Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 12:58:14 PM EDT
CNN is showing Al Jazzerra TV(or however they spell it) is reporting a "western plane" was shot down. our gov't says they know nothing of one of our planes being missing, but it may be British and not U.S.

WTF??
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now there should be no difference between a "US Plane" and a British one.

I hate CNN.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I hate CNN.
View Quote

They are all "ours"
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
fu#%  CNN
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
They say " A friend in need is a friend indeed " well ,  action speaks louder than words and Great Britian once again proves they are true friends.

Like the guy said they are all ours !!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Might have been a UAV, too.

There were a couple planes circling over Kabul yesterday, apparently one manned aircraft that flew off and one drone that hung around. The Taliban spent a couple hours trying to shoot down the drone, thoughtfully giving us a nice picture of where their anti-aircraft defenses are.

I figure a week or two of suppression of enemy air defenses. They don't have an integrated air defense system, but they do have a few anti-aircraft missile batteries and some AAA.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hate CNN.
View Quote

I didn't intend to impart a difference between "ours -U.S." and "ours - coalition".
and the report I saw didn't either. they were saying the Afghans claimed to have shot a plane down...and U.S. command could not confirm one of the U.S. planes was shot down, but that if a plane had been shot down, it _could_ have been British.

I hope it was a remote, or one of their own MiG pilots trying to get away.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope it was a drone, etc., as well.

But you [u]know[/u] that there will inevitably be some causalties in this operation.

I'm confidant, however, that the American Public will not get so quickly disillusioned when it happens, as on occasion it has in the past.  I have never seen such a spirit as has been raised in our nation!

And for the airmen/soldiers/sailors who may be lost in this conflict, I am certain that we know 300 of 'NYC's bravest' who will lead them safely 'home.'

Eric The(NeverForget!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
No Allied aircraft shot down yet.

The Taliban keep saying they did, but so far the DoD says no.

While its reasonable to expect aircraft downed, so far it seems we were lucky. And they may have shot down a RPV and are mistaking it for a aircraft.

The British sent no aircraft this night, only Tomahawks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top