Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2001 10:14:43 PM EDT
First, it's a wonderful site, you do a wonderful job, you're a wonderful guy, and all that usual stuff. [:D]

But:

One tiny little thing could be improved, I think.  If the cookies for "last time visited" could be for each individual board, rather than one global one for everything?

Reasoning:  I don't necessarily hit the BIY board every time that I read the GD board.  In fact, I've been lazy lately and sometimes have skipped the BIY board for days at a time (to my detriment -- I could've called TapCo on Friday if I'd read the board Thursday night).  So, if the cookie is global to all boards (the current situation), I lose track of what I haven't seen on the BIY board if I look at the GD board.
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about the same thing today.
How about it GB??

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saving a value per forum is a bit much... the overhead on 15k people and 20 forums is rough...

]=)
View Quote

??  Are you storing the data at AR15.com?  I thought these were just browser cookies.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the cookies translate code retained by  the server as to which threads were active when you last visited.

The cookie puts the info on your computer- the AR15.com servers make the code translations which give you the little "Pink" folders for new threads.

Plus, AR15.com is a government institution, meant to compile dossiers on gun owners.

Don't lie Cleatus [:p]
We all know it's true [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top