Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2001 5:08:13 PM EDT

1st post...been lurking for awhile.

I've got an Aimpoint 5000 on my Colt Anaconda and it works really well, especially for fast target acquisition (deer hunting, plates, bunny rabbits etc)
I'm considering putting one on my flattop Bushmaster (16" bbl). Love shooting plates with the shorty but the open sights just aren't fast enough for me, especially when its overcast.
Plus I'm wondering if the front sight will show up in the sight picture, as the Aimpoint has no magnification.
Anyone use one on an AR before? What mounting system was used?
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got an AImpoint CompM on my flattop Carbine.

The CompM and it's associated mounts are designed for this application, so it's a good fit.

If you like the red dots, you will not be dissappointed.

I mounted mine with the AImpoint Rail Grabber. Yes, you can see the front sight and no, it doesn't interfere with target accquisition.
The sight is very fast and clear, the mount clean and solid, easy on & off, with accurate return to zero.

Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint 5000 on ARMS 19 on flattop.11.5 barrel. I shoot better with the Aimpoint than with my L2A2 SUIT sight on the same rifle. This is THE battle sight! I also have the flattop iron sight. The only problem is that I have left the thing on and run the battery down twice. Its really time I invented a dual battery setup for it so that you always have a backup ready just flip a switch.Accuracy with the 11.5 is very consistant at less than 1/2" at 50 yds. At 100 it spreads out to 3". 3MOA DOT
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
welcome Vortex.Keep your powder dry, your barrel clean and keep your focus. There are lot of dipshits on this page!
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Grimshaw, thanks for the heads up on the Mcdipshit status.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top