missile as they flew at several hundred knots AWAY from the target at the same time.

And anyone in the path of that pinwheeling sam had to be fucked.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Brits were some of the best at it during WWII they covered some of the rivers and canals with coal dust and on a moon lite night they looked like roads to the Nazi bombers, totaly screwing up their navigation and what they wanted to bomb.
there is much more just dig into history, everything from the trojan horse to current spook stuff.
View Quote

The brits also built huge bon fires out in the country, drawing bombers away to what they thought were burning cities
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]
They even made a fake port city to drew the Germans away from the real port.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

No. No. This kind of light damage is deliberate. The U.S force will capture this airfield and will use it as our own at a later date (less fixing to do).
View Quote

I thought that might be the case.

Marine Harriers don't need much runway do they? [:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone notice that the quality of the airstrike footage seems to be of lesser quality than from the Gulf war?

My memory might be fading a bit though..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top