Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 4:27:27 PM EDT
Saw a good documentary on the BBC about Afghanistan and the Taliban.  I couldn't get over how chaotic it is, just like that Mad Max film back in the late 80s.  I always thought that film was kinda "out there" but seeing a part of the world turn out that way in real life gave me pause.  They really are sick bastards.  Not much different than the American frontier in the late 1800s though.  Just a lot more high-tech weaponry and religious zealotry. "The Wild East".

I still think the bombings are more for the American public--so we think the government is giving them hell.  Hardly the truth.  They survived worse under the Soviets--even chemical warfare attacks.  They're going to give us a run for our money before this is over.  We'll be lucky if this country doesn't come to resemble theirs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top