Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2001 4:19:39 AM EDT
Now here's something that everyone who supports the pending anti-terrorist legislation should read and consider.

The commentary is by Joseph Farah, the Editor and CEO of worldnetdaily.com.

The link is found at:
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24741[/url]

Here are some bits of 'Our Porous Borders':

Before I sign off on my constitutional rights in this battle against terrorism, I want to see the government do its part. It has a constitutional responsibility – even in peacetime, even when our buildings are not being destroyed by terrorists, even in good times – to protect our borders from foreign invasion.

And that's what we face today. In fact, the situation has been deplorable for a long time. But, you might think that Sept. 11 would have been the wakeup call we all needed to get serious about policing our borders. Apparently not.

We need a massive infusion of support for the Border Patrol, [u]which is one of the few federal agencies way understaffed for the role it plays[/u].

"It is extremely frustrating since we have all these laws enacted but many of them are not enforced," one Border Patrol agent told me. "Our hands are tied. If a truck or other type of vehicle crashes through the border out in the remote areas of the deserts or hills and it is loaded down with illegal aliens or drugs, we aren't even allowed to pursue it! It is a joke the way things are run in this agency, and the politics of the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) make me sick."

[u]This is no longer an issue about whether poor, oppressed, underprivileged Mexicans should have a chance at a better life here in the United States. It is no longer an issue of how much we want to spend on turning back illegal aliens and drug dealers. It's no longer an issue of relations between the U.S. and Mexico. It's no longer even about which party is going to be more successful at seducing the Hispanic vote[/u].

No. All of that is over and done with. Those debates ended Sept. 11 when those planes started crashing. This border issue is not just a national security issue, it is [b]the[/b] national security issue.

Eric The(TickedOff)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
This makes perfect sense to me so I assume we will hear very little about it!!

It has always been the issue - any nation that fails to control its borders will cease to exist.

I fear the "war" on terror will be much like the "war" on drugs.  Minor fights with no concrete action.  It seems the politicians sold out long ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree Hun, also before they limit my rights and create ID cards for me to prove who I am, they should do what's prudent and necessary on our borders to keep illegals out. Especially the critters laughing and cheering Osama on   while wearing a Osama mask.

AmOTramp <~<~<:Do it for our Children :>~>~>
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I just applied to take the written test to become a Border Patrol Agent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Way to go mtnpatriot!  

Just remember - the city limits of Manhattan begin at the Rio Grande River! [>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top