Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:02:55 AM EDT
and happened in 1927 before NFA '34.

Psychopathic mass murderers are not new and not the result of violent movies and video games and access to firearms.

www.themediadrome.com/content/articles/history_articles/disaster_in_bath.htm

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is a more concise article on it. 45 people were blown up or murdered:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
And IIRC, the largest mass murder in the US happened in an illegal nightclub in NYC where the perp used gasoline to set fire to the single entrance/exit of the club, incinerating some 87  people...well, until the ATF's siege of the Branch Davidian retreat.

Happyland Killings

FUCKING GASOLINE.  Ban it for the children.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a thread about the 1927 killings last night.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=567465

Sick shit.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sick shit.

I figured someone beat me to it, but a search was futile.  It was making me furious watching the dumbass on Glen Beck last night blaming it on video games and movies.  She said things like this didn't happen when I grew up.  I never even saw a fistfight in my highschool

what a bunch of BS
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I read an article this morning that said the "massacre at wounded knee" is always left out when recounting mass murders in this country.

Don't have a link but I think it was over at AK47
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow.. that dude was fucked up
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sick shit.

And the guys here in this thread also forgot about the deadliest episode of school violence too.

Beslan Massacre

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I read an article this morning that said the "massacre at wounded knee" is always left out when recounting mass murders in this country.

Wounded Knee Massacre was 1890, so I doubt there was an AK47.  The AK 47 may have been involved in the death of 2 FBI agents in the 1970's by AIM activist Leonard Peltier, which happened in Wounded Knee, SD.   May have been on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in SD
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Bath School killings? Never heard of it until today. That sick bastard murdered mostly children. He's still burnin' in hell.

This goes to show that this sort of thing DID happen "when I grew up". It's never about guns or even explosives. It's about nut-jobs. They were here in 1927 and will be around forever.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sick shit.

I figured someone beat me to it, but a search was futile.  It was making me furious watching the dumbass on Glen Beck last night blaming it on video games and movies.  She said things like this didn't happen when I grew up.  I never even saw a fistfight in my highschool

what a bunch of BS

It's still good to know about this stuff.  When the media start screaming that events like these never happened before I like to remind people that there've always been shitheads out there willing to "Share" their pain with the group.

Here's another random shooting (Lone gunman shooting into a crowd listening to band music with a shotgun) from 1903. These jerks have been around a LONG time. We just didn't blame the GUN until recently.

www.ausbcomp.com/~bbott/wortman/twigg.htm#GeorgeNichols
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#11]
How about the slaughter of starving, unarmed Indians at Wounded Knee?  Oh, I forgot...the government gets a pass on their mass killings.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#12]
But that can't be true. No guns? Come on. How can that be? Guns are the most vile things in the world. You can only kill people with guns. Everybody knows that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wounded Knee Massacre was 1890, so I doubt there was an AK47.  The AK 47 may have been involved in the death of 2 FBI agents in the 1970's by AIM activist Leonard Peltier, which happened in Wounded Knee, SD.   May have been on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in SD

I am laughing.  I think you misunderstood my "AK47" reference.  "AK47" Forum was where I believe I read the article.  I am aware no AKs were used in the original wounded knee massacre.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, he used an AR.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How about the slaughter of starving, unarmed Indians at Wounded Knee?  Oh, I forgot...the government gets a pass on their mass killings.

That's a nice herring you have. It's all red and everything.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe a key part of the VT "mass killing" is that it was done by a lone shooter, unlike Wounded Knee.

Also, the natives weren't completely unarmed...IIRC they were in the process of disarming them when shots rang out. Soldiers were killed there too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Wait.

People died before guns existed? WHEN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?!
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Bath School killings? Never heard of it until today. That sick bastard murdered mostly children. He's still burnin' in hell.

This goes to show that this sort of thing DID happen "when I grew up". It's never about guns or even explosives. It's about nut-jobs. They were here in 1927 and will be around forever.

Some of my family assisted in the rescue operation after the roof colapsed at the Bath school.   There is a special place in hell for that asshole.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wait.

People died before guns existed? WHEN THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?!

(fingers in ears) LA LA LA LA...

You can't say that. It defeats the leftist rhetoric! Everyone knows that guns are the sole cause of murder and crime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top