Powerful nexus!

Time to dig out the ol DSMR III
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Battered hell! They can eat me raw!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it sucks.

To keep on with the analogy, the Republicans are our meal ticket.  They will slap us around to make macho points with their buddies the Demorats, but that is generally as far as they go, "independent thinkers" excluded of course.

If we shacked up with the libertarians, we would be gangbanged by the two 400 lb gorillas while our meek protector raises his voice in protest.

In short, get a grip.  The Republican party is a "big tent - aaaaaak!" and has a tough crowd to please at times.  The worst you can do is to stay home on election day or protest vote with a fringe party that will never amount to a hill of beans.  I love several of Pat Buchanins positions, but I will never vote for him if it means the defeat of a Republican again.  Perot has always been a joke except when it comes down to aiding and abetting Demorats.        
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Tp Pogo

libertarian ideals are more important than a political party. as far as being a "fringe" group, we are growing. if shacking up with Republicans because their party is big and powerfull is the only way to secure my constitutional rights then i fear the worse. too bad there aren't more Republicans like Ron Paul from texas. if Republicans cared more about perserving the constitution then they do now, they would have my vote.  

it is not important how big the libertarian party is, but how big the idea of perserving our inalienable rights are. i love the american ideal, the american dream. the libertarian party is consistent with my belief. they may be small, but i dont care. lying down with big government new world order Republicans are not going to reduce the federal government to its constitutionally mandated level.

there is not much difference between the democrat and the republican parties. flame libertarian's all you want, but the fact is; unless we go back to what this country's founding fathers contructed we will continue to our own destruction 400lb gorilla's are not.

i've met alot of Republicans who agree and disagree with me. hell even a few democrats. dont put faith in parties. parties are led by men. men are basically corrupt. put faith in idea's instead. if the idea becomes corrupt then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

[;)]

Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Libertarian, I agree with your sentiments.

However, working outside of the two party system is not going to work.  You have to stay within a party to have any effect on the governing of this country.  Unless my history is wrong, it takes a huge moral issue like slavery and several lesser ones ignored by the major players at the same time to launch a party on the permanent political scene.  Sorry, but gun control and abortion (except for demorats) are not mobilizing issues for a new political party.      

Sure, I would like my ideals to remain untainted, but I will not be steamrolled by someone who wins a PLURALITY of the votes.

Politics is a disgusting dirty game, but the winners write the history.  The South, for example, were in the right in 1861 but where did that get them?

It is disgusting to watch the major principals jockey for advantage over their counterparts in the other party, but that is the political process the world over.  That will NEVER change.  Read a good history book.

You have to fight where the battle is being fought, and pretending to be above the fray will get you nowhere.  If the libertarians fought within the Republican party, they could exert a force like the prochoicers do in the demoratic party.  No matter what you think of Roe v Wade, the prochoicers acting through the demoratic party garantee abortion on demand for the forseeable future.

With highest respect,

Pogo        
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hangfire, it's DSM IV!you've been sleeping again!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#8]
MotelBravo

Thanks for the wake up call.zzzzzzz

I still have'nt found the damm thingzzzzz

PS

My edition is the one that still defines
homosexual behavior as deviant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top