Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 12:33:57 PM EDT
The Jordanians rolled up the Abu Nidal organization in the late 80s by targeting the families of members. They would grab them up and have them contact their terrorist relatives. Unless they terrorists turned themselves in, the family members would disappear, having died horribly.

If the Church Amendment and the Executive Order outlawing assassination were repealed, does this country have the stomach to do what it takes to put these roaches in the ground before they can get here and do the dirty on us?

And if a cell or network is discovered already in place in America, where do you draw the line on removing them? If we put them in jail, they become a bargaining chip, but if they just disappear, who's to say what happened? Where do you draw the line?

[b]America First[/b]
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.cob1.addr.com/semperfi.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said Jarhead.  Hoorah.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If you really want to kick butt then bring back Janet Reno. She had no qualms about killing anybody who 'deserved' it.
All kidding aside I don't think the country is ready for this. "Innocent until proved guilty in a court before a jury of your peers".

Of course if an elite team with an arrest warrant were to end up killling someone trying to aprehend them.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm talking about an intelligence operation, not a law-enforcement one.

You'd never know it was happening. Of course, our HUMINT sucks. We don't have anyone on the ground, so we've already given them a head start. Hopefully, once George Tenet is run out of town on a rail, we can get an Operations-minded DCI with a stainless steel set to TCB.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the time will come when we see a mushroom cloud ascending over Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Washingtom D.C. Or perhaps 500,000 dead as the result of a biological attack. Only then will we have the stomach to fight as they fight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
What Mattja said, I agree

Joe
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sadly, ditto mattja and texasjoe.  Black ops such as Jarhead_22 have an inevitable way of reducing all involved to the lowest possible level.
Of what good is it to save ourselves if we lose our souls?
Would we not become exactly that which we despise?
View Quote

This is precisely the mindset that allowed our human intelligence abilities to degrade to the point they have. After a CIA contract player in Guatemala committed a murder that had nothing to do with the USA or the CIA at all, every foreign national recruited had to be vetted by a committee in Washington. No one wanted to be responsible for anything if there was a problem, so nothing got done and the machine broke down.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#9]
There's only one way to end it.  We won't do that.

We know who the terrorists are and were.  Kill their blood-lines.  Every last one.  Bomb to nothing the neighborhoods they lived in, the schools they went to, the mosques they attended.  Every business they worked for, every bank they ever put money in, then kill the heads of state in which they came from.

That's it.  Make that our policy from this point on forevermore.

What does this accomplish?  Simple.  Any little kid wanting to grow up and attack America will be immediately drug out of his house and shot in the street by his own parents.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not clear that they'd regard "getting medieval" on them as being a _bad_ thing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Rest assured that at this time, there are indeed actions going on that will not (and should not) make the news.  Special operations by their very nature are not for GP consumption.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jarhead_22,you don't know me, but if you did, you would NOT wish to compare me to fmr Sen. Frank Church.
Simply because I find a necessity distasteful does NOT mean I would wimp out and fail to execute what was required.
Please don't implicitly compare me, an unknown, to known scum like Church.
View Quote

I must have misunderstood your first post. I apologize if that's the case. It seemed like you were saying that if we have to break the law or act with savagery, it would not be worth it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Right on Jarhead.  I have already posted that if we bother to respond at all, the response should be spoken of in hushed tones generations from now.  Such action does not make us like them.  We would simply be executing the proper actions in the native language of the terrorist.  If you are cornered by a bully your first action is diplomacy.  If that fails and it comes to blows you are not lowering yourself to the level of the bully.  You are responding in his language.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top