Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 12:42:27 PM EDT
I love to see flags everywhere.  The only sad part is that it took something like this to make people show pride in their country.  I love the support for our country right now but it should have already been there.  Why are we seeing flags now where they weren't a month ago?  

Also, I think there should some national broadcast on the news or article in a major newspaper or magazine with proper flag etiquette.  I've seen so many flags displayed wrong, left out in the rain, etc.  Really, people shouldn't be flying flags from the antennas of their car either right?  I was under the impression that the flag wasn't supposed to be flown in high winds.  At least they've got their flags up, it would just be nice if they were flown properly.  

God bless America!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see a problem with people putting out the flag now who didn't before. It is nice that they are out there--but you really can't expect the average person to keep them out there during "normal" times. That doesn't mean they are not patriotic.

As far as proper flag etiquette, I wondered about the flags-on-antennas myself. Some of them have gotten a bit ragged.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
US Flag etiquette:

[url]http://www.usflag.org/[/url]

[url]http://siteservice.com/features/flag_etiquitte/flag_etiquitte__usa_.htm[/url]

"I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...you really can't expect the average person to keep them out there during "normal" times.
View Quote

Why not???

That doesn't mean they are not patriotic.

View Quote

There is no such thing as a "closet patriot." How do you define "patriotism?" What THINGS do "patriots" do????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top