Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2001 9:20:37 PM EDT
Getting a little out of hand !!
Saw a news clip[KTLA] just a minute ago of hundreds of people stripping a storefront..
Prime example of why I need a High Cap!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?!?!?

[img]cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/diablo/DRUIDD.GIF[/img]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Why????
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I know im not trippin here ??
I saw the news report breifly enough to see a bunch of people trashing and looting this store?

I heard the news guy say people were rioting and looting in Philli''There's clearly damage ,
Im looking around for more info
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a Marti Gra celabration that went crazy??
thats what they told me when I called the station.
It will replay
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
OK just saw it on ABC news. Mardi Gras celebration went hay wire. Looting. Saw a car plowing through the crowd too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
News here in mid Ca. is saying the same thing happened up in Fresno awhile ago.

Something like 15k people on the streets when they started to get out of hand.
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
15K!
Thats alot of mag changes!lol![}:D]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
LT
?"
If you were in a urban assault vehicle? and were confronted like that in a angry crowd? would you do the same thing?

I would.
If you didnt? you would end up like roger denny?'remember him? the guy in the truck in the La riots..
whatshisface football?? hit him in the face with a brick?
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
not sure if it was roger though ??I know his name was Denny??

anyway I would be a fearin for my life at that point!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Reginald Denny

damm edit isnt workin again!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah I will be flooring it. No doubt about that.
[img]cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/diablo/DRUIDD.GIF[/img]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Gotta save up for an LAV.

ACGUNNER
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#14]
"I am glad I live in the sticks."

Me too!
[^]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Since when have they celebrated MArdi Gras (a Catholic celebration) in Philadelphia?  Philadelphia's a stronghold of WASPness.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Some people really suck!
I live in Philly and every time more than a couple hundred people get together there's  rioting and looting. It used to be just the locals tore the city apart but now we get people coming from all around the city to tear the place apart.
The truly sad thing is that a majority of the people just want to have a good time and unfortunately you can't keep the A$$HOLES away.
Same thing happens when they have the Greek Picnic in the summer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
UPDATE:
Just saw a clip on FOX news about a similar incedent in Seatle. Cops just stood there and watched, claiming they couldnt do anything and that it was sickening to see, while people where beating-up each other.
To serve and protect myass.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess they forgot to stock up on teargas canisters
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#19]
But they will train like a mofo with flash bangs
for entrys
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#20]
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Police on horseback charged thousands of Mardi Gras revelers after the celebration turned violent early Wednesday. Another Mardi Gras turned violent across the country in Seattle and about 40 people were injured.

More than 200 people were arrested in Philadelphia. Two of those injured in Seattle were described as in severely critical condition.

In Philadelphia, revelers smashed windows, and dozens of people looted a liquor store and other businesses on South Street, a trendy stretch of bars and shops at the edge of downtown. It took police about an hour to clear the street.

``Disappointing is the only word I can think to say,'' city managing director Joe Martz said as he walked down the trash-strewn street early Wednesday. ``It's disgraceful.''

Seattle police broke up the crowd there with pepper spray and said at least 21 people were arrested on charges that included assault, rioting, reckless endangerment and hit-and-run driving. New Orleans' Mardi Gras celebration, however, was largely peaceful.

Philadelphia's club district was littered with broken glass, empty beer cans, overturned trash receptacles and newspaper boxes, and a few lace bras. City Councilman Frank DiCicco said people acted like ``wild animals.'' Late Tuesday, despite temporary barricades designed to keep pedestrians on the sidewalk, crowds poured into the street. Eventually, police gave in and closed the street to vehicles instead of trying to push back the partiers.

Many of the bars, some of which had opened at 7 a.m., closed hours before the 2 a.m. closing time. Just after 11 p.m., police began to slowly clear the street with a line of police on bicycles and horses. After advancing about four blocks into the heart of the club district, they were assaulted with bottles from revelers who stood their ground, police said.

``What happened here tonight that disturbed me was the viciousness with the bottles,'' Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Frank Pryor said. ``We didn't touch anyone. We were very nice to them. But it seems they wanted a confrontation with the police.''

In Seattle, as many as 2,000 people crowded into the streets near a theater that held a midnight grand ball, and six to eight were arrested for investigation of assault and other violations, Officer Pam McCammon said. One was carrying a gun, she said.

A number of fights broke out that police did not try to break up for the officers' own safety, she explained. ``I saw some people, I got in the middle of it, next thing I knew people were pulling me out saying I was bleeding,'' said Chris Shirley, 26, of Seattle, whose face was bloodied. More arrests were made early Wednesday, but McCammon said she did not have any numbers. Two cars were overturned and at least two storefronts were smashed.

On Friday and Saturday nights, some Seattle revelers threw rocks, bottles and firecrackers at police, broke car windows and smashed six storefronts. Police responded with pepper spray and flash grenades, and made some arrests.

Authorities in Austin, Texas, canceled their Mardi Gras parade after 69 people were arrested and 31 others injured during a weekend outbreak of violence by partygoers.

Most of the Philadelphia arrests were for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and fighting. Most of the defendants received $300 fines. DiCicco said police acted responsibly considering ``most people come with the full intention of being drunk and disorderly.''

``You can h
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe it will spread and we can finally get this thing over with before I'm too old. I can't run too fast or shoot straight from a walker!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Reddog6,

Check with Kurt at the Kurt's Kustom forum.  He'll fix you up with a "Walker Mount" for your AR15.

[:)]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure glad Pa. came to its senses and allows CCW even in Philly, but I'm sure not inclined to ever go there. I too live out in the sticks. They used to allow CCW everywhere but in cities with 1 million or more population. When they realized how little sense that made, they changed the CCW law. The rest of Pa. is AOK in my book though!

And anyone who thinks Philly is a WASP stronghold is grossly misinformed!  Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. It's one big dump.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#24]
News photos should be put up (as they usually are) and the guilty taken out and shot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmmmm...if I knew that was going on in Philly I would have taken a drive on 76 today.  It's always nicer to see it happening live versus a playback on the local news.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
What you guys need is the South African "Blaster-equipped" flame throwing BMW.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1327583&a=11832635&p=42287837[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1327583&a=11832635&p=42287834[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1327583&a=11832635&p=42287831[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1327583&a=11832635&p=42287829[/img]

To view a QuickTime movie clip of the Blaster in action, see:

[url]www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car[/url]

Get your Blaster at:

[url]www.blaster.co.za[/url]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I gotta get one of those for my z71!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Philly a WASP stronghold? Har! Har! Not for about 70 years. As for the "riot", that's a joke. Just another Saturday night in South Philly. Fact that the "rioters" tried to turn over a TV (Vulture) news van is what got the media's panties in a bind. Anyway, from the arrest reports, most of the "rioters" came from South Jersey - Washington Township, to be more specific. Out in the sticks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Sh!t like this happens all the time and no wonder guns owners will never relinquish their firearms if not stock some more. I saw the L.A. riot on TV and out I go to buy my first gun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally posted by: [red] butthead [/red]  
UPDATE: Just saw a clip on FOX news about a similar incedent in Seatle. [red] Cops just stood there and watched, claiming they couldnt do anything and that it was sickening to see, while people where beating-up each other.  To serve and protect my ass. [/red]  
View Quote

The police aren't there for individual protection, nor are they required by law to do so.  Federal Court Case "Bowers vs. DeVito" 686 F.2d 616 (1982) states: "Individual citizens have no right to protection."  Personal protection is up to the individual.  If the police are outnumbered, and it's a mob riot type situation, it would be suicide to try to enter the crowd and break up the individual fighting.  That is what concealed carry is all about.   [uzi] [frag] [rocket] [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#31]
All the news clips showed guys beating on girls.  This one guy kept chasing the girl and hitting her, then a group kept hitting a single girl.  WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top