Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 10:36:19 AM EDT
Rotating and taking inventory. Powerbar from 1998. Can't tell the difference between a new one! Hell, it might have been sitting on the self for a year before that.

Any good stories of food prep, or comsumption?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a ten year old bottle of Heineken if you want it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother-in-law tasted a beer (don't remember what kind) that sat in the under seat cooler of our boat for one year while in storage.  [puke]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, thats what the "born on date" is for!

After a year, they become TARGETS.

[beer] [50]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a ten year old bottle of Heineken if you want it.
View Quote

How about a bottle of soju from 1984?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
They bought a big bag of tootsie rolls from costco to give out at halloween. It lasted 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a Balut egg I've saved from 1991 that I'll let you have.
[puke]
View Quote

I ate some of those while I was in PI..not bad at all [whacko]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 2:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got a Balut egg I've saved from 1991 that I'll let you have.
[puke]
View Quote

I ate some of those while I was in PI..not bad at all [whacko]
View Quote

I dunno what those are, but I once ate a Chinese preserved egg and almost puked.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to long ago I drank a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer that my Grandad bought in 1978. He must have bought it and forgot about it, he never was much of a drinker. We found it after he died and the box was dated then, he dated everything. I tasted ok, plus I made $500.00 on a bet to drink it all.[devil]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a can of tab off the first production run. Also a can on "new" coke off the first production run.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
About 10 years ago, me and a buddy went for firewood in the local national forest. On the way out of the woods we were thirsty, having drank all our water hours before.  We stopped next to a small river to fish for a few minutes before heading home. I saw something shiny sticking out of the dirt about 20 feet away. It was an old beer can. I poked it out of the sand with my foot, and it was full! The sun had bleached out all the markings on the top side...it was all silver, like a Coors can.  The bottom side said "Pabst Blue Ribbon"  We were really thirsty....I said "You try it.." He said, "No you try it.."   So, one of us popped the top and hesitantly took a sip.  It was as sweet as the nectar of the God's. The best beer I ever drank. No telling how many years it had lain there in the sand...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, one of us popped the top and hesitantly took a sip.  It was as sweet as the nectar of the God's. The best beer I ever drank. No telling how many years it had lain there in the sand...
View Quote

So, darlin'.....tell us....which one of you was brave enough to take the first sip?  [;)]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
OOOOOOO...Look at all the Pretty Colors!
[whacko]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I've eaten a pound of bacon that was 3 months PAST its expiration date. [:O] It was fine - even smelled fresh.

Salty meat, vacuum packed and kept in refrigerator.  What the heck?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't think hot dogs qualify for salty meats. When I was around 13, I decided to eat some hot dogs for lunch. I was really hungry so I grabbed 2 from the package put a hot dog bun over each and microwaved for a minute. Lots of ketchup, mustard and relish. They tasted kinda funny but I thought it was just the relish. Went to dinner a few hours later and had a huge meal. Woke up at 3 in the morning feeling like I was riding a centerfuge and went looking for the pepto bismol. Cut my finger on the lid, drank straight from the bottle and then proceeded to barf into the bathroom sink. There were so many chunks that the drain was getting clogged so I had scoop the stuff out with a cup and pour it in the toilet. Oh ya, I forgot to mention that stomach acid doesn't feel too good when it gets into open cuts. Took 3 days of liquid uncontrollably shooting out of both ends and sleeping on the bathroom floor before I got over it. When I finally was able to go throw out the hot dogs, the package said they were 4 weeks out of date AND THEY WERE GREEN.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top