Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 6:03:25 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I have a Gov't Carbine R6520. Highly desirable and collectable. My ony regret is that it has the dreaded Colt tumor inside...the SEAR BLOCK.

Should I have Kurt/KKF do surgery to remove this growth and let her have the fun she was born to have?

Or should I leave it 100% genuine Colt?

How much of a desire to purchase a gun like this would you have?

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd leave it.

Personnaly I would rather have one that hasn't been mucked with...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree. It would hurt the "collector value".
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The only way that this Colt is "very highly collectable" is if it's a green label, push-pin front pivot, mag fence, bayo lug, 1 in 7" chrome-lined, and has standard sized trigger and hammer pins. These DO exist and they are the really collectable ones. They also have "Government Carbine" on the label.

Otherwise...they are relatively easy to come across. With that in mind, I'd spend the money on it accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one that's only been taken out of the box to look at and wipe down. I'd say leave it just as it came from Colt. It'll probably be worth more that way.  My .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top